Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > War in the Pacific to Expand
1. Good LORD Dec 8, 2007, 00:22 Bet

Expanding the most comprehensive strategy game covering the Pacific war? Are you kidding? I was already scared to death of it. Putting Hearts of Iron to shame as far as complexity goes is no easy feat.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance Patch
1. Hah Dec 8, 2007, 00:17 Bet

My response to this news entry is exactly the second post on the GPG forums thread linked here, "isn't this old news?" And the response to anyone to me would be the 3rd post, "I think it's just being posted here so that it's a little easier to find... or something.".

How convenient!

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Music Q&A
1. Jesper Kyd Dec 5, 2007, 16:28 Bet

Interesting interview. Had no idea Jesper Kyd had done over an hour of the music for UT3. Probably because I turned it almost all the way down, heh. That guy has so much raw talent it's scary. The only game soundtracks I own are the Hitman ones because of it.

Well, that and the Myth series soundtrack that came with the Total Codex. But I didn't go out of my way to pay for that.

News Comments > Theatre of War Movie
2. Re: No subject Dec 5, 2007, 16:22 Bet

Looking like a good patch. Haven't played it in a few months, but am looking forward to resuming mastering it as soon as this patch hits. MP vs AI sounds nice.

Also nice that they're tweaking the air support. Since it's the IL-2 engine, having anything-but-awesome air to ground support is not an option!

News Comments > BioShock Patch
7. Re: No subject Dec 4, 2007, 10:31 Bet

edit: Does it hoze save games?

nin, savegames look intact to me, they loaded and played fine. I'm probably going to restart anyway. After 3 months, my brain is pretty much out of Rapture, emotionally and memorably.

Um the widescreen mod came out within 4 or 5 days of the games release.

Used the hack pretty much the entire time I played, but it got annoying past the point where I forgot to start it up after the 3rd or 4th time I'd loaded into the game. Kind of breaks the immersion to have to alt-tab and fix it. And this is a game all about immersion, so that's why it's nice to have it finally be a native menu toggle.

Ridiculous how much bloody faster this game is on an 8800GT compared to an overclocked 7900GT. Freaking awesome though.

News Comments > BioShock Patch
5. Widescreen Dec 4, 2007, 10:10 Bet

Well hell yeah proper widescreen support! And the update already came down the Steam pipe, nice. Makes me glad I didn't finish up the game as soon as installing an 8800GT a month ago after my September low-framerate intermission.

News Comments > Activision & Blizzard Merge
4. Was a matter of time Dec 2, 2007, 16:16 Bet

Was wondering what was going to be done with all that WoW money. Now we know, at least partly.

News Comments > Kane's Wrath Movie
4. Single vs multi Nov 28, 2007, 19:25 Bet

Can't stand C&C 3 for multiplayer, which is unfortunate, but the singleplayer and pretty good graphics did make the game fun. And Kane is the man, so I'll enjoy the expansion for the same reason. Whoo Kane! KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!

News Comments > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific Patch
5. Re: Excellent timing Nov 27, 2007, 18:42 Bet

Oops. I haven't played since patch 1.2, that may explain my confusion.

And my happiness. I haven't played since 1.1 haha. Seems the reason I haven't been messing around was that the manual aiming sucked compared to Silent Hunter 3, and that I didn't want to bother with the bloody disc. At least one annoyance is gone for sure!

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 18:45.

News Comments > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific Patch
1. Excellent timing Nov 27, 2007, 16:00 Bet

Just when I finally got back around to Silent Hunter to try out on the new videocard. Awesome.

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Demo
4. Re: No subject Nov 24, 2007, 22:31 Bet

There was a patch that was almost as big. That's just how they roll. The patch added the new Opposing Fronts factions to vanilla COH so you could play vs them online.

Bingo. That's the size of the Opposing Fronts content. Textures, sounds, it all adds up to 2 gigs. That was one hell of a patch for base Company of Heroes. I sure as hell didn't complain though, being able to fight 2 new armies on the new multiplayer maps for free.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Game Reviews
6. Re: Hooked Gamers Crysis review Nov 24, 2007, 01:24 Bet

SOF payback 0% worst PC FPS ever period!

If anyone wants this turd give me your address will send it free of charge.

Hahahaha.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Patch Plans
9. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 18:58 Bet

something that is disconcerting is the amount of people playing UT3 online. It's not nearly as much as when even UT2k4 came out at this point in time.

Hell, I know guys that are in a UT CLAN with me that don't have their copies yet, simply because no stores around them have copies for sale. Hell, I was lucky that my Best Buy had copies. Wasn't even on the shelf yet at 1PM on Tuesday, an employee had to go root through the warehouse and brought back a copy of the CE which I grabbed immediately, even though I could care less about the bonus DVD and metal case.

There's just something funny about the fact that more than half of the guys I play UT competitively with can't get copies locally yet in various parts of North America. Yay Thanksgiving. Even affected Canada!

Warfare mode kicks all sorts of ass, fortunately. Nice update to Onslaught.

News Comments > Dead Rising PC and Lost Planet Add-on Plans?
27. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 09:41 Bet

you and me both. Unfortunately I don't think I can hold out. The game looks too good.

I too would like an earlier-than-normal Bioware announcement of a PC port. And that typical-for-Mass Effect awesome commercial they keep showing doesn't help.

But you know what did help? That stupid, STUPID 30 minute special that the Sci Fi channel ran for the game. I don't think my excitement for a game has ever killed more. Still want it, of course. But now I can wait the year or two it takes for the port. Long enough to forget that...special.

Dead Rising was one of the games I was going to get if I ever had the time for 360 games. Here's hoping for a good port.

News Comments > Crysis Benchmark
9. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2007, 23:06 Bet

Your system is a fair mirror of mine (gotta love that 8800GT), and I agree that it runs great at that resolution. Since I actually prefer Shaders on medium, I get 60FPS pretty much constant so I started in on the config edits to get the Vista effects in XP.

Guess we're a couple of the lucky ones with budget gaming PCs that runs Crysis great, heh.

News Comments > New Gas Powered Game
8. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2007, 18:52 Bet

So what happened to "Space Siege"? Is Chris not making it?

That's mentioned in the link Blue provided, and it seems GPG is still making it. Not that I have any idea what it is, because I'm more interested in the SupCom bits he talks about.

Speaking of which, just got done playing 4 hours of SupCom. Cannot get enough of the game. Especially now that I have a videocard that isn't holding back my Core 2 in the game. Hell yeah 8800GT.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Marathon 2 Postmortem Nov 21, 2007, 20:36 Bet

What a great feature, satisfies my nerd curiosity for ports of old games, as well as providing nostalgia since the Marathon series if one of my favorites. Ends with a bang though - $300,000 development budget to port the game to the 360? Wow, wow.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Unreal Tournament 3
36. Re: No subject Nov 19, 2007, 16:41 Bet

“Conquest” mode which ended up being “Warfare” was suppose to have much more depth of play “...a mix of [Unreal 2's] XMP, assault, and onslaught." Remember how they were talking about having maps so large that they would be more like a campaign spanning the distance of three or so normal sized maps?

You'll be happy to know that this is still in the game.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Movie
2. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2007, 13:06 Bet

I think I've played Beta 4 every day for the last week. Sometimes for 4 hours at a time, it's exhausting. But so awesome.

Neat that you can download the high res video from Gamespot even without a paid account. Was expecting it to be a low res one only.

News Comments > Help Wanted
2. Re: No subject Nov 15, 2007, 15:26 Bet

We could only hope they still think about the patch.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo