Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: No PC at E3 Jun 28, 2008, 16:50 Bet

E3 sucks balls now anyway.

I'll wait for GC anyway, it's way way better then E3 has been in many years.

I'm still fairly confused why they persist in calling it E3. This is nothing like the E3 I read about in magazines in the 90s, or even the shittier tone it took in the early to mid 2000s. The Leipzig Game Convention at least has pure roots.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metaverse
1. Bullitt Jun 28, 2008, 16:35 Bet

That chase scene merged with Google maps was interesting. Although like always I was more fascinated with the cars in that movie than I was with where they were actually going. Damn those heavy bass-sounding engines were sweet.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Wow is right. Jun 27, 2008, 03:34 Bet

This may well be one of the dumbest articles I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

News Comments > Jumpgate Evolution Beta Sign-ups
10. Re: Just took a few hours to get the ema Jun 26, 2008, 22:33 Bet

Yep, run by Codemasters. The 'Code M' deal is theirs. Using my preexisting account I had through the Codemasters site already, the only part that took any time was the DxDiag report.

Kind of funny that it seems that their automated interpreter takes my dual monitor setup to be an SLI videocard setup...hm.

Been wanting to get in since they first had that unproductive signup section in the top right of their page. Believe it was a report here on Bluesnews that pointed me to it in the first place way back, though I could be mistaken. Here's hoping I get to brush off the joystick for some Allegiance-style MMO.

News Comments > UT3 Community Bonus Pack 3- Volume 1
3. Re: No subject Jun 25, 2008, 21:27 Bet

Still trying to forget I paid full retail price for the game, without success.

News Comments > Theatre of War Strategy Guide
1. Size Jun 25, 2008, 15:43 Bet

Can't decide whether the simple text .doc version is better than the massive PDF version, at least relatively since they have the same text.

You'd think the extra 3 megs for the PDF version (also on FileFront) would be loaded with extra goodies. Almost is just too distracting with the background images.

Some pretty crucial tips in there, really. The others are no-brainers that seem like space fillers. Oh well, good find all the same!

News Comments > On Impulse & User Content
32. Re: No subject Jun 22, 2008, 01:23 Bet

As Wardell has been selling sci-fi games since he started, I thought of it more as the impulse engine from Star Trek. Basically a reaction drive using plasma for interplanetary travel. Not exactly hi-tech in the science fiction world but then this is a new service.

That was how I thought of it too. Without really thinking about it. Didn't spend any time wondering about the name. Just took it as it was. That, and it's better than 'Stardock Central', although anything catch-phrasey is better than SDC. No one ever knew what I was talking about.

News Comments > Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword Patch
10. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2008, 17:58 Bet

Re micromangament - The more you play the better you get at making the PC do your micro for you as you learn how to use the governers of the cites.

Pretty much, yep. Cities are the only real important part of micromanagement, and you can get used to the governor which removes that much, so all your job is to do is wage war.

Played 8 hours with some buddies a couple nights ago. One was about to quit playing at 4:30AM so that he could sleep a bit before work, then he realized his clock was an hour slow so he said fuck it and kept playing for another 15 minutes.

That was my first game in almost 2 years haha. Just picked up the BTS expansion from Steam a couple weekends ago, and just finally got around to playing it. Good stuff, really.

The Steam update surprised the hell out of me too. For one, it was flawless, and it was quick. I didn't even know a patch was coming out. Starting it up was kind of a shock, seeing the update window. 800K/sec though, so shock didn't get to last long.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: GTX 280 Jun 16, 2008, 14:44 Bet

Good benchmark results. Not enough to displace my 8.5 month old 8800GT, but looking forward to buying a card using the second-gen technology from this in a year or so.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: 5 Reasons Robert Brockway is a moron Jun 15, 2008, 23:28 Bet

that said Ive played the hell out of GTA4. hell I even picked up a PS3 just to play the game but... in the end I liked San Andreas better more than likely because I played it on PC.

Gah...well, you just decided it for me. Definitely waiting for a PC port, even if I end up with $400 burning a hole in my pocket at some point this summer.

News Comments > Tech Bits
3. Re: Digital Cable Jun 15, 2008, 15:14 Bet

Those are only for over-air digital signals, pretty sure. Comcast is going to get rid of their cable analog channels and turn them into cable digital channels, meaning any cable-ready TV that's just hooked straight up to a cable line is going to need a box to continue getting a feed.

The article talks about a crappy sounding digital-to-analog converter that is put right at the base of the TV on the coaxial jack that has no fancy features besides letting you change the channel, which sounds so crappy these days that there should be no way they can charge for it.

I was planning on getting a Microprose DTV converter just for kicks though. Got a coupon for it and everything. Then the NTIA said 'hey Microprose, we're reconsidering your coupon eligibility, sorry'. Not that it would get me the Scifi channel in a year though. Pretty sure, again, that it only works on airwave digital signals and not landline ones :/

News Comments > Tech Bits
1. Digital Cable Jun 15, 2008, 00:29 Bet

What are the odds Comcast is going to provide a digital converter for my analog cable-ready TVs for no cost and with little hassle? Imagining the nightmare it'll be already.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: No subject Jun 14, 2008, 21:01 Bet

Maybe he just wanted more comments on yesterdays' stories!

News Comments > Battlezone II Beta Patch
5. Resolution Jun 13, 2008, 11:46 Bet

Some graphics tweaks: Maximum ingame resolution can be set much higher than 1280x1024 if your hardware supports it.

Whoo high res! Looking forward to seeing if it supports 1680x1050 now, though if not maybe it'll support 1400x1050 like a lot of unlocked-res games do. Almost as good! Or better, if the widescreen resolution stretches or shrinks the image instead of giving a wider view.

Time to finish up this Battlezone: Red Odyssey playthrough to reinstall BZ2 and try this patch.

News Comments > H.A.W.X. Q&A
3. Re: WTF? Jun 11, 2008, 18:27 Bet

dunno why he would give his good name for such a crap game

He likes money.

News Comments > JT Transcript
4. Video Jun 11, 2008, 17:14 Bet

Man it would be great to see a video recording of this. Figures his official embarrassment would be the one place he doesn't have to have a camera recording his every word...

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Continuing Jun 11, 2008, 16:50 Bet

Disciples 2 was a good looking game for its time, and it appears like the next game in line is continuing to uphold the visual standards of the series.

Hopefully it plays as well as the last game!

News Comments > Flagship Dirty Laundry
64. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 16:38 Bet

Yeah, this site really tears down great game(s) like "Sins of a Solar Empire"...

Oh yeah, we didn't do that, we acknowledged it's awesomeness, sorry, your wrong.

Comes down to this, if the game is good it doesn't get knocked.

Er...actually, in the numerous comments sections for Sins, there were a lot of posters who enjoyed tearing at it. As well as people that openly discussed their pirating of the game. And sometimes a combination of the two.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fireteam Reloaded
1. Discount Jun 11, 2008, 16:13 Bet

That's pretty cool about the military discount. Have any other games been offered with a discount like that?

Can't believe I missed the open beta. Was looking to give a shot, not sure what happened.

News Comments > TrackMania Patches
5. Re: Fun up to a point Jun 11, 2008, 02:38 Bet

This game is not a driving game, it is about executing the perfect lap and the vehicle behaviour is entirely deterministic.

That seems to be the case. There's a lot to be said that so many of us get enjoyment out of being perfectionists through this game. I don't know what it says, but hey. It says something!

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo