Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Close Combat: Modern Tactics
2. Re: Blast from the past Nov 15, 2007, 14:22 Bet

Holy crap, I was waiting MONTHS for Matrix to finish up with the legal crap so they could release Close Combat: Cross of Iron last year. And this is the first I'm hearing of them putting out the military adaptation version? What the hell man.

I always wondered what the USMC version was like. And now I get to find out. Hell yes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mad Catz Nabs Saitek
7. Re: Mad Catz Nov 15, 2007, 00:22 Bet

Second that. I don't see anything good coming out of this. But then again, they could revert back to the classic black X36 style (I still have mine!) instead of that T2-reject X-52 monstrosity they call a joystick.

Check out the X52 Pro. Picked one up myself earlier this year, black styling, high precision HOTAS setup. Great stick.

News Comments > Pre-Purchase Shadowgrounds Survivor, Get Shadowgrounds Free
3. Re: No subject Nov 10, 2007, 15:37 Bet

ANd does anyone know if Shadowgrounds supports WS? IF so I will buy both right now for killer price

It's Horizontal+ through a .ini edit, which is easy as pie. The sequel will either have it in without requiring the .ini edit, or at the least it will still have this same trick available. Shadowgrounds was one of the first ones I played with my widescreen monitor, and it rocked

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4331

News Comments > Gold - Shadowgrounds Survivor
10. Re: Awww crap Nov 8, 2007, 23:30 Bet

right, id also be on this quickly... if it had coop.

The first one had co-op, on the same computer. Have they taken that feature out of the sequel?

News Comments > Gold - Shadowgrounds Survivor
5. Good gaming times Nov 8, 2007, 16:06 Bet

With all the Orange Box excitement I forgot about this game, which is weird because I preordered it the day it became available through Stardock.

Played the hell out of the first one with my new widescreen LCD in December last year. Looking forward to seeing how well the sequel fares in adding new elements while hopefully retaining all the good things from the first game.

Here's to hoping the Mech combat rocks

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Gears of War
15. Re: Live long and prosper? Nov 7, 2007, 01:04 Bet

Just got the ring of death on my 360.. Long life? pffft! It might run cool games but it's still a crappy build, and noisy too.

Build a PC with quality parts and some quiet fans, then get PC Gears of War. Problem solved for this thread.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2007, 17:03 Bet

Now I want to surprise a guy into drowning in Crysis like in that video.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: PS3 Folding Nov 3, 2007, 08:21 Bet

Watch, once (if) games start coming out for PS3 those folding numbers will drop.

You can already consider them dropped, at least from the stats reported in that article. The author said 670,000 PS3s have taken part, but the stats directly from Stanford say only 306,000 have ever taken part, with barely more than 1/8 of those still active. It's a shame, really.

Lots of brute force power in those millions of PS3s that are doing nothing. Too bad PS3 users don't care to share it in the effort to kill cancer.

We really need a 360 client so the pathetic console wars can do some good for humanity for a change, forcing users that believe their console is the best to put their idle time where their mouth is. Even if it's to finish the Stanford project in under a year and tell us that cancer is an attack from a parallel universe.

News Comments > TF2, Portal, and Steam Patches
22. Re: Bah! Nov 1, 2007, 20:42 Bet

It is VERY exciting to be a medic.

My 75 hours as a medic agrees with you.

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Patch
2. Re: copy protection Nov 1, 2007, 16:26 Bet

Doesn't require the CD in the drive. Not sure about the internet connection since the only reason I load it up is to play multiplayer. Kind of obligatory internet connection for that purpose.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Command & Conquer Saga
7. Re: Old games new machines? Nov 1, 2007, 15:03 Bet

Considering that the servers have been shut down for a long time now, there isn't much point in including it.

That's a good point. I was going to make an 'EA doesn't care about these C&C compilations beyond the money they make' joke about them not wanting to put forth the effort to properly update these games, but it's getting old. And I actually enjoyed The First Decade. Having all these games minus C&C3 was fun to buy.

It would have taken them properly updating these games to WinXP/Vista compatibility to even begin to sell a second compilation in as many years to me though. Maybe next year when they bundle the C&C3 expansion!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Command & Conquer Saga
2. Re: Old games new machines? Nov 1, 2007, 12:18 Bet

They use C&C Gold for the first game, which is a Win95 game. And there was a Win95 version for Red Alert as well.

They left out Sole Survivor again. Not that anyone would probably want to play it, but still

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. RPS + Wolpaw Oct 31, 2007, 14:11 Bet

This was a great interview. It needed to never end.

News Comments > Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific - U-Boat Missions
2. Re: Hmmm... Oct 31, 2007, 14:10 Bet

Oh man, oh man oh man. This will be excellent if they can fix up the major issues people still have with the game. That last patch that came out surprised me since it indicated that work was still being done with the game, so this shouldn't be as much of a surprise as it is.

But still, color me surprised.

News Comments > The Witcher at the Gate
25. Re: No subject Oct 30, 2007, 18:11 Bet

I read that it doesn't keep anything in memory, including the map. As soon as you close something, it dumps it from memory. Enter a tiny one room hut and it dumps the world from memory.

Yeah shitty memory management.

That's why I quit playing the PC version of the Bard's Tale remake before making it out of the first city. That shit was intolerable.

If it's true about The Witcher, a PC-only game...ugh. Ugh. Bard's Tale at least had the (weak) excuse of being a console port and so programmers were lazy in taking advantage of the increased memory available.

News Comments > Hornet Leader Demo & Patch
4. Re: No subject Oct 30, 2007, 13:16 Bet

That's weird, I was going to post a link to that myself. Mostly because my style of flight game is IL-2/Lock On/Falcon 4, but there is definite merit to this sort of game and the review reflected that.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: 8800GT Oct 28, 2007, 18:24 Bet

9800? No? Goodbye.

It really shouldn't even have been named like it is. Last year's refresh of the 7800 series went to 7900. 8800GT really should have been 8900GT with the performance it has. This is a confusing, stupid naming move...but I'm still grabbing one. Names are not what have the power!

8800GT, please replace this overclocked 7900GT in my system, thanks. Also bring that copy of ET:QW with you. eVGA better have bundled it in the box like they did Hitman Blood Money with the 7900 last summer.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2007, 14:15 Bet

Prince is a douchebag.

As is the woman that's 'defending herself'. Either she's horribly misrepresented in the article, or she's as much of an attention whore as Prince himself. They're a good match.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2007, 11:54 Bet

Homeworld was the first, and probably only game manual I'd ever urged people to read as if I was recommending a good book. And Fallout was simply the best.

Fortunately series like Combat Mission and Hearts of Iron are still providing deep manuals. When Paradox Interactive cuts their manuals, then we're in trouble.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Painkiller: Overdose
6. Re: ... Oct 23, 2007, 19:16 Bet

They've completely lost all the character of the original and the graphics actually look worse to me... it's a complete joke that they're charging full retail price for it. Avoid.

Brings to mind Gunman Chronicles. The HL1 mod-turned-retail game that was generally very poorly viewed as a retail product. Would have been a great mod! Just wasn't worth very much money.

What are the developers of Painkiller doing these days now that Epic has claimed them? Not that I have anything against Mindware, it's just that the geniuses at People Can Fly that made Painkiller and BooH have some talent and I want to buy their next product. I would have paid full retail for their Painkiller followup, definitely.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo