Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. 1C's IL-2 Birds of Prey Jun 9, 2008, 20:11 Bet

Will be interesting to see my favorite flight sim's incarnation on consoles. If it's still realistic, that will definitely be motivator enough for me to finally get a console from this generation.

Edit: Even though I have extreme fears about how much they will simplify the game, it's fortunate that they might just default to disabling all of the realism settings, since IL-2 already has a very good difficulty spectrum. Wonder how the aircraft will handle with thumbsticks, considering that the Saitek X52 is definitely not overkill for controlling aircraft when all the difficulty settings are on.

Any chance that USB joysticks like the X52 can be used with the PS3?
This comment was edited on Jun 10, 01:57.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sid Meierís Civilization IV: Colonization Announced
9. Re: Awww Jun 9, 2008, 20:06 Bet

EA owns the rights to Alpha Centauri unfortunately. If a sequel to that is ever done, it won't be by Firaxis.

Bloody hell!

News Comments > Free Deus Ex
93. Re: THE BEST GAME EVER MADE Jun 9, 2008, 16:36 Bet

Improved Renderer http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/ (get the latest OpenGL version for Deus Ex, 1.8)

This is actually pretty fantastic. It's second only to Glide wrappers (like zeckensack's) as far as things that are great with programmers these days. Some geniuses going back and making things right with the renderers, so we can enjoy the games to the fullest on today's hardware. Loading up a game in Glide mode on a Geforce 8800 makes me giggle every time I do it.

That replacement UT renderer is just great, period.

News Comments > Sid Meierís Civilization IV: Colonization Announced
2. Awww Jun 9, 2008, 16:27 Bet

Why would they skip Alpha Centauri when doing something like this? Sure Colonization came first, but...damn it! Alpha Centauri! Come on!

News Comments > Free Deus Ex
91. Re: THE BEST GAME EVER MADE Jun 7, 2008, 22:09 Bet

Unfortunately, with Gametap you can't play Deus Ex in widescreen, because that requires an INI edit (and the GameTap version doesn't have any INI files).

Someone reported this as actually not being necessary with the Steam install anymore, through Widescreen Gaming Forum. Trying to recall whether or not I edited the .ini file without thinking about it, but I'm pretty sure (since this HD was wiped and I had to start with Steam from scratch 2 months ago) that I didn't edit anything.

The question is then whether it was Valve that edited something, or Eidos (doubtful), or something else entirely (what the hell would it be?). Valve has supported widescreen the proper way, so that would be credible. Though weird. Wondering if anyone using the free Gametap version can select widescreen resolutions without edits.

Speaking of mods though, Burden of 80 Proof is the one and only mod for this game. Fuck graphics. This is what it's all about.

Also for anyone talking about GameTap costs...it's $5/month when you do a year. And GameTap is something you do once a year. Pay for it the same day every year, and forget it except for when you want to play a game. Or play free games, although I've never tried it myself so I have no idea how annoying the ads are. For $5/month I won't put up with ads though. And if they bother you, you bring it on yourself.

News Comments > City Life Edition 2008 Movie
2. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2008, 20:07 Bet

Hm, I was about to move into or near that zone you just walled off. Just so I'm clear, do you want to be walled into that area so that your computer isn't stolen while you're at work, or outside of it?

News Comments > Dawn of War II Trailer
21. Re: Widescreen? Jun 7, 2008, 17:55 Bet

Does it officially support it this time around?

Yes, natively, horizontal+ even so you get the wider view like you should. As opposed to UT3 engine games like Mass Effect which are native and Vertical-.

News Comments > Empires of Steel Announced
4. Re: wha? Jun 7, 2008, 17:15 Bet

Interesting. This almost looks like a Battlefront version of Hearts of Iron.

It does seem that way. Using the we-go turn system for this type of game is interesting. I'm a sucker for that ever since Combat Mission, but it seems to benefit direct-war style games instead of overall strategic ones. Will be interesting to see the results.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Shitty editorial Jun 7, 2008, 01:29 Bet

Since when do they announce GTA games for the PC? It was months before they announced that GTA3 was even coming out for the PC. I was about to get a console JUST for GTA3, even though I didn't have time for it. Then when I finally did have time, the very week, they announced the PC port. That's how I handle all the new GTA games now. Patience since I don't have time (including now), then reward on my customized PC.

How long has GTA4 been out? A month? That's well within the 9 month console-to-PC release schedule. That glorified blogger needs a history lesson. Cry more, then when it's 2009 and there's no PC version of GTA4 there's plausibility to that argument. Learn some patience, jesus.

Saints Row 2 coming to the PC means that even if they don't release GTA 4 for the PC, there will be at least some people satiated when it comes to the weirdly specific genre that GTA fills.

Just found the special LAN disc I made for GTA 2 last week in a ziploc bag. The kind you could take to a LAN center, and within 10 minutes and 4 mouse clicks, have 4 copies distributed for 4 buddies to play via LAN. 2001. Good times.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Trailer
12. Re: Woot Jun 6, 2008, 15:08 Bet

Yes, Ditto here as well on the awesomeness. I'll buy both, but my excitement level for DoW2 is 10 times what it is for SC2. Seeing the company of heroes destruction on that building gave me chills.

Pretty much what I'd say verbatim. Buying both, but with Starcraft 2 it's more academic (and probably 6 months after release), whereas with DoW 2 I can assume it'll consume my life in multiplayer like Company of Heroes has for nearly the last 2 years.

Was late to the DoW multiplayer party, but I'm going to get in on the ground floor for this one any way I can. CoH beta days are some of the best multiplayer I can remember.

GREENSKIN FILTH!

God I love dreadnoughts. Even in death they still serve.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Bus Driver
18. Re: Here's a review Jun 4, 2008, 11:44 Bet

Thanks for the review, Jaguar. No reference to Microsoft Train Simulator though? Didn't think you'd pass up the opportunity. Mystery Science Theater 3000 quotes page link though...huh. That makes up for it.

News Comments > Ironclads: American Civil War Announced
2. Re: Thank you God for the Russians Jun 3, 2008, 20:37 Bet

There are people in their early 20s that appreciate Russian developers, I can assure you. The only thing I can fault them for is that they have as many or MORE delays than Western developers. Been waiting for Black Shark and Storm of War for years now. No release date in sight for either of them either

Ironclad ships are pretty kickass, wonder how this will play. Though it seemed that the Civil War era ironclad warfare was about the two ships making the people inside go deaf from the impacts, instead of killing them...

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Patch Notes
6. Re: ... Jun 3, 2008, 16:21 Bet

I just went to install UT3 and it hung, then bluescreened

I wish it had bluescreened my machine instead of letting me play it. Then maybe I would have had the idea in my head that UT3 didn't actually suck. And that I hadn't set fire to $63. Sigh.

News Comments > Saints Row 2 PCs
11. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2008, 16:49 Bet

I'd be surprised if GTA IV didn't show up on PC.

I'm going to be more surprised if Saints Row 2 beats GTA 4 onto the PC.

Saw the screenshot with the parody of the Company of Heroes box art from Saints Row 2 on IGN since someone linked me to it. I found it appalling and amusing that someone on the dev team would have the balls to make fun of CoH like that.

Hell, if it comes out before GTA 4 it's probably an insta-buy for me. I need a new GTA game to christen each of my computers. My Core 2/Geforce 8 system has not had the pleasure of wanton violence, but Saints Row is close enough.

News Comments > TrackIR Q&A
9. Re: No subject Jun 1, 2008, 21:06 Bet

For flight-simmers, I've heard people say that next to the flight-stick, it's the one peripheral they wouldn't give up.

I would probably say that myself. While a quality joystick is definitely the most important, not having to dick around with a hat switch is a HUGE benefit in dogfights. So non-modern flight sims especially benefit from it. Although I can't wait to use it in Black Shark. That's low-speed, low-altitude stuff. Perfect for the way I use my TrackIR.

News Comments > etc.
1. Fallout 3 concept art May 29, 2008, 19:11 Bet

Huh. It felt a little off (and yet still neat) to have that as my desktop image for the last couple of months. Now it's a little bit tasteless. THANKS TERRORISTS. Fucking hell...

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: Collectorís Edition Demo
6. Re: No subject May 27, 2008, 18:44 Bet

I just remember the dev flipping out over a review and going after the guy who reviewed it...

I must have missed that somehow. What happened exactly?

News Comments > Bethesda Softworks and Splash Damage
10. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 16:39 Bet

Fallout Territory: Oblivion Wars!

I can see it now. Hopefully there's a beta test!

News Comments > Gold - Mass Effect
35. Re: No subject May 17, 2008, 17:53 Bet

like bioshock, it sucks you in with its characters/story/atmosphere/creepy as hell audio logs.

I actually went through System Shock 2 once when I was about 3/4 of the way through, and started listening to the audio logs in order for the fun of hearing things go from bad to worse. Got the first few dozen logs in order myself, then realized there had to be someone that had done that work themselves. Sure enough someone had gotten them in order, AND put them all online. The site went down a while ago, but damn that was cool. Talk about a dedicated fan. At least the SS1 Voice of the Resistance one is still up, although the audio is Real Audio...not exactly futureproof

Got Mass Effect preordered, hopefully it doesn't take too long to ship here. Although I just finished KOTOR 1 for the first time and am now starting up KOTOR 2, with a bunch of other similarly old games backlogged that I'm taking the opportunity right now to get through, so there's no real rush. Well, there is. But I'm pretending there isn't.

News Comments > Forgotten Hope 2 for Battlefield 2
5. Re: v2.1 Trailer May 17, 2008, 17:44 Bet

What a bizarre password. Although I can't remember the passwords to previous FH releases, so maybe this fits the norm. Skipped the first release due to it just being desert combat, but now I'm tempted to reinstall BF2 and see how it is.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo