Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeon Runners Patched
6. Re: No subject May 17, 2008, 13:30 Bet

i kinda liked the game, but it prides itself on the humor it has coated the game world with. the problem for me was that i didn't find it humorous. so we went out separate ways.

So the Bling Gnome they so amusingly describe in the patch notes isn't going to be thing to drag you back to purchase the retail box, I take it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Conan Cross-Platform Support; Early Access Sold Out
54. Re: No subject May 16, 2008, 02:27 Bet

Uhhm this isn't being aggressive and hostile. My post in this thread was not a PS3 vs 360 argument at all. It was a straight up simple fact for the people stating that playing with console players is inferior. Did you see the console thread yesterday? I wanted to avoid the 360 vs PS3 argument. Or how about the one today with 360 folks jabbing at the PS3, and other PS3 fans jabbing right back? Do you see me being a part of that? No.

You're right that it's a fact, it just seemed oddly out of place. People don't tend to jump on you for saying something positive about the PS3 outside of the Consolidation threads. Your explanation about pre-emptively explaining to someone that might be confused and think the 360 could have the same capability is credible though, because I'm personally not clear on why the 360 can't do it either. And now I'm fairly disappointed, because what you said seems to indicate that the keyboard/mouse support situation is even worse than I thought it was, even on the PS3. While I've been tempted to get a console from this generation, until one comes with a keyboard/mouse standard like they have with a hard drive, they're still below my standards for most genres.

Didn't see yesterday morning's Consolidation thread (which I assume you mean was the bad one so I won't bother with it now). I see you've since joined in today's thread but it's hard fact with a cited trusted source so it's good you did, we need more of that.

The Consolidation threads became too partisan a while ago for me. Not having a loyalty to either the 360 or the PS3 makes reading both sides unpleasant, since rarely is there ever someone offering up straight facts in response to a false comment like you did today. That's why I had to quit reading Joystiq comments. Personal attacks and idiotic comments everywhere.

News Comments > Age of Conan Cross-Platform Support; Early Access Sold Out
35. Re: No subject May 15, 2008, 15:53 Bet

How am I being a PS3 snob? I'm not the one throwing silly insults around in the various topics about the 360, like you guys are about the PS3. You guys seriously need to grow up and stop acting like 14 year olds.

The difference being that you're the first one to bring up the potential "we'll see what happens" PS3 version difference to call the PC players snobs and take a jab at the 360.

I swear man, that PS3 is doing something to you. You didn't use to be this aggressive and hostile

Edit: Oh god, maybe it's GTA 4 doing it. Maybe I don't want it ported to the PC now. I'm already hostile enough ffs.
This comment was edited on May 15, 15:53.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: No subject May 12, 2008, 15:53 Bet

Do you get side effects (like the headaches) from shots? I know it's just another form of delivery, but did you ever see any strange side effects from the shots?

They have you stay in the office for 30 minutes after the shot to make sure you don't have a reaction, but it's a fairly mundane process and as far as I could ever tell it was just a formality. They're more conservative than they really have to be as far as dosage is concerned, it seems.

The only reaction I had (and had every time) was the sore arm since they ramp up the dosage every time, which was like someone had given me a hard punch, but it wasn't as bad as the discomfort from doing a blood donation through the Red Cross.

I remember now that it was actually more like a decade ago, and I quit taking the shots earlier than they wanted me to since they were effective enough that I started to get annoyed with taking an hour a month for the process. Wishing I had stuck with it until the doctor told me he was happy with the level...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: No subject May 12, 2008, 13:54 Bet

So after not having to deal with any bad allergies for years, i'm back to suffering and it's really frustrating.

I'll take you a step past daily pill resistance and raise you 18 months of allergy shots. Gave me immunity from everything except sleeping directly under a window with spring air rushing in.

Immunity gone after 8 years, and now I'm craving the distilled allergen shots again. Sore arm for a couple of days a month for a couple of years is a small price to pay for avoiding itchy eyes. They even make economical sense in the long run. For the short term though... have to go to an allergist to get the updated cocktail ingredients, so I'm putting it off until I can't stand the itchy eyes anymore.

Damn cold winter followed by damn cold spring, now getting socked in the balls by allergies for the first time this new decade. Seems Minnesota doesn't want me to leave without some memories.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Q&A
2. Re: Who? May 11, 2008, 16:38 Bet

Yeah, they made a game called Blackthorne. It's pretty good, everyone should check it out.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. What May 10, 2008, 01:02 Bet

No one commenting on the backwards compatibility false advertising hand slap?

Disappointed in all of you.

News Comments > Strategic Command 2: Patton Drives East
3. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 04:40 Bet

Seriously?! That title just screams hilarity!

It's an apt title though. It's a well known bit of history that General Patton wanted to steamroll the Soviet army with his tanks right after the western Allied forces were done with defeating the German army, or at least try to. This expansion deals with what-if scenarios, and that would be the biggest what-if of WW2.

He was right about the Communists being a threat to the Western way of life and the cold war that was caused by the incompatibilities, maybe he was right about the western Allies' ability to defeat them.

Seems this game lets you at least pretend to find out what a strategic maelstrom it would have been.

News Comments > ETQW Patch Details
35. Re: So how.. May 9, 2008, 03:59 Bet

Just pick or pickup the weapons you need or stay out of the way of the vehicles.

You don't even need to do that in ETQW. I frequently finish off a vehicle with my pistol since my assault rifle got the vehicle I'm hitting down close enough by the time I had to reload. When 3 or 4 people on a team are taking potshots at a tank when they're running to defend or attack an objective, it will be in the red within a few seconds, at least as long as their aim doesn't suck.

I've killed more vehicles with my pistol in this game than I have with a rocket launcher.

26. Re: No subject May 7, 2008, 18:22 Bet

Surprised noone has commented on Beth 'dumbing down' their games for consoles.

It might be because people automatically filter out his comments as delusional. The interface changes from Morrowind to Oblivion basically shows that he's lying. You don't need to comment on PR BS when it's too easy to prove that it is BS.

Thinking of unmodded Oblivion GUI still makes me cringe, and it's been two years since I played the game in unmodded form.

News Comments > Mass Effect Preorders
24. Re: About pre-ordering... Apr 30, 2008, 02:34 Bet

I'm also someone who never, ever preorders anything. To put such blind faith into something you've never played just seems completely absurd to me. In addition, publishers just love it when you preorder stuff, as that means they can focus more on marketing and hype than making good games. Preorders pretty much epitomize consumer ignorance.

So you've never preordered a game after playing a demo for it? What else can you ask a publisher for? If you don't trust a demo, or reviews or previews or anything else that counts as hype...what exactly do you base your purchases on without resorting to piracy?

News Comments > Mass Effect Preorders
16. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2008, 17:05 Bet

Console port preorders are a risky deal think ill wait until I see a few reviews.

Bioware has been good for them in the past. I'll trust them on this one too, especially since GoGamer's preorder price right now is about the best price they offer on sales for new games after they've been out a month or three. $34-37 range is what I see $50 new games go for on gogamer when they put it on sale there, so hell, might as well.

Hopefully Bioware delivers on the port. I really don't have any doubt though.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Disk Space Issue
37. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 11:30 Bet

For the record my game only crashed once during coop over 5 nights of playing and that was while tabbing out and back several times to setup a TeamSpeak server. Game was ok in coop as an action game but compared to the old tactical games it ranks at the very bottom.

Yeah, crashed once for me too in the last week, also due to alt-tabbing. So I got rid of the 830 meg crash file after seeing this entry on Blues.

Definitely still prefer Raven Shield of the modern games with 'Rainbow Six' attached to them. Nothing beats Rogue Spear though.

7. Re: Epic: Apr 21, 2008, 14:01 Bet

I like paying more for things I like, too.

Not me. I like spending large sums of money on things that I absolutely hate. Makes me feel alive.

News Comments > Supreme Ruler 2020 in June
13. Re: Game looks SWEET! Apr 19, 2008, 16:46 Bet

Nuclear might I suggest videosifting some Chad Vader for a newer sorce of funny?

That would be work though. Rickrolling people is so easy.

9. Re: Distributors? Apr 19, 2008, 00:31 Bet

Don't worry, it won't be limited to GamersGate:

Good lord I almost clicked that. Casual link clicking fear on Bluesnews? THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND!

7. Distributors? Apr 18, 2008, 23:45 Bet

Was going to pick this up thinking it was going to hit Stardock's TGN, hopefully it's not limited to GamersGate. The North America scenarios were pretty amusing in SR2010, so looking forward to this game to see if they can top them.

News Comments > Majesty 2 Announced
8. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2008, 19:45 Bet

The original Majesty was a great game - hope Paradox is up to making a sequel.

Yeah, I also hope they can pull it off, although the premise is so simple it would be hard for them to mess it up. Their other self-developed games never disappoint me.

Still got Majesty 1 installed. Load it up from time to time. Compared to playing 100+ hours of Company of Heroes every month, among other RTS games like Dawn of War, Majesty is just so...relaxing.

News Comments > ArmA II Presentation
5. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2008, 02:27 Bet

Now before the rabid fanboys bite my head off ask yourself this question: Do you see as much of difference between Arma 1 and Arma 2 like we did between Opflash and Arma 1?

The engine change is definitely a massive difference. ArmA 1 is an upgraded OpFlash engine. ArmA2 is the Game 2 engine that's been so long in coming. Announced even before ArmA.

Never really expected anything from ArmA besides a graphics upgrade from OpFlash. That's exactly what I got. Plus a few bells and whistles like TrackIR support. As for Game 2 though, I'm expecting the second OpFlash renaissance.

News Comments > TV Casting Call
15. Re: Gmail Apr 16, 2008, 02:28 Bet

a Gmail address?

That is a little strange, isn't it. Not exactly official sounding.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo