Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Monday Hardware Reviews
7. Re: Intel Quad Core Price Cuts!!! May 15, 2007, 01:38 Bet

The price point of the x2900xt is the attractive option. Fully $100 less than the 8800GTX according to most review sites for performance that is not that far behind.

All that being said, it's hard to hold nVid to fault for profit taking while AMD/ATi have been jerking off in the corner for the last six months. I think it's reasonable to expect price drops for the 8800 GTX soonish.

Both points are why I'm glad I waited the extra 2 months before going for a new card. Had a bunch of games that take advantage of 7900GTX speed that needed a replay anyway, Oblivion at max and 110FPS could wait a bit! Waiting was hard though, knowing there was a card twice as fast. Argh.

Still hard to wait. Price cut please. Or maybe I'll just roll the dice with an ATI 2900XT for the hell of it, now that I've waited for it to come out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Monday Hardware Reviews
3. 2900XT Reviews May 14, 2007, 17:30 Bet

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. Not enough performance to drop the price of the 8800GTX appreciably. Dang it, dang it.

News Comments > Sam & Max Episode 6 Released, Bonus Disc Explained
2. Re: No subject May 11, 2007, 13:51 Bet

Yeah I was pretty damn impressed with this bonus lineup. I bought Season 1 after finishing Bright Side of the Moon on GameTap, and figured we'd get a soundtrack and some concept art. Apparently I'm a nub when it comes to Telltale games, they really went all out.

News Comments > Armed Assault Beta Patch
10. Re: diggin it so far in the demo May 10, 2007, 23:28 Bet

GameSpot had a similar issue with Faces of War, where the review didn't know that you could press a button to toggle a mode. You'd think that with all the people that play games, they could get technically competent people to review them.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Update
3. X-Com May 5, 2007, 18:48 Bet

TFD for $2.45? Almost criminal not to get it for that price. Good lord.

News Comments > Battlefront Patch
2. Re: Curious May 2, 2007, 09:04 Bet

While I do enjoy the Matrix Games, I haven't yet tried this one. Probably won't considering my current backlog of games, but I have been tempted all the same.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch
5. Re: Major Flaw May 2, 2007, 06:21 Bet

So you have to send units off to their deaths rather than dismiss them.

You can always try and off them yourself. Plenty friendly fire methods, although I habitually try to avoid them. It still happens though, there's a lot of firepower to be had in the game!

News Comments > Tuesday Game Reviews
6. Re: Mercs 2 is a preview not review :) May 2, 2007, 06:19 Bet

Mercs wasn't even released on PC, why's the sequel getting the treatment?

Dunno but since you made me aware of the fact that it IS coming to PC, I'm now paying attention to the progress of the game. Funny how that works.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2007, 06:03 Bet

This sort of thing is considered rather tasteless in the United States.

And apparently the UK as well, since this is where the newest Sony PR disaster is going down. Guessing the reaction to the event is/would be the same wherever animal cruelty-conscious people have PR power. Pretty hilarious that it made the Official Playstation Magazine, moreso that they're now recalling all of the issues after they'd been printed.

Personally, I feel far, far, far far faaaaaaaaaaar worse about all the abused pets and homeless animals than I do about a single dead goat used for a PR stunt.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 06:15.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Trailer
29. Re: ... Apr 29, 2007, 03:24 Bet

I mean, the man says it's "the actual gameplay you'll get to play" right in his post..

Companies have been saying for 10 years that watching an FMV constitutes playing the game. Just because you're sitting there not pressing any buttons doesn't mean you're not playing, right? Well, that's their logic at least.

News Comments > Sam & Max Season Finale on GameTap
9. Re: GameTap Apr 28, 2007, 13:35 Bet

How would Gametap users rate the service?

The reincarnation of the Sega Channel, except it's exponentially better. An overload of seriously awesome games mixed in with oldschool nostalgia. Between the games I own and the games available on GameTap I don't have enough time to play everything I feel like at any given moment.

Fast downloads and modern games mean it's taking up 20 gigs on one of my partitions, hah.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 13:36.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch
5. Re: DX10? Apr 26, 2007, 12:43 Bet

1.7 patch is the one that's adding DX10 support. It was going to be in 1.6 which is due out any day now, but was bumped to 1.7, probably to get 1.6 out the door quicker.

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?s=b5f1f05dcd57ced8068ce925d5bc01d9&t=137227

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Irfanview Apr 25, 2007, 05:10 Bet

Everyone should. It's really fantastic. It's been my preferred image viewer since I first tried it a few years ago.

The only fault it has is that it's a little TOO zealous at browsing directories until you prune its file extension allowable list. It's the best program for images (and quick editing), but I don't like navigating a directory with the arrow keys after opening a .png and having it opening .pdf and .mpg files with equal gusto. Fortunately it's easy to change that through its powerful options menu.

3.9.8.0 served me well over the months. Time to see if 4.0 can improve upon near perfection.

News Comments > Infinity Ward Announcement Next Week
46. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2007, 22:26 Bet

to be honest i would like to see a ww1 game, with mustard gas and bayonets and trench warefare and what not.

im not sure if all of that could be made into a 'fun' game but eh.

It could be, if it's done right.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: vista finally goes beta! Apr 19, 2007, 02:00 Bet

Sons of bitches! It would work too, since I've kept saying I'm not touching Vista until at least SP1. Might have to revise that for SP2.

News Comments > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific Patch
14. Re: SWEET! Apr 17, 2007, 21:08 Bet

Dangerous Waters is a good one if you're looking for a naval sim experience with modern technology. You can drive subs, an ASW chopper, an Orion and a Perry FFG. It also takes voice command if you really want to go over the edge.

But good LORD is the game hard to break into! Made by ex-Navy guys I'm glad for the authentic recreation, and once you know what to do it's about 10 times more engrossing than a Tom Clancy novel. Modern combat sims make me glad I have the WW2 ones to resort to when I'm feeling lazy and don't care when my dumbfire torpedoes miss.

Loving this patch. Loving it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Cables Apr 17, 2007, 21:01 Bet

So for now, I'll just keep assisting medical research

Keep doing that AFTER they get some games too! Hoping PS3 users keep folding past the initial few months. Hell if they roll out a 360 client it could be console wars in a good way.

Ah. Would be beautiful. 'My console is better.' 'No mine is.' 'Mine is scoring 100 more PPD than yours!' 'That's because I've been playing games twice as much as you!'

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Art Assets Exonerated?
17. Re: No subject Apr 16, 2007, 22:25 Bet

I'd rather fight a bloodsucker then a pack of pseudodogs.

One of those fuckers popped up right in my face when I was going over a hill. Eye level and hissing and biting. I didn't stop shooting until the magazine was empty

NOT looking forward to when I run into more than one at a time. I've heard it happens, and it's why I carry a shotgun.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: re: Crazy Jack Apr 16, 2007, 18:05 Bet

Jack Thompson's anger...rising....rising...

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
27. Re: I'd buy one Apr 15, 2007, 21:48 Bet

Yup. The PS3 is dominating the Folding@Home statistics. Check the Stanford website. A small number of PS3s has already blown away all the other far more numerous processors.

Numerous and OLD. My 7 year old Athlon T-bird is included in those stats! Gotta take them with a grain of salt.

As far as points go, my Core 2 Duo using the SMP client outscores PS3s at the moment. Apparently the Stanford guys put more value on the Core 2 than the Cell even though it's considerably weaker on teraflop scale. Probably something to do with the inefficiency of the PS3 client, and the beta status of the SMP client.

Still crossing my fingers for an updated GPU client. A measly thousand Radeons running it. Lamesauce!

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 50.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo