Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Civ IV: Beyond the Sword Ships, New Demo
5. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2007, 17:08 Bet

The guy is determined and his spirit not easily broken.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World in Conflict DirectX 10 Trailer
4. DX10 Jul 24, 2007, 15:43 Bet

I'm really surprised it has DX10 support. Just another reason to buy it - it'll have upgraded eye candy when I get around to getting a DX10 card and Vista. How's that for bonus content, hah.

News Comments > Secret Files: Tunguska Patch
4. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2007, 22:52 Bet

Ah, I'd been wondering that myself. Missed the explanation(s).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: New processors Jul 23, 2007, 17:41 Bet

Hahahah, you just burned the hell out of that article.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sony Jul 22, 2007, 20:58 Bet

Which they are, notoriously so. Also desperately backward and oftentimes completely insane. Sony rootkit on music CDs ring a bell?

News Comments > Evening Q&As
6. Re: Crapout 3 Jul 20, 2007, 23:54 Bet

We saw the real Fallout 3, via the design docs. Hell, reading those is like getting intimate with the game, as opposed to just getting to know the face like we were presented with Fallout 1 and 2, with the Fallout Bibles later bridging a gap and showing us a little more skin than we were exposed to otherwise. The design docs were a good way to make peace with the Black Isle style Fallout's parting, everyone feeling separation anxiety regarding the new style should read them.

Honestly I was more disappointed with Fallout 2's presentation than with Bethesda's first outing so far. Fallout 2 was bigger and not better (thanks for making us a tribal, really) than Fallout 1, and good lord not enough vaults! Not NEARLY enough vaults! That's all Bethesda has to do to make me happy - more of the retro feel and lots of vault spelunking, thanks. Which is looking spot on from what's been released.

Fortunately your character in Fallout 3 isn't some unwashed techno-idiot that tells stupid stories about his assbackwards tribe. Going to first person perspective real-time combat is a small price to pay to go without enduring that humiliation, especially since they're including a choice in combat style like in Tactics.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Winters Jul 18, 2007, 21:16 Bet

Oh hey, new NBC show with a promising plot and Winters from Band of Brothers. Awesome. Odds are it'll have as many problems with ratings (gogo Nielsen) as Blue is having with his computers :/

News Comments > BioShock Soundtrack
2. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2007, 15:50 Bet

Do you really want a demo, though. Really? Do you actually want just a sampling of the game...and then be cut off from more until it ships? DO YOU?!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Intel raises Core 2 bus speeds, lowe Jul 16, 2007, 16:31 Bet

They haven't let up the pressure for 12 months. Been loving my excessively overclocked Core 2 for that long, but all my love for the 5 years before that had been for AMD processors, ever since jumping camp after the Pentium II. Never thought I'd see AMD in such a bad position

News Comments > Saturday Game Reviews
1. Out of Eight Jul 15, 2007, 13:58 Bet

I love these reviews! Never even thought about submitting them, for some reason.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Tank versus towers?! Jul 15, 2007, 13:40 Bet

Argh. When I hear of a tank rampage I expect a TANK, not an armored personnel carrier. An APC is barely more potent than an armored car for running over towers.

I guess it takes Californians on meth to steal the actual tanks with the big guns and go for destructive joyrides. Gotta wonder what this Patterson fellow had against the Australian cellular companies, although it seems he might have had a grudge for employment termination after a fall off a tower (judging from what this story said). Wondering if the Telstra towers were such crap that the poor guy fell off one 15 years ago and got some kind of brain damage.

Based on the fact that the Optus towers remained standing while the Telstra towers went down kind of leads me to believe that the Telstra reputation in Australia is well deserved. Go Optus and someone rampaging in a restored APC probably won't disrupt your service!

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 13:44.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Trailer
23. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2007, 21:23 Bet

I wasn't that impressed with this video either. On the other hand I've logged over 20 hours in the beta and have loved it.

Same sentiment down to the hours played in the beta. At this point I want no video and more maps. Beta 2 please.

News Comments > New UT Marathon: Resurrection
3. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2007, 17:50 Bet

Aleph One is still the best choice for Marathon on any platform. I'll check version 2 of this out, since I always thought it was crazy that someone liked Marathon enough to make a total conversion of it for UT even in 2007. I like that kind of crazy.

Never going to see Halo getting this kind of love in 10 years.

News Comments > Majesty Acquired
4. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2007, 23:01 Bet

Yeah, I loved the game. I've still got Majesty Gold installed from my fall replay. Every couple of years I fire it up again, since it's so damn different compared to every other strategy game. It's a nice break from the micro necessary for Company of Heroes-level competitive play.

Paradox acquiring the IP is great news, since Majesty 2 was looking like a promising progression until Cyberlore went bust. No better company for these niche games either, except maybe Stardock, although I want their full attention on the Master of Magic remake.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: PT Boats:Knights of DX10 Jun 30, 2007, 16:03 Bet

Interesting way of buying more time. And potentially more trouble.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: DOOM music... Jun 21, 2007, 20:38 Bet

Some of these tracks are pretty good, interesting to see 'deleted game music'. un36.mid is definitely an interesting track, not something that would have fit Doom, but in a cyberpunk game it would have been a good fit. They sound pretty much perfect with an SB X-Fi soundcard for what it's worth.

News Comments > Hitman Trilogy Announced
1. Announcement Jun 19, 2007, 21:33 Bet

Saw this while browsing Gogamer the other day and wondered wtf I hadn't heard about it. Guess it's because they jumped the gun or something. Will probably pick this up, Hitman 1 is still my favorite of the series and by extension I liked Contracts as much. Time for a replay for Hitman 2 right about now too.

$30 for the compilation seems a bit extreme though. $20 for all the Police Quests/Space Quests was a much better deal, even if that Sierra compilation was an abomination. 'Please print out this long manual before playing, you'll need it', ok thanks Sierra!

Eidos needs to re-release the Thief series like this now. Thief 2 still isn't on Steam, even though it would be exorbitantly priced.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Beta Nears
25. Re: who cares Jun 17, 2007, 23:13 Bet

this game passed its cycle of anyone being interested in it over a year ago and they are just now getting into beta? What the fuck are these devs doing with all there time? Most likely trying to make a shitty game not quite as shitty. I am taking a pass on this crapper in waiting.

A guy that thinks BF:V is a better game than BF2 and BF2142 is shitting on ET:QW. Wow. Splash Damage couldn't get better PR than that, you should be part of their advertising campaign. It would be reverse psychology viral marketing. "That guy hates this game but loves BF:V? I need to buy TWO copies now!"

ET:QW has taken too long and the videos don't even look that good... it looks too arcadey when they have taken a graphically serious route. It doesn't look any better than Battlefield 2 - in fact I think it looks to be much worse.

This is probably news to you, but the developers also made Enemy Territory before this. A graphically serious and yet fast and furious game, just the same way that ET:QW looks to you. I suggest you try it, there are still 7000 people playing it right now even though it's 4 years old, you won't have trouble finding a packed server.

And to the people that turn their noses up at the hype for this game and go on about TF2 looking fantastic to you? Valve is the master of blue ball hype, complaining about any hype surrounding ET:QW is fueling the same machine that tears at TF2. Great job, team. Fuel that nerd rage.

Me, I'm buying and playing both, because I'm not some dumbass that purchases based on hype or videos. Patience is a great thing, that's why I don't rage on Valve for being 100 years late with TF2. Or for putting random critical hits in an FPS. Even though it's a monumentally stupid idea, though not as bad as some of the other changes from TFC they're making.

Nice that you don't have to pay for Fileplanet to get in on this beta for a change. Was probably the reason for not going with Gamespot for the distribution.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Beta 2 Nears
6. Re: No subject Jun 14, 2007, 22:35 Bet

Ok so don't preorder it, buy it when it comes out..heh.

Unless you really like Homeworld/beta testing/Stardock, right. If you fit any of those criteria though, it's a lot of fun.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Beta 2 Nears
3. Re: No subject Jun 14, 2007, 21:45 Bet

$35 if you figure buy it with tokens, which is the route I went. When you figure you can buy other games that hit the Stardock network (all with no DRM), it's a pretty good deal. But it'll be that price at release I'm guessing, so for now the whole pre-order to get into the beta thing is just something fun for Stardock supporters.

Everyone does seem to be having a fair amount of fun taking part in the beta process this way. Not unlike a Fileplanet beta really, but without the evil of having to pay Fileplanet.

For a Homeworld successor it's off to a great start. Haven't spent a tremendous amount of time with Beta 1 myself, but what I have spent is making me really optimistic about the multiplayer. The single player portion is pretty fun as it stands, but I'm playing GalCiv2 more than this until the single player is more finalized.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo