Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Starflight Apr 14, 2008, 16:57 Bet

One weekend played it for 72 hrs straight, no saves

That's pretty hardcore. Civilization is the only other game I've heard from a person that did a marathon like that outside of MMOs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Demo Next Month
7. Re: Wait for it... wait for it... Apr 14, 2008, 16:56 Bet

... STICKY TAPE!!!
STICKY TAPE!!!
STICKY TAPE!!!

Best game demonstration video ever. Can't wait for the demo to test out sticky tape antics for myself.

News Comments > etc.
1. Starflight Apr 14, 2008, 13:28 Bet

The game instructions urged us to "NEVER try to play Starflight using the master disks," encouraging gamers to copy the discs before play.

EA, how far you have come. Or rather, regressed. BF2 still checks for the disc, ugh.

Starflight 2 was one of my favorite games to play back in 1992.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Panzer Command: Kharkov
2. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2008, 18:23 Bet

Waiting for that Out of Eight style review then.

I'd get this on a friend's word alone, except for the fact that in order to play this game against the friend we have to use play by email. Ugh. Archaic multiplayer mode needs to die. Better than no multiplayer, but good lord. This is not the 90s.

News Comments > Sam & Max 205 Release, Demo
1. End is the best part Apr 11, 2008, 18:21 Bet

After the credits. So great. Nice way to tie in from the end of Ep 2.

Enjoyed this season a lot, although I waited until the last couple weeks to play them all on Gametap. Now I feel like replaying the first season again so the wait for a third season isn't so bad. Hopefully there will be a third season, that is.

News Comments > Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
5. Re: Strong Bad Apr 11, 2008, 00:00 Bet

Didn't Strongbad peak about four years ago?

Sam & Max peaked a long time before they brought out the new games, and a lot more people know the Strongbad characters, yet Sam & Max is going pretty good by all accounts.

Wondering if the non-game-playing people I've known to cite Strongbad will pick these up.

News Comments > The SimCity Box Announced
7. Re: No subject Apr 10, 2008, 23:56 Bet

Always wonder why they didn't revisit that one...

There was the sequel, Yoot Tower. Published by Sega, not Maxis though. They didn't really change the dynamics very much either.

Then there was a weird version released for the GBA called The Tower SP. Was already frustrating not having a larger window to view your tower in the PC versions. A GBA version was a weird direction.

I was going to pick up the SimCity 4 + Rush Hour pack one of these days, but now it looks like it's been superseded. Might wait for this to go on sale instead.

News Comments > Games for Windows Magazine Website
17. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2008, 19:44 Bet

Those back issues of the magazine were taken down shortly after they were posted for legal reasons according to Filefront. Be glad you downloaded them when you did.

Oh for crying out loud...

News Comments > Games for Windows Magazine Website
14. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2008, 18:57 Bet

You missed a great magazine, then. As others have said, far better than PC Gamer.

While I had bought newsstand copies since last year, I'd only subscribed about 3-4 months ago...

Very sorry to find this out today, but I'm glad they're all keeping their jobs...

Really was the only good PC game magazine left anymore, so it's good that in theory they'll still be around online. Maybe they'll let the lesser-known titles actually get larger articles? Aw, who am I kidding...

Jeff Greene is pretty much the reason I didn't regret doing a 2-year subscription back in 2006, which was about to have to be renewed. Never been to his blog though, so I'll have to change that. Especially since it seems the only way to read his articles anymore.

What are the odds of having the back issues of CGW after 100 come online in PDF form now? The first 100 were a lot of fun to read, and the old ads are fun for remembering games. I wish more magazines would put up archives like Jeff Green was able to go for CGW. Just opened issue 85 at random and got an original Lemmings ad. I usually hate ads, but seeing ones from the 80s and 90s are just too much fun.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Trailer
7. Re: ... Apr 7, 2008, 17:43 Bet

After the first games intro sequence I expected more Saving Private Ryan beach scene and less, Aeon Flux/Neo.

Sounds like I'll be disappointed then. Skipping this, will wait to see it in game. DoW's intro is one I actually don't hit escape through if I'm not in a rush to join a multiplayer game. Seeing the Sergeant take the hill with the drop pods coming in for a landing gets me pumped up to take on the aliens, mutants and heretics.

Think I'm going to go watch it now and see if anyone is still playing original DoW online. Haven't checked that since getting Dark Crusade...

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
10. DoW2 Apr 6, 2008, 23:54 Bet

DoW2 and FC2 lookin good

DoW2 especially looking good when you go to the official site and get the screenshots at 1680x1050. Unbelievably good looking compared to DoW1.

Want more than 3 screenshots though. Argh. Waiting sucks! Need that DoW2 beta...

News Comments > Gold - Europa Universalis: Rome
3. Re: Thumbs up Apr 2, 2008, 20:59 Bet

Plus the graphics seem to be a bit touched up, I liked the resources laying around the map so you can tell what province has what quickly.

They added that in Napoleon's Ambition, one of the enormously helpful features added in the expansion.

Hoping for Hearts of Iron 3 in the EU3 engine now. Damn it. Want to go forward in time, not back! Will still probably give this a shot when it becomes cheaper though. Paradox games are pretty great, even if you don't enjoy the setting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: April Fools Apr 2, 2008, 13:07 Bet

The xbox one was good, the Zelda, and the Blizzard one.

Which Blizzard one? I'm thinking the Starcraft 2 tauren one, but the Molten Core one was pretty great too. Blizzard's have always been great though. Mostly due to all their effort.

News Comments > Theatre of War to North American Stores
6. Re: No subject Mar 28, 2008, 23:15 Bet

A WW2 RTS. Not many of those around.

Look at it like a flight simulator turned into an RTS if you need help finding a reason to not automatically dismiss a game then. Because that's what it is.

Watching IL-2s go to work in this game is almost as fun as personally taking an IL-2 into action in the same engine.

News Comments > Mass Effect PC Q&A
2. Re: Gold Mar 19, 2008, 00:47 Bet

Dunno about gold, but they established a firm release date announced for May 6 a number of weeks ago.

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Confirmed
9. Re: Dear Bioware.. Mar 14, 2008, 09:35 Bet

Isn't Microsoft all about improving PC Gaming?

If that were the case, then there would still be easy ways to buy new copies of Crimson Skies, Starlancer, Mechwarrior 4 Mercs, and so many other games with the Microsoft tag on them. Hell, they'd probably even be updated to run flawlessly on Vista.

Considering Microsoft has so much money, it defies logic that Mechcommander 2 is one of the only game of theirs (if not the only) that you can legally download a copy of, and that's because Microsoft hosts it along with the source code on their own website. How hard would it be for them to start a Steam-like service of their own? Could even be a free delivery service since they obviously don't care about the revenue from older games.

As far as Mass Effect goes, I'm surprised and somewhat amused that they're announcing plans for the second on to be on the PC when the earliest anyone can possibly get the first one on the PC is still 2 months out. Will be getting both just because I love the genre, and Bioware hasn't disappointed me their other games yet.

News Comments > Dawn of War 2 Dawning?
8. Re: Yeah, baby! Mar 11, 2008, 17:21 Bet

I just hope they'll manage at least as many units on-screen as Dawn of War.

Shouldn't be a problem. In Company of Heroes, people are rewarded for massing units with Brits/Panzer Elite, especially with the latter and group zeal. I easily see as many units onscreen in CoH as I ever did in DoW. Though it really sucks when the person USING a clump like that has a computer that can't handle it.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 DIPRIP
9. Re: No subject Mar 8, 2008, 18:23 Bet

Turning the vehicles stutters a lot. The framerate is fine, and swinging the view around is smooth, it's just the vehicle turning which is rough. Anyone not having this issue with the demo?

Working perfectly fine here too. Just having a bitch of a time convincing people to play. Laziness seems as much of a threat to mods these days as anything else.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 DIPRIP
2. Re: No subject Mar 7, 2008, 22:09 Bet

Twisted Metal inspired...HL2...holy hell.

Grabbing it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Galactic Command Echo Squad SE
17. Re: ... Mar 7, 2008, 22:08 Bet

So, what did you think of the preview btw?

Shockingly, I liked it, and wasn't afraid to admit that fact to people that I jokingly informed when I was playing the preview. The relative complexity (which isn't really complex once you get used to the interface, what the hell GameTap?) added to the immersion of the game.

The detailed manuals being available directly in the game is a very nice touch. The game is reminiscent of the great space shooters, and the ability to access the manuals without alt-tabbing is REALLY great considering the game's initial complexity.

$30 is too rich for my blood for an episodic (read: short) game, which is why I was really looking forward to playing these games on GameTap. I'll jump on this eventually, since the genre is one of my favorite. Actually hoping these do well on the market.

Congratulations Derek Smart. You've made a game that I cannot in good faith make fun of. And one I'll almost inevitably buy. Sign of the apocalypse, to be sure.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo