Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Mac Pirates! Nears
7. Re: humm Jul 31, 2008, 18:40 Bet

and I don't think nvidia allows scaling over a dvi connection

That's the only way it's supported. Doesn't work via VGA.

Also for games that absolutely can't be edited into supporting a widescreen resolution (or can't do it without stretching the image), you can convert your widescreen resolution to a 4:3 one by adding a custom resolution. I use 1400x1050 (1680x1050 monitor) for Sid Meier's Pirates! among other games. It's selectable as a resolution in the game once you do it even. Native pillarboxing!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2008, 21:22 Bet

AE is a great game. Sucks that the guy doesn't want to distribute the game over Steam. Can only imagine how many people haven't played this game yet but would love it if they did, and Steam releases seem to attract that sort of attention.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 21:23.

News Comments > Mass Effect Patch & DLC
25. Re: Wrong Jul 29, 2008, 16:09 Bet

I for one pirate because I want to make sure:

1. I like the game
2. the game works as stated on my system
3. Once the above two are met, I buy the game.

So did you ever buy Sins of a Solar Empire? Or did you not get 20 hours out of it so you didn't feel it was worth buying?

News Comments > 1701 A.D. Patch
1. Nice Jul 25, 2008, 17:52 Bet

Figured there wasn't a new patch inbound for this. Glad I don't need the expansion for it. Still have it installed so lets see what this large patch can do!

News Comments > Dawn of War II Free GFW Support
24. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2008, 22:31 Bet

GFW Live! is a Vista only initiative.
This is wrong. They support XP now, for free. Someone learned the lesson, at least.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: It's always Sunny in Philly Jul 16, 2008, 16:31 Bet

Excellent news! I got turned onto this show by a co-worker (I don't have cable/TV/etc...only DVD entertainment) and am glad he did. Love this show!

It is definitely a great series. One episode at a time just isn't enough, either. Need at least 2 episodes in a sitting!

News Comments > Gears of War 2 Dated, New Coop Mode
9. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2008, 17:49 Bet

Didn't UT have that mode like 5 years ago? It was a blast.

Yep, Invasion mode. UT2004 had it was well, and vehicle support was even modded in. On my favorite UT2004 server, if I was the first one to join for that day's cycle I'd vote in an Invasion map and kill the 10 minutes or so it took for people to notice that players were on the server for the day.

Supported a hell of a lot more than 5 players though. Sometimes got up to the server capacity (32) before people got sick of Invasion and we voted in something good like Onslaught or Assault.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2008, Part 5
4. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2008, 04:01 Bet

Oh wow, there's footage of an Activision press event at E3 2007. It featured a really, really unfunny Jaime Kennedy.

It's so amazingly bad I can't believe I've never seen it until now. You'd think someone from Activision would have tried to take him off the stage at some point. The press probably would have cheered.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Carmageddon Jul 13, 2008, 03:13 Bet

Played Carmageddon 2 with Rage Against the Machine through WinAmp in the background more times than I care to admit. Hell, so did most of my friends. Popular music and popular game made a hell of a combination.

After having experienced how great Carmageddon 1 runs through DOSBox, which is better than it ran on the machine I originally played it on back in the demo days, I need to relive Carmageddon 2 again. zeckensack's Glide wrapper supports Carmageddon 2, so with luck and some fiddling it'll run great. I refuse to believe it won't work on XP!

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Q&A
4. Desiring reverse Jul 10, 2008, 02:16 Bet

For the gamer that has a maybe four- or five-year-old PC, he can play it on his PS3 or his 360.

Wish more console-centric publishers had that same attitude for people that don't have a current gen console, only an up-to-date PC. 'For the gamer that only has a four- or five-year-old console, he can play it on his PC'.

Sigh. A man can dream.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 02:18.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2008, 19:32 Bet

I just watched a couple of videos on IGN. Holy hell, this is the most generic awful looking game I've ever seen.

Sounds like you haven't seen Haze yet.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
30. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2008, 19:34 Bet

I don't see why the cable company can't just encourage their boxless customers to buy the digital tuner boxes the coupons are being offered for. If you have a digital ready television you can already tune all the digital channels on cable except the pay-per-view or other channels (like many HD channels) that use switching digital video.

http://www.comcast.com/dtvsite/government-coupon.html

Unfortunately, these don't work for cable TV. It's only for over-air broadcast. Hence the need for an actual digital cable receiver box, or an adapter for cable-ready TVs. Welcome to just one part of the amazing mansion of confusion people are experiencing with regard to the digital transition. Enjoy your stay!

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 19:38.

23. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2008, 17:30 Bet

I've got 4 analog TVs that are currently being plugged directly via coax cable. I know I won't be renting boxes from my cable company. I thought there'd be a coupon eligible digital converter box would also take care of analog cable, but it doesn't look like it yet. They're strictly for over the air conversions.

I can sympathize. Expecting Comcast to be...uh, 'generous' and just give these things to customers. I'd be beyond pissed off if they expect me to pay for one when they're already gouging on cable TV. They're probably aware of that though.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6573422.html

That's what they'll likely provide for your cable-ready TVs. Going to need a remote for them too, from what I heard, though they don't include TV Guide programming information like a cable box.

Due to the lack of a guide, that supposedly lit a fire under their ass for eliminating the digital channel seek delay. Hopefully it's true.

18. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2008, 16:35 Bet

and more recently this..

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Comcast-Joins-Others-In-Ditching-Analog-95410

What will happen next is anyone's guess. I can't believe cable companies won't try to accommodate analog cable customers... not with the option of satellite out there.

They will accommodate analog customers. They're going to give (or sell, ugh) a digital-to-analog converter that screws into the back of a cable-ready TV, right at the base, with an IR sensor that snakes around to the front so you can use a remote to use it.

And if you have a cable box already, chances are it's digital and you won't even notice the change.

Not happy about this. The only TV I have is without a cable box, just using the cable receiver in the TV itself to pick up channels 2-70, which are the analog ones here. Includes most of the channels I ever feel like watching though, so yeah. I wouldn't mind the quality difference being FORCED to digital. As long as they fix that pause between channel seeking.

That ~1 second pause between changing channels on my mom's digital setup is the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with on a TV. Channel surfing is impossible if you don't enjoy having a dead screen half the time while the digital converter is seeking.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II: Endless Universe Announced
16. Re: How about a good freekin space sim Jul 7, 2008, 23:21 Bet

I am not sure why people call GalCiv a RTS, when it is by no means a RTS.

This is also what I was wondering. nin's reaction was mine too, thinking wildone was just joking. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he was. Sad...

News Comments > On Infinity Ward's Future
11. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2008, 19:11 Bet

Actually, health packs ARE a better way. With regenerating health, the player is encouraged to play the "sit-and-hide" game instead actually playing the game.

Health packs with a player medic ability (or an entire class) definitely seems to be the best way to keep the action flowing.

TF2 gets the balance really well, forcing people to rely on medics and engineer dispensers more than health packs, since the supply is so limited.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Science & Industry 2
3. Re: Mega alpha Jul 5, 2008, 15:41 Bet

Definitely a very, very, very early release.

Hm. Is there a point to playing it now, then, or no?

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Hammond Jun 30, 2008, 22:57 Bet

Gen. Hammond is dead. Lame. That sucks. Seemed like a nice guy. I thought he did a damn good job on StarGate for all those years.

Was a bummer when he left the show. This is a definite increase in bummer level

News Comments > No StarCraft II This Year
39. Re: ... Jun 30, 2008, 17:23 Bet

Not this year? I was hoping SCII and DIII would BOTH make it out this year, as the media they've released show they're both well into development. What's the point keeping a game quiet for so long if the release date is still years away?

Gives you something to look forward to. And something that's actually concrete as opposed to just hoping they'll make a sequel to a game you want a sequel for. For all the people that are annoyed by game announcements that are years in advance, there are likely just as many that are annoyed that they weren't announced earlier.

At least with Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, there's no real chance that Blizzard will can then like Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Ghost. So we know it'll come out eventually, whether it's 2009, 2010, or beyond. If you live long enough, you will get to play it. Rejoice!

News Comments > No StarCraft II This Year
8. Re: No subject Jun 29, 2008, 20:47 Bet

The campaign is ~1/3rd done, not the game. You start adding campaigns later on in development. You've gotta have a game to play first.

Considering they publicly demonstrated from the campaign on August 6, 2007...we have quite a ways to wait before Blizzard decides the game is ready.

If after 11 months they're only 1/3 done since showing off the campaign in depth for the first time, considering Blizzard development time another 22 months until they're done doesn't seem unrealistic.

Anyone up for some Starcraft 2 in May 2010?

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo