Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jim
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.theskyscrapers.org
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 16:59
Total Comments 2493 (Senior)
User ID 9255

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Microsoft Apologizes to Fort Gay Sep 21, 2010, 11:36 Jim

I'm guessing the threat of legal action prompted Microsoft's reversal.  
Jim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Syfy Sep 20, 2010, 23:22 Jim

All those movie titles remind me of Creature Double Feature on WLVI years ago. Now those were flicks worth watching.  
Jim

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Soviet Arcade Sep 10, 2010, 12:01 Jim

That Soviet arcade is pretty cool. It reminds me of a lot of the games we used to have at Spring Lake.  
Jim

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 12:48 Jim

mch wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 10:50:
That video of the cruise liner is nuts.

Also, Five Guys > In-N-Out burger.

9/10 on the video game quiz. Should have been 10/10. Here's what they told me I missed:

Your answer:
Grand Theft Auto
Correct answer:
Grand Theft Auto

I had the same problem with "Pac-Man" (I got it wrong because of the hyphen) and I put "Super Mario Kart" instead of just "Mario", so really got 6/10. Should have got Sega but for some reason blanked on that one. I didn't check the hints while I took the quiz, probably would have correctly guessed all 10 if I had.

Jim

News Comments > Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor
31. Re: Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor Sep 8, 2010, 16:25 Jim

Will this idiot ever STFU?

How many times have I played Luftwaffe pilot bombing the crap out of Allied forces or U-boat commander sinking thousands of tonnes of Allied merchant shipping in video games and no one made a stink about being able to fight for the Nazis?

Jim

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2010, 11:17 Jim

Do the dogs eat spiders?  
Jim

4. Labor Day Sep 6, 2010, 17:09 Jim

Spectacular weather here in the northeast. I spent the last 2 evenings at the observatory, getting home no earlier than 4:00am both mornings, and the seeing was exceptional. I still have a few hundred megabytes of Jupiter images to process. I seem to recall Labor Day weekend last year being almost as spectacular. And to top it off, this week Samuel Adams Octoberfest is now available at my local beer store. This is rapidly becoming my favorite weekend of the year.  
Jim

News Comments > DNF Next Year
6. Re: DNF Next Year Sep 3, 2010, 14:05 Jim

It it April 1st already?  
Jim

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2010, 13:05 Jim

Our heat wave finally subsided this morning, as tropical storm conditions now prevail. NWS is now telling us that by 0900 tomorrow Earl will be long gone.

The warm tropical rain does feel nice though, especially after the 5-day heat wave we just left.

Jim

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Epic Citadel Sep 2, 2010, 08:26 Jim

The demo is quite impressive. The controls take a bit of getting used to, I kept walking into walls and into corners, but it definitely shows promise. The biggest problem I had was holding the iphone in such a way as to not muffle the speakers with my hand.  
Jim

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2010, 18:07 Jim

Blue wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 11:28:

I hear you... And I hate September in general. I never liked it since childhood between school resuming and summer ending, and then my mom died in September, which makes this a depressing time of year for me.

Yeah I used to not like September either, but since I haven't been in school in years I don't mind it so much, in fact I enjoy the weather, but the rapidly decreasing daylight hours near equinox are a depressing reminder of what is coming (I hate winter).

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 11:49:

August = Satan's asshole.

Thanks for the laugh!

Jim

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2010, 11:35 Jim

Thanks Blue. OotB is the usually the first section of the site I read, along with the daily links. I then scroll up as I read the rest of the site.  
Jim

News Comments > On Portal 2's Dropped Competitive Multiplayer
1. Re: On Portal 2's Dropped Competitive Multiplayer Aug 27, 2010, 11:30 Jim

I'm glad to hear that the focus of Portal 2 will remain the singleplayer experience.  
Jim

News Comments > Portal 2 Wheatley Trailer
10. Re: Portal 2 Wheatley Trailer Aug 24, 2010, 18:37 Jim

Hoop wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 18:28:
Where was Wheatley in Doom3?

"I say sir look another one of those closets, & another here also."

Yes that scene was a little reminiscent of Doom 3, with a little Clone Wars mixed in with the "machines making machines" bit. This is definitely going to be 2011's GotY.

Jim

9. Re: RIP Aug 24, 2010, 15:18 Jim

Capella wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 13:55:
So long Jack. I always enjoyed your brief tidbits about the planets and stars. Here is hoping you get to keep looking up.

RIP Jack.

I managed to make it through more than a quarter century of being an amateur astronomer without seeing more than a half-dozen or so of his segments. I think the segments were too short to occupy a slot in the TV listings so I was never able to find it. The few times I stumbled across it in recent years it was on at a million o'clock in the morning, when I would have either been out observing or asleep.

Jim

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Lucas Aug 24, 2010, 11:53 Jim

Lucas should sue dark matter, since it surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together  
Jim

News Comments > On Medal of Honor's Taliban Controversy
18. Re: On Medal of Honor's Taliban Controversy Aug 23, 2010, 13:07 Jim

I wonder what will happen when they discover the 100s of video games produced over the decades that let you play on the side of the Nazis...  
Jim

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2010, 11:42 Jim

Thought I heard someone blowing a vuvuzela during last night's Giants-Jets game.  
Jim

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Announced
9. Re: Microsoft Flight Announced Aug 17, 2010, 11:35 Jim

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 11:00:
Blue wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 10:54:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 10:45:
Consoled MS Flightsim? Big surprise.

"Windows-exclusive"

Gameplay. And I don't trust Microsoft regarding the "exclusivity" of their titles.

Keep in mind that the MSFS series has been used by flight schools for many years, and there is an entire industry based on it (add-ons, hardware, communities, etc). Even if they did make it console-accessible, I highly doubt that they'd dumb down the Windows version of it.

Someone mentioned bush flying in Alaska? Yeah I'd VERY much love to see more of that in this version of FS.

Time to start shopping for new PC hardware...

Jim

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 11, 2010, 13:34 Jim

zirik wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 12:20:
carmacks twitter is full of programming jargon it bored me to death. but it was great to see him active again after going silent with his .plan files! thats the reason i started visiting blues way back in the day. to read .plan files.

I remember those days well. Blue's site was specifically dedicated to news regarding id Software and the development of Quake, and much of these updates came from those .plan files.

I had almost forgotten about .plan files, it's been a good 10 years since I've even heard the term mentioned.

Jim

2493 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo