Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jim
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.theskyscrapers.org
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 16:59
Total Comments 2493 (Senior)
User ID 9255

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Space Shuttle foam problems Aug 14, 2007, 10:54 Jim

They could do 1 of 2 things:

1. Go back to the old recipe that didn't flake off.
2. Paint the exterior of the tank after foam applicaton with something that will keep it intact. I think the first 2 shuttle flights had white tanks, then they discontinued the practice due to the extra weight.

Jim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. people are dumb Aug 14, 2007, 10:47 Jim

If that's the same ad I'm thinking of, then they certainly need to explain that if people were so smart, why they signed up for bad mortgages in the first place.

Jim

9. Re: Heh. Aug 13, 2007, 12:30 Jim

Karl Rove said today his resignation as President Bush's senior political adviser was not forced. Rove said he will leave his post at the end of August. He said the first thing he'll do after leaving the White House is "go dove hunting in West Texas."

Good riddance. I guess six years too late is better than never.

First thought: is he going to shoot someone too?

Is it lawyer season already? Sheesh, where does the time go?

Jim

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Mercury Computer Systems Releases... Aug 8, 2007, 11:44 Jim

Heh, when I first started reading the headline I saw:

Mercury Computer Systems Release Toxic Chemicals...

Jim

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. iMac Aug 8, 2007, 11:41 Jim

I'd like to get one. My old iMac G5 is showing (slowing) its age.

I wish they had an nVidia option for them though, I've never been a big fan of ATI, even for non-gaming needs.

Jim

3. Bonds Aug 8, 2007, 11:35 Jim

Its funny that MLB re-titled that article to "BB king: Bonds hits home run No. 756"

I assume they mean BB to be the ititials for Barry Bonds, but they also must know that BB is the abbreviation for base on balls, which coincidentally (or incidentally if you want to look at it that way), Bonds is also the current leader of for the 2007 season. His 114 walks are 30 more than the next runner up.

http://tinyurl.com/yr9wu3

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 11:35.

Jim

News Comments > Site Seeing
1. Lost? Aug 7, 2007, 13:04 Jim

Haven't we gone though this before?

Lost:

1. Fire up MS Flight Simulator.
2. Crash a plane into a tropicsl island.
3. Quit Flight Simulator and start Far Cry.

Jim

11. Re: A small rant... Aug 7, 2007, 12:10 Jim

nin, just get some spray disinfectant and then when you go to work on his computer, spray the keyboard. Then if he ask why tell him.

And don't forget to douse his mouse as well.

Jim

7. Test collision Aug 7, 2007, 11:21 Jim

Too bad such a great collision was ruined by shitty video editing. What is the obsession with internet video and changing the camera angle every second instead of showing the entire thing from one angle, at normal speed?

As for keyboards, I think this one would be useful in saving a couple of keystrokes:
http://www.glassgiant.com/custom_keyboard/?l1=Alt%2BCtrl%2BDel&size=large

Jim

1. Yankees? Aug 6, 2007, 11:55 Jim

Did you change loyalty Blue? I thought you were a Mets fan. If that's still the case, there is someting to brag abount this morning:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/glavine300/index.jsp

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 12:11.

Jim

2. How to Visit New York City on $100 Aug 4, 2007, 14:16 Jim

Haha! Best laugh I've had all week.

Jim

7. No subject Aug 3, 2007, 12:36 Jim

Wired News: You've devoted the last six years to warning people about the catastrophic possibility of a near-Earth asteroid crashing into the Earth. Does this stuff keep you awake at night?

Rusty Schweickart: (laughs) Does it keep me up at night? Yes, but not in the way you're probably asking. I don't stay up at night worrying about an impact. I do stay up and work over in my mind various technical issues, and think about the work that needs to be done.

Bzzzt! Wrong answer. He was supposed to have said that he stays up all night at his telescope watching for asteroids, and yeah, the occasional glance at the moon and Jupiter..

Jim

News Comments > Op Ed
2. online games Aug 3, 2007, 12:31 Jim

Don't they all come with the ESRB's "Warning, experience may change during online play"? Esentially meaning once you go online with a game, you're pretty much in a gaming environment meant for mature (even though its ironic most of this crap comes from immature) players.

Jim

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. No subject Aug 3, 2007, 12:26 Jim

Now can't you set your own trems in an ebay sale by saying something like "seller has the right to cancel the sale at any time before the close of the auction"?

Then when he changes his mind, as long as its before the deal is done, he can pull the ad.

Peter Smythe now has himself a nice bird for a steal.

Jim

1. Vista retail price Aug 3, 2007, 12:20 Jim

The price cut was made to meet market demand for the operating system, the company said in a statement.

Who are they trying to fool? They could have said the same hting by saying "No one is buying it, so we dropped the price in hopes that there would be more sales."

Now shouldn't they do that in the US? I hear the adoption rate for Vista hasn't quite met expectations. I might think about buying it for $66, that's at least a little bit closer to the fair price for a service pack with a shiny new interface.

Jim

5. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2007, 12:08 Jim

Second, I once again question Dr. Toothy, and if he knows what he's doing...you need to seriously get away from him.

I smell a lawsuit.

Jim

News Comments > Into the Black
25. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2007, 07:52 Jim

I posted a lot and there are stories to share, but I need to get something to eat and return some phone calls...as this is VERY close to my house and cell service is difficult right now, a lot of people are wondering if I am ok, as we use the road all the time.

Thanks for the update Bats. I didn't hear about it until about midnight (Eastern) last night and thought of you right away. Those involved are VERY fortunate as this clearly could have been a LOT worse.

Jim

1. Office printers 'will kill you' Jul 31, 2007, 12:38 Jim

They say some printers should come with a health warning.

Just like everything else? It will soon become what shouldn't have an "it'll kill ya!" label on it.

They also want companies to ensure that printers are based in well-ventilated areas so that particles disperse.

Chaaaa.. maybe out in the parking lot? I doubt the majority of office buildings even have a well ventillated area that isn't right near an open window or outside.

How about stop printing so much shit. The printer we have here prints maybe 10 pages at most all week.

Jim

6. Re: No subject Jul 31, 2007, 12:21 Jim

Company devises umbrella that forecasts rain.

Common Sense: -1

Because it is too difficult to look at the sky yourself or check weather.com? sheesh.

$140.00? No thanks. I can imagine it eats batteries like candy.

And the irony is that a product like that seems to be geared towards a demographic that spends far too little time outdoors to really matter anyway.

Jim

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Ballmer Jul 31, 2007, 08:03 Jim

Ha. Just noticed the theumbnail photo of Ballmer they used for that story.

Remember this?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6304687408656696643

Jim

2493 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo