Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches
14. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 12:42 Bet

Prez wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 12:18:
Elessar wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 12:15:
nin wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 10:58:
Wow!

Is this a high-res thief 2 shot? If so, I may have to get onboard with this.

This is why I love PC gaming. How awesome is this?
I feel a little lightheaded, that hallway looks almost photorealistic. Never dreamed of this day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2012, 16:48 Bet

xkcd - NOT ONE STEP BACKWARD *dies spectacularly*  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 22, 2012, 06:58 Bet

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 20:48:
Looks like Brad needs to pay some lawyer fees.
Or they're cashing in before the self-destruct button at Stardock HQ is pressed.

News Comments > Steam EU Legal Conflict
16. Re: Steam EU Legal Conflict Sep 21, 2012, 12:57 Bet

Further, the privileges created by the first sale principle do not "extend to any person who has acquired possession of the copy or phonorecord from the copyright owner, by rental, lease, loan, or otherwise, without acquiring ownership of it." See 17 U.S.C. 109(d). Most computer software is distributed through the use of licensing agreements. Under this distribution system, the copyright holder remains the "owner" of all distributed copies. For this reason, alleged infringers should not be able to establish that any copies of these works have been the subject of a first sale.

Steam is between a rock and a hard place. Everyone knows we don't 'own' the games due to all previous EULAs we've agreed to. People here would be the first to state that we effectively 'rent' the games on Steam.

The stickier issue is that until the Supreme Court weighs in on the most recent case, the only games on Steam that could be resold in Germany, are games made in Germany (Gothic, Risen, etc). The rest are barred from being resold without violating copyright by any standard.

Very problematic situation brewing here.

There was also a Texas court that passed a completely opposite judgment than the one passed in Germany, about a week after. So at this point it's a US copyright attitude (which goes all the way up both political party ladders to the highest people in our government), vs sensible EU judicial judgement. We've got ourselves an international trade dispute.

Steam executives must be having migraines over this.

News Comments > Kickstarter Policy Changes
1. Re: Kickstarter Policy Changes Sep 21, 2012, 11:07 Bet

So if they ever applied this to game Kickstarters (which they don't), the 'risks and challenges' section is supposed to be the equivalent of Gamasutra's Postmortems of games (What went Right/What went Wrong). If we're being accurate anyway. Now Kickstarter game designers will need a psychic on their team to provide the clairvoyance necessary!

Edit: Clarification

News Comments > Broken Sword Interview - Beneath a Steel Sky Sequel May Follow
2. Re: Broken Sword Interview - Beneath a Steel Sky Sequel May Follow Sep 19, 2012, 19:24 Bet

vrok wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 13:44:
Hell yeah.
Quoted times a million.

Aw hell it's only if they hit a million on this kickstarter? Not going to happen

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2012, 19:32.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 19, 2012, 12:03 Bet

Does banning the video reward violence?
Yep!

25. Re: Warp Sep 19, 2012, 06:11 Bet

So warp theory basically went from 'we would need a trillion dollars and the co-operation of every country on the planet' to 'anyone got a tenner?'  

News Comments > BioWare Founders Retire
39. Re: BioWare Founders Retire Sep 19, 2012, 05:30 Bet

Julio wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 05:13:
Trevellian wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 00:46:
I wouldn't be surprised if in an attempt to get back to their roots they head over to Oblivion to work on their Project Eternity kickstarter.

Please don't taint Project Eternity with anyone who worked on DA2. I doubt the project eternity backer community wants DA2.5.
Tim Cain would hold the crucifix while Chris Avellone recited the phrases that set the offending devs on fire if they come on Obsidian property, no worries. With Feargus as backup.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Beta Plans
3. Re: Steam Hardware Beta Plans Sep 19, 2012, 05:23 Bet

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 21:13:
Pffffffftttt! If it's valve time we're talking about here it'll be sometime next decade. Screw this crap I just want HL3! Whatever! I do what I want!
A decade is fine, if you think about it. Consider it as futureproofing your Steam library for when humanity finally goes completely insane and we're existing off handheld devices. There will exist...a Steam time portal.

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle 6
9. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 19, 2012, 05:10 Bet

SPaZ, Torchlight and Shatter! hell of a good bundle.

Shatter has one of the best soundtracks you could ask for, thanks to m0dule.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Sep 18, 2012, 13:10 Bet

Sounds like what Gangsters promised us more than a decade ago, done properly this time.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2012, 16:26 Bet

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 14:23:
NegaDeath wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 12:57:
Does my flip phone count as a super phone?

I only charge it once every 1.5 weeks, that's pretty super.

If I used my Android continuously, I'd have to charge it once every 1.5 hours.

Creston
One day you'll have an internal battery that conductively recharges your devices as long as they're near your body.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Wireless Electricity Sep 16, 2012, 06:41 Bet

Nikola Tesla is...pleased.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 14, 2012, 04:27 Bet

Seems like the artists went suitably above normal standards for the sequel. Pretty cool.  

News Comments > Take On Helicopters Patch Integrates Arma 2 Content
2. Re: Take On Helicopters Patch Integrates Arma 2 Content Sep 14, 2012, 04:11 Bet

Helicopters merged from previous games do not have the advanced Take On Helicopters flight model applied to them, and rather fly using the flight models found in the games they originated in.

Still, this is pretty cool. Someone must have been working on this in their spare time just because they could.

I wonder if the ACE mod which enhances flight HUDs and everything else Arma-related can work with ToH now...

News Comments > Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow
14. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 9, 2012, 22:28 Bet

RailWizard wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 21:38:
There is nothing special about Valve. They are merely next in line for the deserved hatred of their customer base.

Though it does suck for those of us with sizable libraries within their cloud....

edit: for all the fanbois, yep I'm crazy, I'm a moron, you should not listen to me, etc, etc....

Are you really that hateful?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2012, 22:56 Bet

Cutter wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 17:19:
Just be passive aggressive with some backhanded compliments. 'Oh wow, what an interesting way to do your meat. Myself, I prefer to do it good, you know, like a real cook, but that's just me.'
Sounds perfectly friendly to me!

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
109. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 06:02 Bet

shihonage wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 05:15:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 00:59:
Brad Wardell is a complete cuntsack. He was already on my dickhead radar due to his outspoken conservative views - including Stardock's boycott of UPS after it withdrew advertising with Fox News - but now he's taken things too far. I won't be buying any more Stardock products.

What an asshole.

Political affiliations and associated kneejerk reactions aside... actually, his unhinging may have started a few years ago when he in fact got on Celexa, which was around October 2007, to control his anger problems, by his own admittance.
Considering he's threatened to disband the company over this, it would appear that medication isn't working for his anger problems...

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
90. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 21:08 Bet

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 15:20:
Beelzebud wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 15:09:
Have a look at this delicious forum thread where Wardell decides to set the record straight. This guy is a few beers short of a 6-pack. I'll bet his lawyers love him right about now.

When you find yourself in a hole: STOP DIGGING

He just keeps digging that hole deeper. The one commenter on there is right, his lawyers are going to kill him for publicly discussing his ongoing case on an open forum.
Good lord. That thread is unbelievable.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo