Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Galactic Command Echo Squad SE
9. Re: ... Mar 7, 2008, 18:52 Bet

Just drop the garish graphics.

In all fairness, the game does look a lot better in motion. The screenshots dsmart posted a link to look worse than the game I saw in motion from the Fileplanet demo. Which seems to have expired recently. I knew I shouldn't have been playing so much Company of Heroes in lieu of every other game...

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 18:54.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Europa Universalis III: In Nomine Announced
1. EU3 Mar 6, 2008, 17:15 Bet

Currently rampaging through Asia in a multiplayer game of EU3 Napoleon's Ambition, after having started as Sweden. Scandinavia is unified, and every time I go to war I gain another 2,000 manpower to fuel my armies. Take 10 years to recuperate and put down rebellions, then it's off to war again.

Love seeing an empire grow like this. Addiction to territory.

News Comments > Crime City Demo
2. Aw Mar 6, 2008, 03:22 Bet

For a middle-of-the-night-second I thought this was a post about Crime Cities. That was a fun game, although not an award winner by any means. Was hoping this was an update

Maybe time to replay Crime Cities. Was getting the urge for flying car action anyway. I'm probably one of the only people that remembers Crime Cities, let alone still enjoys the thought of it.

News Comments > Subs Ahoy - Silent Hunter 4: U-Boat Missions
1. Price Mar 1, 2008, 18:39 Bet

For $10 I don't see why not. Definitely get at least an hour's entertainment out of it. Surprised it's so inexpensive on D2D, but I won't question it.

News Comments > Perpetual/P2 Closed?
11. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2008, 16:12 Bet

I knew somebody that worked for them for a while and he said they were TERRIBLE to work for. He got a job up in Vancouver working for Relic doing concept art, so I'm sure he's pleased as punch.

Has he mentioned any Russian tanks or aircraft that he's done concept art for?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Frontlines: Fuel of War
14. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2008, 15:36 Bet

Are they aware of the vast amount of open world war games on the PC? These press releases are laughable.....just make shit up and give it to the media....

Maybe they'll try to prove it with a demo. Maybe.

News Comments > Portal 2 Revealed
61. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2008, 16:03 Bet

I'd say HL is definitely at risk of milkage:

HL, HL: Opposing Forces, HL: Blue Shift, HL2, HL2: Ep1, HL2: Ep2, HL2: Ep3, most likely HL3 eventually.

HL2 episodes count by themselves? Added together they won't even have the length as HL1. Portal has to be one of the shortest games in the history of video cards as much of a following as it has, and it still took 2 years to develop.

HL3 at this rate won't hit until 2020. Wonder how many people in the world played Episode 2 last fall that weren't even alive when Half-Life 1 came out...

News Comments > Portal 2 Revealed
56. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2008, 15:24 Bet

Valve has found their next cash cow.Let the over milking commence.

No risk of that. You would need frequent releases to be at any risk of over-milking. Valve releases are infrequent at best. The releases are short as well, so they're infrequent AND relaxed. Happy cows.

No...these games are definitely safe as far as over milking goes.

News Comments > Intel Acquires Offset Software
6. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2008, 11:21 Bet

I'm glad they got backing but at the same time whenever a company does this they end up having to answer to some suit whose only concern is the bottom line.

Intel has crazy deep pockets at the moment thanks to regaining so many gamers with the Core 2 series. If the bottom line here is 'RELEASE THE GAME and here have some money to help finish it' then I wouldn't be disappointed. It took my eyes scanning over the headlines for my brain to pull out 'Project Offset' from memory.

News Comments > Orb Bringing Console Games to PCs
26. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2008, 11:14 Bet

So when will they have games that we actually want to play?

The Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, and Titan Quest series don't qualify as games people want to play?

Not that I'm touching this service with a 10 foot pole.

News Comments > Molyneux: PC Gaming "Huge Tragedy"
19. Re: haha! Feb 20, 2008, 15:21 Bet

Coming from the man that pooped out Black and White 2 ...this means nothing!

I need to get around to playing that one of these years. I keep thinking 'next month, I'll play it NEXT MONTH' and then it never happens. Never got more than 3 missions into Black & White 1, come to think of it.

Finally got around to playing Fable in December and it wasn't bad, but The Witcher was vastly superior. Fable felt like training for The Witcher, strangely enough.

News Comments > Epic on MS Buyout Rumors: Only One Billion?
41. Re: No subject Feb 19, 2008, 17:39 Bet

When was the last time you some a tv ad or an ad in the theatre for a game that was PC exclusive? That's right you probably never have.

Hell, I didn't even know they were showing ads for games at all in theaters now. Haven't burned money on that style of shitty movie experience since 2001 thanks to having a superior home theater system. Good to know how mainstream it's getting. Helps explain why game quality is going down.

Did UT3 have a theater ad? That would explain some things. Severely regretting purchasing the Collector's Edition the day it came out. Sigh.

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Tech Demo Movie
6. Re: No subject Feb 17, 2008, 20:21 Bet

I just felt like posting this (typical) GameTrailers user comment. Doing my part to spread brain AIDS and all...

Oh god, if this ever starts up on Blues I'll have to stop reading the comments here too. Kotaku/Joystick comments make my IQ go down as I read them. Makes me ashamed to be a gamer.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Witcher Sales Feb 15, 2008, 01:34 Bet

That was a misunderstanding of the figure. It had shipped a million. Was wondering how far along the 'sold' line it was, and now we know apparently.

More copies must sell! MORE!

News Comments > Aliens & Red Faction Subtitled, Aliens to PCs?
8. Re: No subject Feb 14, 2008, 01:25 Bet

I'll take "Red Faction: Where The Fuck Is FreeSpace 3 Or A Generic Titled 3D Space Shooter Equivalent" please.

Make that two orders, thanks.

News Comments > Sam & Max: Night of the Raving Dead Demo
6. Re: They should really stop making demos Feb 13, 2008, 17:41 Bet

They're giving away the Abe Lincoln episode from Season 1 on GameTap, so they're not new to the practice. I haven't seen a free episode for this season.

You should probably take a look at the timeline involved. Abe Lincoln Must Die wasn't given away until 3 days before Season 2's premiere episode.

Considering the game mechanics are overwhelmingly identical between Season 1 and 2, these short demos are really all you need to determine if you're interested in the episode or if you want to change the channel, so to speak. Once you've played the free Season 1 episode you know what an entire episode plays out like from Season 1 or 2, more or less.

News Comments > PC Mass Effect in May
61. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2008, 17:13 Bet

High resolution textures I'm sure will be nice...but I doubt the texture popping will go away. Bioshock and Gears of War for PC had texture pop-in. I think it's just a problem with Unreal Engine 3.

Well that's a relief, I barely even noticed textures loading late in either Bioshock or GoW even when I was running on my 7900GT. With this 8800GT, guessing that Mass Effect will be similar.

UT3 still suffers the 'worst' texture problems on my system, and that's just the one-time map-load mega texture application that's over in seconds and stays over for the entire map. Pushing their own engine to the limit, but the texture load just makes my jaw drop when it's finished. UT3 is too pretty to do anything but gawk at. Gotta turn things down just so your eyes aren't saturated by colors and you can actually shoot at people.

News Comments > Sam & Max Season Two: Episode 3 on GameTap
2. Re: already? Feb 12, 2008, 17:05 Bet

K, are new episodes coming out hourly or something?

One a month, like they planned on. They stick to their schedule or best it. Episodic gaming how it should be.

April 10th will be the Season finale, though I doubt they'll ever be in a single archive. Even on Steam, Season 1 is all listed separately, though you can buy them in packages.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Spotted in the Yahoo article Feb 9, 2008, 19:02 Bet

Good catch. Guess making a PDA for 5 years wasn't 'competing with Palm' in his view. Though the Newton did die the same year he was rehired by Apple, so maybe killing a product is enough for him to mean what he says.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire
77. Re: No subject Feb 6, 2008, 15:46 Bet

So the videos look cool - but still looks like it is an X-Y axis game? Appears to by X-Y-Z, but it looks to be a ruse...

Can anyone elaborate?

You can go into the Z-axis manually by holding down a modifier, similar to Homeworld. The AI uses it to be exceptionally annoying while retreating capital ships that it's trying to bail out of the sector. If you really want to kill that capship, you need to chase it up and away, increasing your distance from the rest of the targets of opportunity, and then giving them more time to escape when they decide to bail out when the capship is out of the picture.

Haven't seen what a human intelligence can use it for. I imagine there's griefing potential there though. If the AI can be annoying, a human can be 10 times worse.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 15:49.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo