Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Game for Windows Announcements
5. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2007, 14:10 Bet

Now if they'd only make some PC "Games for Windows" that weren't just straight console ports.

Company of Heroes and Supreme Commander fit that bill nicely. The games are too high-level to be played without keyboard/mouse input as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game for Windows Announcements
3. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2007, 13:48 Bet

My Sidewinder Precision Pro 1 works just as well on WinXP SP2 as it did in Win98. Though I only use it for action and very sim-lite games. The real simulations demand (and deserve) the X52 Pro.

My Sidewinder gameport-based gamepads are another story. But since gamepads are a dime a dozen, I'm just glad my joystick still works. Only reason I got the X52, beyond the increased precision, was so that the Precision Pro's physical death would be delayed by another few years. Took a lot of abuse in IL-2 over the years, it needs some time off!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2007, 12:13 Bet

30 runs?! I MUST see this game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Full HD: Hip or Hype? Aug 23, 2007, 12:11 Bet

That's the biggest problem with HD right now: User Education.

And it's hard as hell to get that education. You have to dig for the raw facts of the matter. Took me a year before I realized with my own eyes that it wasn't worth downloading 1080p media to view on a 1920x1200 monitor. Even with 20/20 I can't tell enough of a difference between 720p and 1080p to justify the much larger downloads. Although either is a HUGE difference from standard definition media, that much is certain. h.264 720p/1080p video or bust.

Also, that 9800 GTS has me salivating. Can't wait to replace this 7900 GT with it. Please be November, please be November...

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of Arnor Announced
3. Re: Dang Aug 22, 2007, 09:09 Bet

No kidding. Plus with all the free content they keep releasing, I'm still not up to speed with the first expansion. Then this comes along!

Fortunately, buying Stardock games produces a fuzzy feeling that I'm not being treated like a criminal and having to deal with oppressive Russian or Sony copy protection.

So bring on the preorder! Might as well get the beta downloaded and subject my GalCiv2 skills to even more mediocrity with the addition of yet more content.

News Comments > TF2 Movie Soon
10. Re: ... Aug 19, 2007, 18:52 Bet

Concussion nade jumping on well?

I have no idea what you mean exactly (wasn't a huge TFC player to know the lingo) so that could very well be a joke that went over my head, but they did take out conc jumping completely. Not that I ever did it, just know people upset by that.

Personally, I'm a bit wary of the random critical hits. FPS and critical hits...

News Comments > Mafia 2 Announcement Nears
10. Re: AIIIIIEEEE Aug 17, 2007, 11:40 Bet

The biggest problem I had was the ending.
They had so many well developed characters, hell most games don't have one character developed as well and way they chose to end was like closing the door on SOOO many possiblites.

I had problems (hair pulling) with the race on inital release and the silly speed limit, i.e. cop on sidewalk detecting I was going 42 mph instead of 40mpg, instantly bringing cop cars down on me.

You just listed my only issues with the game. Those would definitely be the biggest problems with the game, all of those right there.

The ending is the reason why I quit playing the game once the story starts getting sour whenever I replay it. Can do without the last hour of the game bringing down the rest of it.

Definitely my favorite GTA-style game.

News Comments > BioShock Preorders Steaming Up
62. Re: ... Aug 16, 2007, 21:10 Bet

Oh, and if anyone cares, the preload is 5.5GB.

I was wondering that, thanks. FFS, my Steam directory is growing uncontrollably. I had to relocate Supreme Commander and GT Legends to another drive altogether today in anticipation of this. Soon the partition of the drive that Steam resides on can just be simply named 'Steam'. If I named partitions, that is.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Hard mode Aug 15, 2007, 22:36 Bet

I really, really wish Mark Rein would just shut the fuck up for a month or so.

He is getting pretty Epically annoying (ha ha pun ugh).

Watch UT3 decompress to 15 gigs on the hard drive. Well, at least that's what he's implying, otherwise he's blowing hot air. And Mark Rein wouldn't be doing that...would he?

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 22:36.

News Comments > Command & Conquer 3: Kanes Wrath Announcement
3. Re: No subject Aug 15, 2007, 21:56 Bet

NOD acting was top notch..or at least as good as it can get.

I had severe doubts as to whether Joe Kucan would give as good of a performance as Kane if he wasn't directing himself in the cutscenes. Turns out he's a better actor when he's not worrying about the other people, who knew?

Although I get the feeling I missed an interview or some trivia he tossed somewhere else about the dynamic on the Nod sets. The interviews he did give were hilarious as all hell. Hell of a guy, that Kucan. Hell of a guy.

Best bad guy in a game's FMV ever, hands down.

News Comments > Command & Conquer 3: Kanes Wrath Announcement
1. KANE Aug 15, 2007, 19:36 Bet

EA exploiting Kane is the smartest thing they've done for C&C 3. It would pain my heart if the singleplayer wasn't pretty good. It's unfortunate that the multiplayer is abysmal though, but hey, no Kane there.

News Comments > Shadowgrounds Survivor Trailer
4. Re: Yay Aug 14, 2007, 01:21 Bet

Good times with the first one too; hopefully this will continue on with the new installment.

Same hopes here. Was a great little game, hard to mess up the formula since it was so relatively simple. Setting it so the bodies never decayed left you with some massive alien body pileups, a hundred deep. Good times.

News Comments > BioShock Artbook
12. Re: No subject Aug 14, 2007, 00:24 Bet

He should do a custom logo like he used to do...

BioShock would be a good game to bring the tradition back temporarily

News Comments > BioShock PC Demo Update
28. Re: Intrigued Aug 14, 2007, 00:18 Bet

the rest of PC gaming is hangin on by a whisker, if that. Most PC games now are becoming hidden ports, some devs dont even bother to remove the 360 control scheme!

People were saying that same exact thing in 2000, but with 'PSX' in place of of '360'. Sony has fallen from grace with Microsoft and Nintendo gaining share, while PC gaming is the same as ever thanks to its always low-key nature. Wonder how many times and variations of this statement people need to say before it comes true.

14. Re: PS3 PR Rep Aug 13, 2007, 21:13 Bet

Where is The Sims on that list?

9. Re: Intrigued Aug 13, 2007, 20:36 Bet

Don't care about the demo so long as the full version isn't delayed, which it's not going to be. Demos are a waste of time these days unless it's a demo for a multiplayer-oriented game.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Obsolete? Aug 11, 2007, 20:46 Bet

DX10.1-only games are as likely as DX9.0c games were when that spec was introduced, so that inquirer article really IS a nonstory. Like most of their stories, unfortunately.

The new Nvidia cards due out in a few months will be supporting it at least, but the slideshow presenting the 10.1 spec seems to indicate it brings nothing as good as 9.0c brought over 9.0b.

News Comments > DEFCON Patch & New Demo
7. Re: great game? Aug 10, 2007, 20:18 Bet

I remember when this game came out to good reviews. Still a good game or did it burn out? Considering getting this.

It's worth getting if you a) know people that will also get it or have it, as it's a great game to beat on friends in or b) really loved Global Thermonuclear War from WarGames.

Or if you just want a solid Introversion multiplayer timewaster. Basically, just try the demo.

News Comments > DEFCON Patch & New Demo
3. Re: No subject Aug 10, 2007, 14:59 Bet

Taking a jab at Steam for this is ridiculous. The warning about Steam they provide is to keep you from mucking up your installation. The 'trick' of copying the 'defcon' directory from your Steam dir to someplace else and then patching it still works. Just installed 1.43 on my Steam copy of DEFCON 1.42, authenticated, and joined a v1.43 game.

Did the same thing for the 1.4 beta so I could play with a buddy who was in the Mac beta. Figured I'd (attempt to) decimate his ego while trying to help them iron out some bugs. Steam copy worked just fine for that!

News Comments > Epic Versus Silicon Knights Counterclaim
1. Drama Aug 9, 2007, 22:16 Bet

This is as amusing as it seemed the inevitable Epic response would be. Didn't expect it this soon though.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo