Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jim
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.theskyscrapers.org
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 16:59
Total Comments 2493 (Senior)
User ID 9255

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Metaverse
2. Re: ... Jun 15, 2008, 11:42 Jim

I tend to agree. The article seems to make emphasis on the fact that Google chose not to alter its logo on Memorial day. I think this is far less offensive than the deluge of ads I see on TV and hear on the radio telling me that I should buy a car or a mattress because its Memorial day, completely drowning out the original meaning of the holiday.

And no, Sputnik is not a "Hey, communism is great" message, but rather the first step in the age of space exploration, no different from the Wright Brothers' flight. Just because it didn't happen in the US doesn't mean its anti-US to observe the anniversary of it. We had our own Sputnik anniversary celebration at Ladd observatory last year, and no one accused us of being communist. Sheesh!

Jim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Russert... Jun 14, 2008, 12:05 Jim

I was quite shocked when I first read the news yesterday. Another one who went way too early.

For someone who has made a guest appearance in my living room practically every Sunday for the past 10 or more years, rest in peace. He will be missed, and I don't think anyone will really be able to take his place.

Jim

2. Indiana Jones Jun 11, 2008, 21:17 Jim

So I finally saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull last night. If you're a fan of the first 3 movies, you'll like this one. Its your typical Indiana Jones plot with a different setting with a couple of interesting twists. All in all, a good old fashioned action/adventure flick. If I don't go to see it again I'll definitely get it on DVD (as I have the other 3).

Jim

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky DX10 Footage
21. No subject Jun 7, 2008, 12:46 Jim

Nice video, neat looking game. I haven't played the original (don't think my aging PC would handle it).

I'd like to see a video of stuff getting blown up though, like those flimsy shelters, it looks like everything should be easily destructible.

Jim

1. Ballmer Bot takes the stage with Bill Ga Jun 5, 2008, 21:36 Jim

Alright, who brought the eggs?

Jim

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Staples Jun 3, 2008, 08:16 Jim

they must be hurting- for an OFFICE SUPPLY store to get into selling movies, but not just that, the hairbrained idea to sell movies on a physical medium that you play once then toss into the ecovironment. WTF. Didn't a similar product die a deserving death many years back?

Jim

3. Mars Phoenix May 30, 2008, 22:48 Jim

For anyone who hasn't been following this mission, it's really worth checking out.

We ought to be spending more money on this stuff.

Also STS-124 takes off tomorrow at 17:02 EDT,

See it on NASA TV: http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

Jim

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Toilet trouble fix loaded onto shuttle May 30, 2008, 10:14 Jim

We have an old porta-crapper up at the observatory we're looking to get rid of. We ought to ship it down to KSC so they can stuff it inside the Kibo lab when they deliver it to the ISS.

Jim

4. Bonehenge May 30, 2008, 09:32 Jim

And here I thought all these years it was just an observa-tree, now to find out it was also a skeleton farm.

Jim

12. Purported UFO video to be shown Friday. May 29, 2008, 16:38 Jim

Yeah they were hoping to have finished making it earlier this week, but the special effects took longer than expected on their slow computers.

Jeff Peckman, who is pushing a ballot initiative to create an Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission in Denver to prepare the city for close encounters of the alien kind, said the video is authentic and convinced him that aliens exist.

Denver? Isn't Devil's Tower in Wyoming?

Jim

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. 14 Classic Tech Rivalries May 29, 2008, 13:52 Jim

Looks like their spacebar was on the fritz and they don't know how to run a spellcheck.

Jim

2. Windows 7 demo all multitouch May 29, 2008, 13:51 Jim

But did they demo the egg-impact responsiveness of the OS (or Ballmer)?

Jim

News Comments > Supernova 2: Spacewar Released, Demo
1. Type II supernova? May 23, 2008, 13:02 Jim

Was there also a Type Ia supernova?

Jim

2. eggs May 20, 2008, 17:25 Jim

Not sure why this is in "tech bits" but I find it hilarious.

It appears that the eggtacker ran out of eggmunition before scoring a direct hit.

Jim

8. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 11:17 Jim

Every time I see anything about the Sopranos now, that piano solo at the beginning of "Don't Stop Believin" pops into my head...

And every time I think of or hear the opening of that song I think of that Family Guy snippet:

[Paul bearers carrying casket down stairs]Hey that IS Journey. Kick ass! [drops casket and run toward music]

Jim

18. multiple moons May 7, 2008, 13:00 Jim

Speaking of moons, anyone who didn't see this last night
http://www.spaceweather.com/swpod2008/07may08/Daniel-OMalley1.jpg?PHPSESSID=pcubitp58lk8h9aegq30iinds5

missed an incredible view.

Jim

15. Re: No subject May 2, 2008, 12:37 Jim

There hasn't been a great *superhero* movie since The Right Stuff.

That's what I like to hear!

Jim

5. Re: No subject May 2, 2008, 11:00 Jim

These searches cost a FORTUNE, should the resident's of Nevada be forced to pay for it?

Then what's the point of search & rescue at all if its all about THE MONEY?

Ah fuck 'em. Let the buzzards find 'em. No one has to pay the buzzards afterall...

Jim

7. No subject May 2, 2008, 10:45 Jim

Am I the only one not excited about "Iron Man"?

Ugh, ANOTHER superhero movie. Nothing to see here, move along.

I'm looking forward to Indiana Jones though. I realize that it won't be "Raiders" but I'm sure I'll find it at least somewhat entertaining since I like the series.

Jim

2. Earth Day Apr 22, 2008, 09:20 Jim

Wow its Earth Day already?

That means I must have missed the Mercury Day and Venus Day celebrations.

Jim

2493 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo