Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Gears of War PC on November 6
25. Re: Can I just ask? Oct 5, 2007, 00:17 Bet

certain games simply play better with a gamepad...i.e.; Racing, flight games (or games like BF2 where you can fly planes as part of the game).

Flying is always better with a joystick! Otherwise I agree with you, that's why I just bought a 360 controller just for my PC. The Logitech Wingman Rumblepad's d-pad blows. Anything was an improvement over that.

And the analog triggers are a plus.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Turbine Shakeup
6. Re: Turbine Shakeup Oct 4, 2007, 17:00 Bet

Ex-Asheron's Call 2 gamers have kidnapped Jeff and issued their demands to reactivate it

Apparently the company has decided to sacrifice Jeff instead of giving into any demands. Tough luck for him.

News Comments > World in Conflict Patch Plans
2. Balancing Oct 3, 2007, 18:29 Bet

The target area for Air-to-Air Strike Tactical Aid has been increased.

OH THANK GOD. Or rather, Massive.

Edit: Oh wow, they actually classified these things as bugs. And they're fixed! Fantastic.

- Wide screen is now HOR+ instead of VERT-.
- You can now save replays in the online only version as well.

Excellent, excellent patch inbound. The only thing I now have issue with is not being able to bind specific Tactical Aids to keys, so navigating the TA menu can be bypassed. They said they like the sound of it though so hopefully patch 2.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 18:32.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Update
20. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 15:30 Bet

Got an email back from Robin Walker regarding the turret push and heavy damage. He said no intentional changes were made, but he said they would look into it today.

Oh yea, I'd just like to add...what other developer other than Valve can you send an email to and get a personal response 20min later?

After reading their Rock Paper Scissors interview, I'd have to say that Walker and Brown are some of the best devs a game like this could ever get.

Looking forward to seeing how they fix Sudden Death into something that flows as well as the rest of the game, since they've acknowledged there are significant problems with the pacing of it as it stands. I have faith in them, if they recognize it of their own volition.

News Comments > Wednesday Game Reviews
2. Re: Opposing Fronts Oct 3, 2007, 15:25 Bet

Wonder why not one reviewer mentions the online registration and that you need to create a account at relic even for single player games?
Even better as of patch 2.101 you need to do the same with your original copy of COH WTF?

The high price of inter-game compatibility and the choice of whether to buy the expansion to play with those that did.

I pay the price of making an account without purchasing the expansion gladly.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Movies Coming
13. Re: TF2 beta updated Sep 29, 2007, 18:11 Bet

They finally give the Pyro some attention, but neuter the Demoman.

So either learn to aim, or just get point blank before you fire. You take no damage at that distance and no one can escape the blast! Hooray!

News Comments > Command & Conquer Movies Page
7. Re: where? Sep 28, 2007, 20:45 Bet

How positively insane. Up for a short while, down 2 hours after the first 2 posts?

Hopefully they're making it better. Hope...er wait, this is EA. Well I hope they start selling this ability in some new product. C&C videos demand to be on demand in some form or another. Torrent, official website or DVD, it is a fix that has to be satisfied every so often.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Movies Page
1. Finally Sep 28, 2007, 13:38 Bet

Had to download a torrent of these a few years ago to be able to watch them when I felt like it. That's one of my most prized pieces of data too, backed up several times just in case. Cannot lose the cutscenes!

Seth orders you to attack the Pentagon, but not before... = when my love for Kane bloomed. C&C just isn't C&C without Joe Kucan.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Halo 3 170'000'000 sales in 1 day Sep 27, 2007, 20:18 Bet

Cause man the singleplayer campaign BLOWS when compared to Bioshock. Especially considering it can be completed in an afternoon, without even trying.

Multiplayer is where Halo's popularity stems from. And why Bioshock presumably didn't get more love.

News Comments > Sam & Max Season 2 Details
5. Round 2 Sep 26, 2007, 22:33 Bet

The name of the first episode has me really wanting the new season to start all of a sudden. Mostly to see the ice station and what Max can do to things in said ice station.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Sony shrugs off rumors of 299 PS3 Sep 26, 2007, 20:39 Bet

To suggest the PS3 has no games worth playing is just plain ignorant.

The games you listed that aren't exclusives are better played on other systems. And the exclusives aren't great

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Halo 3 Sep 26, 2007, 18:18 Bet

You're not playing with Gamer Fuel are you? The game rocks when you are drinking red carbonated soda, proof is shown in the commercial MS made that showed everyone not drinking the soda having a terrible time and the person drinking the soda was loving every minute.

So buy some soda!

This works for World in Conflict, I can attest to that.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Do Not Call listings to expire in 20 Sep 21, 2007, 18:31 Bet

Yeah, the list has been pretty brutally effective at reducing the calls to this household.

News Comments > Pacific Storm Allies in November
2. Re: ??? Sep 21, 2007, 09:45 Bet

Apparently it adds new nations, new aircraft and ships, a diplomacy system and an updated graphics engine. At least if you believe the press release.

News Comments > Ship Simulator 2008 to North America
9. Re: Sweet Sep 20, 2007, 17:17 Bet

You guys are brutal

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - World in Conflict
21. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2007, 21:19 Bet

Good for Massive Ent. They've been trying to make games that aren't cookie cutter for quite a few years. Looks like they finally got it right.

Ground Control got it right! Except for that whole no-save thing that still enrages me when I go back to the single player. One mission in particular, really.

World in Conflict is just much, much more right

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - World in Conflict
12. Preordered Sep 19, 2007, 14:09 Bet

Last year I preordered Company of Heroes and this year it was World in Conflict. Considering I rarely preorder any game, this says a lot about the both of them. Looking forward to seeing if I get the 600+ hours of gameplay out of WiC like I did with CoH.

Gotta say that my favorite thing about WiC is the in-progress server join. The amount of time blown just getting a game together in Company of Heroes has to add up to 80 hours of that 600+.

This collector's edition is amusing. Combined with the 2 episodes of cold war-themed Modern Marvels and a chunk of the Berlin Wall all put together in a USSR/USA flag 2-piece box, these guys went all out on the theme. Digging it more than the Bioshock CE, for some reason.

Time to install it!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2007, 19:44 Bet

That's really sad news. I always really enjoyed watching him race in the Rally World Championships

I was hoping he'd come back next year too, damn it. I always hoped he'd come back full time, but this next year seemed the one it would be, with Marcus Gronholm retiring and the other greats of the day having already given up their WRC endeavors.

Next year is going to be the year of uncontested Loeb

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: ... Sep 16, 2007, 17:49 Bet

And more agonizing the wait now.

News Comments > Stranglehold Demo
13. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2007, 16:06 Bet

it'll never be as good as the Max Payne games.

The sad, simple truth. Sucks because I love Woo, and especially Chow Yun Fat.

Watching HD video from this is boring as hell, but I'll still go into it with an open mind.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo