Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Jericho Available on GameTap
4. Re: No subject Oct 23, 2007, 18:59 Bet

So some games are un-patched.

Hell, I hadn't noticed this, but I hadn't looked too closely. Is there a list or something? I play some games I already own on GameTap just for someone to know I'm playing them (Planescape Torment sequel please).

Would like to know which ones I should be playing my own version of.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gold - Clive Barker's Jericho
1. GameTap Oct 23, 2007, 11:08 Bet

Apparently it's already available to play on GameTap, downloading it as I type this. Wouldn't have thought to check if this story hadn't popped up, thanks Blue!

Should be done downloading within the hour, looking forward to seeing if the action is at least as compelling as Undying was. No way that it'll match the atmosphere of that game, but that's just the way of things.

News Comments > Gaming Your Job?
3. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2007, 15:11 Bet

Didn't we see this a few months ago?

It's definitely a familiar story.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: This isn't new? Oct 21, 2007, 15:03 Bet

By the way, Valve needs to stop lying and learn how to add. In that Steam news annoucement it states "For even greater savings, check out the X2/X3 Pack. Get X3: The Threat and X3: Reunion together for one low price." Yet, not only is the X2/X3 Pack price NOT less than the sale price of X2 and X3 a la carte on Steam, it is actually 5 cents cheaper to purchase the two games separately than to get the pack.

Huh. Something DID seem off about that combo deal in relation to getting them separately. Or rather, there didn't seem to be any advantage to getting the bundle. It's plain surprising that you're actually penalized for it, even if only for 5 cents.

News Comments > Gold - Windows Gears of War
45. Re: No subject Oct 19, 2007, 19:10 Bet

Then your post just simply doesn't make sense. Why would this game be be exclusive to XP when Vista has been around for a year now?

Seems he was making a joke about Vista exclusives alienating the majority of players? Thus excluding them. I didn't get it either, but it's plausible.

News Comments > BioShock Deactivation Tool
45. Re: zirik Oct 14, 2007, 06:47 Bet

Quake Wars comes with no copy protection at all, that's the way I like it. World in Conflict makes me download a no-cd crack though....

Fortunately for World in Conflict online play there's a separate executable that doesn't require the CD, an old yet good method. One that I'm thankful for, considering some alternatives...

News Comments > World in Conflict Broadcast Tool Monday
3. Re: Bravo! Oct 12, 2007, 12:20 Bet

Considering dual-monitor support requires DX10 and is the only non-eyecandy feature in the game that does, it doesn't surprise me that another way to output video requires it as well.

When I get a DX10 vidcard, WiC is one of the games I'm installing Vista for. I want my second monitor in the game as well damn it!

News Comments > Kane & Lynch Multiplayer Details
9. Io Interactive... Oct 12, 2007, 08:01 Bet

I love them. So much. This is going to be an amazing outing for their first internet-multiplayer game.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Demo Specs
9. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2007, 19:23 Bet

When you provide a Multi-player demonstration of the game then you run the risk of people not buying it for one of many reasons such as...

Why buy it when I can play this demo? This is good enough.

This map is terrible, if this is representative of the game then I'm not buying it.

Those two example reasons are not multiplayer-exclusive, strangely enough. The latter can just as easily be applied to single-player games, although the former I've only ever seen applied to puzzle games.

The most amusing example of a bad map in a single player demo would have to be Deus Ex. The most common complaint I've ever heard about the game is the Liberty Island mission, which just happens to be the first mission of the game as well as the entire demo. I love the thing, but wow a lot of people don't.

And a lot of people just hate it because they played through it several times before the game hit retail, and they just plain got sick of it although they loved the rest of the game.

If a game is good, a bad multiplayer map will not prevent the good gameplay elements from shining through. It always seems a sign of weakness when there ISN'T a multiplayer demo for a majorly multiplayer game. Call of Duty falls into that category, considering CoD 1 and 2 are both in the Xfire Top 10 played games.

I'm still expecting this to be a multiplayer demo, or for there to be a multiplayer demo following this one if it leaves it out.

News Comments > Wednesday Game Reviews
2. Re: Opposing Fronts Oct 10, 2007, 14:54 Bet

Company of Heroes always hated routers. OF seems to hate them more. Some more than others. Some MUCH more than others.

News Comments > Soldier of Fortune: Payback Announced
2. Whoa Oct 9, 2007, 14:08 Bet

Next month? That's a quick release following the official unveiling.

Please be as violent, please be as violent

News Comments > World in Conflict Patches
13. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2007, 22:56 Bet

living in the Seattle area the game takes a lot of liberties with places and features that are not even there, yes not a big deal but it some how bothered me especially in the cut scenes.

Enjoy the campy and probably-unintentionally amusing atmosphere instead. I find that screaming 'WOLVERINES!' at random times helps.

Also play multiplayer! Tends to be the gold of the game when you get a good team. Or find something fun to do even if your team is terrible.

10. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2007, 18:26 Bet

I didn't even bother with the singleplayer until a couple weeks after purchasing it. After 24 hours of multiplayer I finally remembered to play it, hah. Enjoyed the story a lot more than Company of Heroes, very Red Dawn-ish. Terrible, but in that practically intentional kind of way.

It's amusing to hear people on your team making fun of the story over voice comm while you're just getting into the first minute of a new map.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2007, 15:05 Bet

just give me Kane and Lynch!

The only consolation I have about the November 20 release date is the assurance that I will have a new videocard in time to greet it properly. Io Interactive games are so hard to wait for...argh.

5. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2007, 12:49 Bet

Is this the patch that allows me to get past the point where I have to call the nuke down on Bannon but the nuke never actually launches no matter how many times I click on it and then the spot?

I got a bug like that once in multiplayer, it was weird. According to the stats I've launched 35 nukes, and of them all that was the only launch I had issue with. Had the TA and was able to target, but the thing just didn't want to fly.

It went through eventually, but I only wiped out 1 player instead of 3 or 4

That said, I've launched a triple-nuke strike now a few times. Fortunately they went through without a hitch! For 180 TA they had better, damn it. Usually by that point there's only a minute left in the game...

News Comments > XIII Century: Death or Glory Website
5. Re: Ugh Oct 6, 2007, 00:20 Bet

Oh haha. I'm used to people insulting the game, my bad. Every time I see this title, David Duchovny pops into my head. Imagine that.

News Comments > Gold - Alpha Prime
12. Re: Matrox TripleHead2Go Oct 6, 2007, 00:05 Bet

wow support for a non-nvidia non-ati card is listed as a feature. heh.

Heh. TripleHead2Go is not a card, it's an external module that splits video FROM an Nvidia/ATI card to 3 monitors for surround gaming.

kegetys also made a software version in all his infinite programming wisdom., and called it SoftTH. That guy is a genius.

There's an entire section on Surround Gaming at the Widescreen Gaming Forum if you're interested in learning about what it is.

News Comments > The Orange Box Midnight Madness
3. Re: Er... Oct 5, 2007, 23:10 Bet

Or am I just mixing up the terminology and they are referring to the early morning (like 12:01 AM) of Wednesday.

As soon as it hits midnight, it is the new day. That means there is only one midnight on the 10th of October, and that is the minute after 11:59PM of October 9. Relax!

News Comments > XIII Century: Death or Glory Website
2. Re: Ugh Oct 5, 2007, 15:43 Bet

What would be wrong with that!

News Comments > Gold - Alpha Prime
4. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2007, 12:21 Bet

On the verge of dropping 2 tokens on this through Stardock's TotalGaming. I heard good things about this, so spending $12 worth of tokens on this seems a worthy gamble.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo