Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jim
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.theskyscrapers.org
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 16:59
Total Comments 2493 (Senior)
User ID 9255

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 Preorders, Specs
30. Re: Portal 2 Preorders, Specs Feb 14, 2011, 22:12 Jim

Portal was one of the best games, ever. It is one of only 3 or 4 games that I played all the way through MULTIPLE times. I'm looking forward to Portal 2, and I don't think the $50 price is unreasonable.

I think this may be the first Mac game I ever buy.

Jim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mirror's Edge 2 On Hold?
9. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 On Hold? Feb 14, 2011, 11:51 Jim

When I read the headline, the first thing that came to mind was "turned down edge"  
Jim

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition Announced
24. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition Announced Feb 11, 2011, 15:05 Jim

A hundred bucks and no pair of giant steel balls?  
Jim

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 8, 2011, 12:27 Jim

Microsoft
The shake-up should start at the very top. It is time for Ballmer to go.

Nuremberg Toy Fair
It's about bloody time that people realize that yes, you CAN make toys without all that plastic and chemical junk, just like 100 years ago. I hope this trend continues.

Bill Nye
A great read, thanks for sharing this link. I am shocked that a majority of biology teachers do not teach evolution. Our society seems to be moving in the wrong direction.

Jim

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Test Drive Unlimited 2
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Test Drive Unlimited 2 Feb 8, 2011, 11:49 Jim

No demo?

I wonder if the crashes are any good...

Jim

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2011, 20:02 Jim

The game was good.
The ads were so-so.
The half-time show was poor.
The rendition of the Star Spangled Banner was lousy.

I'm also pretty disgusted with the broadcast quality of Fox Sports. Yes I'm still watching standard definition tube TV, but their broadcasts have gotten worse over the past year. The scoreboard is tiny and almost impossible to read, especially the game clock. Any moving camera angle shown along the length of the field, the yard markers flicker in and out real bad, and the whole screen is grossly distorted as if they're trying to squish a HD wide screen signal onto my standard def TV (and yes, I'm watching their standard def channel). I first noticed this during the World Series so I guess they're not going to bother fixing it.

I've never been a big fan of Fox Sports (especially during baseball season), and this makes me dislike them even more. I know I should get HDTV but no other standard def channel gives me problems, just Fox.

Jim

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2011, 12:25 Jim

Go Packers!  
Jim

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. How Dell ships 65 screws Feb 6, 2011, 12:24 Jim

New ad campaign. "If you hate the environment, buy Dell."

Jim

14. Re: Hugs Feb 4, 2011, 15:37 Jim

Hoop wrote on Feb 4, 2011, 14:15:
BBQ with friends tonight, I think as an experiment I will hang onto people when they give me the 3 second hug, see when things start to get awkward.
Supposed to get up into the 90's today & it will be light right up untill 9.30pm, hows your Winter going? .... sorry get me back in August.

Sounds like a great time for a star party. Show 'em the Southern Cross. Tonight we have our observatory meeting, I made a powerpoint presentation for the friend I spent time with down in Everglades last month that he is going to show when we saw the Southern Cross (my first time) just barely above the horizon right before morning twilight.

Jim

5. gound hog day Feb 4, 2011, 11:59 Jim

Ok I'm going to be the grinch here. First of all, I think ground hog day is the dumbest "holiday" of the year, and the perennial tradition of repeating it just makes it that much more annoying.

Jim

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 2, 2011, 22:27 Jim

nin wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 21:42:

Never was a fan...

Same here.

Jim

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2011, 22:29 Jim

Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2011, 19:24:
Yeah, the PB should definitely be after the SB. And the Black Eye Peas for the halftime show? Puke! Blah!

I'm not thrilled about the Black Eyed Peas either, but at least they're taking a break from the "Bands That Should Have Retired A Quarter Century Ago Half-Time Series."

Also agree that the Pro Bowl should follow the Super Bowl.

Jim

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2011, 13:24 Jim

The temperature was -22C at the observatory this morning.  
Jim

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2011, 14:09 Jim

Rattlehead wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 13:03:
I'm in class and I have to fart so bad

Let it rip. The trick to use here is a slow, controlled release. It may still stink, but it may not be obvious who it came from.

I used to like the lecture halls that had the padded seats. Farts could be injected into the seat such that the cushion muffled the sound and the gas was contained. Next person that sat in that seat though, puffed up a cloud of stink.

Jim

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Too late for 38 Studios… Jan 19, 2011, 13:14 Jim

That wasn't such a sweetheart deal considering that the taxpayers (me) are most likely going to end up eating the cost of that loan.

Jim

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2011, 13:59 Jim

kxmode wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 13:35:
I just lost the game...

Well you lasted quite a bit longer than I did. I lost it several months ago.

Jim

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2011, 11:40 Jim

Nothing screams "we are completely out of new ideas" louder than "Pac-Man Reality Series." This has fail written all over it.  
Jim

3. Gateway Jan 14, 2011, 12:11 Jim

I didn't realize they were still around. I haven't seen a single piece of Gateway hardware, or known someone who has used one, in probably close to 10 years now.  
Jim

News Comments > No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises
20. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 13:46 Jim

DokterBeefcake wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 12:09:

I hope my silly cake analogy brought some light to 'lead platform' development. Or made you hungry.

The cake is a lie.

Jim

15. Re: APOD- 2011 January 9 - The Antikythera Mechanism. Jan 10, 2011, 16:00 Jim

kxmode wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 12:13:
More information about this ancient technological marvel be found on this video from Nature: Part 1 and part 2

Yeah not sure why this is featured now since it is not a "new" find (we've seen that image many times before), but still neat nonetheless.

I also wonder when we will start calling it the Antikythera Planetarium now that we know what it is (mechanism was the appropriate term when we had no idea).

Jim

2493 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo