Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > The Hazy Future of Haze
12. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2007, 12:25 Bet

Like I said, quarantined. Looks like it's already wreaking havoc among the PS3 gamers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Hazy Future of Haze
4. Hazy Haze Sep 1, 2007, 01:44 Bet

What an interesting course this game has taken. The E3 2006 trailer sold me on a game's premise like very few do. Had no idea what system it was for, but it seemed interesting. Made a mental note to investigate later.

More than a year later, remembered the game and checked it out in detail, saw that it was slated for the PS3 and 360, which I was expecting, but also PC. That got me curious, so I started keeping up on it more. TimeSplitters dev studio stretching their legs a bit more. Second Sight was a poor first attempt at something different, which made me nervous. Apparently warranted, since in the last few weeks I've been incresingly hearing certifiably bad hype, which is uncommon in the forums I read.

And now this announcement? Seems like it's possibly being quarantined to the PS3. Ubisoft cutting their losses.

News Comments > Free Command & Conquer
6. Re: Awesome Aug 31, 2007, 23:00 Bet

Also, Internet play will not work according to the document. Does anyone know how to get it to work? Kali again? I feel old!

The original WinXP compatibility patch that broke the multiplay was used for The First Decade re-release, and EA never went back to fix that.

It's too bad C&C 3 didn't come out before they put out the First Decade compilation. Maybe then it would have had some actual substance instead of a stylish box and a consolidated installer.

News Comments > Mafia 2 Movie
2. Re: Sweet! Aug 31, 2007, 22:43 Bet

Me either. Hopefully they can keep the good things while ditching the bad. Or at least keep the good things. Sequels are tricky business that way.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hearts of Iron Anthology
1. Well now Aug 31, 2007, 15:02 Bet

Finally time for me to pick this game up.

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Beta
3. Re: No subject Aug 30, 2007, 21:54 Bet

I was with you until I subscribed for the original CoH beta a year ago. So... still with you in spirit, if not practice.

News Comments > Gold - Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars
23. Re: I am excited Aug 30, 2007, 15:37 Bet

But why would they have the game go gold a month before release? Are they intimidated by Bioshock? If anything they should want to get this out as soon as possible so that they can get a nice userbase before TF2 comes out.

It is pretty dumb to have a month between gold and retail. Used to it at this point, but it's still dumb as hell.

No other hyped multiplayer shooter competing with it for this month or the next means they're wasting a golden opportunity.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Outcast Aug 29, 2007, 17:03 Bet

Best voxel game ever. Also a damn fine third person shooter.

News Comments > Red Orchestra Free Play Today
13. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2007, 17:00 Bet

I actually want them to go a step further with the manual bolting, so that you can empty the magazine without firing and giving away your position, and insert a fresh clip before going into a freshly-hostile situation. Or at the very least let you manually reload the 3 bullets you're down like you can with the sniper rifles.

News Comments > BioShock SM 2.0 Progress
25. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2007, 15:27 Bet

If you get a boxed copy in the store, you can activate it on Steam and get all the benefits of Steam without purchasing it via Steam.

Whether you get it on Steam or not, the publisher has to pay Valve for the feature.

You cannot activate a retail copy of Bioshock on Steam. The box has no Steam branding, and as far as the retail copy is concerned, Steam does not exist.

News Comments > BioShock SM 2.0 Progress
23. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2007, 15:17 Bet

You're actually helping Valve and Steam by not purchasing a copy at all. One more copy not sold at retail is a Steam sale that isn't countered by a brick & mortar sale. Steam's numbers look better because of that attitude.

Added to the fact that Valve doesn't get a dime when you buy it at a store. That's why you don't get to activate it on Steam if you get a boxed copy.

Added to the fact that Irrational gets as much choice as to where their games are published and sold as they had choice to change their collective name to 2k Games Boston and 2k Games Australia, you're then penalizing the developers for their overbearing publisher's decision to sell the game at Steam as well as at retail.

Of course, this is all assuming you were going to buy the game, and aren't just using threads about Bioshock as places to rave about Steam's evils.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
4. Re: Crysis and DX10 Aug 28, 2007, 13:01 Bet

Yeah the naming scheme seems as uncertain as the launch date. But the name is less important than them shipping in November to me. I need a bloody new card!

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Re: Crysis and DX10 Aug 28, 2007, 12:27 Bet

I'll have the desire once I have a Vista and a Geforce 9800. Until then, it is a grayed out button in the demo.

News Comments > Newell: Vista-Only DX10 "A Mistake"
12. Re: Vista is not bad Aug 28, 2007, 12:17 Bet

I've been using Vista since it was in beta & it's really not that bad. I also run an XP client in VM ware as well for older software.

How's the old game compatibility faring for Vista for you? Are you running any games specifically on XP still?

Going to be installing Vista when Nvidia releases those G92s, but not sure whether I should dual-boot or go all the way and just format my XP partition.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: No subject Aug 28, 2007, 08:42 Bet

Video games are video games and there's plenty out there that are good.

More than I can even play on the PC alone. It's ridiculous, the stack of games that I still need to play for the first time is enormous, and those have to compete with games from the last 10 years like Fallout and Thief 2 that need a replay every few years.

I simply don't have the TIME to console game, as my collection of PC games is so large after 10+ years and continues to grow by the month.

The Dreamcast was the last console I could devote enough attention to to rationalize spending hundreds of dollars on another game system and its games instead of upgrading my video card to better play existing and new PC every other year.

If PC game releases start to slow down maybe my 'games to be played' stack will finally start to get smaller. Looking at the lineup for this Fall though, doesn't look like it's happening this year either. Sigh. Damn you UT3 and your almost-guaranteed 2000 hours of multiplayer!

News Comments > BioShock Activation Not Permanent
94. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2007, 16:20 Bet

Hidden files...check
Hidden registry entries...check

It is a rootkit.

It is made by Sony. Sound familiar?

Funny if they are "very open about it" there is NOTHING in their faq about rootkits etc.

Exactly. And still nothing about the fact that Process Explorer is a blacklisted tool in their ever-so-helpful-FAQ as well. Blacklisted because it lets you see a little too much about what SecuROM is doing to your system?

Because, you know, only thieves run an official Microsoft system tool and then complain about the copy protection forcing them to reboot so they can play a game between real work. Like making sweeping statements about people complaining about other things on web forums.

News Comments > Game for Windows Announcements
11. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2007, 15:59 Bet

It's a gameport-native first release model, so it's using a gameport to USB converter. The drivers are the ones shipped integrally with Windows XP (patched to SP2). It's all detected and set up automatically for me as soon as it's plugged into a USB port. Can't think of any other helpful information, the driver number in Device Manager is pretty generic.

News Comments > BioShock Activation Not Permanent
72. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2007, 11:36 Bet

When they remove it I will buy it.

Same here. Might as well make my purchase say something. A sales spike the same week they remove SecuROM will do that.

Got plenty of SecuROM-less games to play in the meantimes.

News Comments > BioShock Activations Upped, Widescreen Patch Planned
111. Re: Why have SuckuRom in the Steam versi Aug 24, 2007, 13:30 Bet

But that's minor compared to having it in the Steam version at all. If they removed it from Steam, they could just redirect all the securom haters over to Steam. Just say "Look we understand some of you will never accept securom, so we've removed it from the steam version. Please go buy that. Thanks."

My purchase is waiting on whether this happens. The second SecuROM is gone, Valve and 2K games get their money. I'm a patient man when it comes to great games. It's going to be removed eventually, one way or the other.

News Comments > BioShock Activations Upped, Widescreen Patch Planned
87. Re: So... Aug 24, 2007, 06:51 Bet

This whole graphics card whohah is a load of bumpf. People need to stop whinging at the developer and come down on ATI/AMD for releasing what amounts to poor excuses of cards that are both under-powered and underfeatured from the get go.

I remember buying a Geforce 6800 in 2004 and being slightly amused by the fact that it supported Shader Model 3, since there were practically no games on the horizon with support for SM3, although IL-2 would come around to that persuasion before long and that made it completely worth it (good lord that's some fancy .ini-enabled DX9.0c water).

If someone had told me 3 years ago that people would be getting so upset over the almost superfluous hardware feature I would have laughed in their face. In fact, I laughed at some reviews that made a big deal about the Geforce 6800 superiority over all ATI offerings because of the Shader Model 3 support.

It's unbelievable that those ATI naysayers are spectacularly right, 3 years later. Although ATI doesn't exist as a company anymore, so maybe it isn't so unbelievable. They've been punished by the gaming gods for leaving out DX9.0c from their 2004 cards.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo