Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA4 PC Improvements
9. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2008, 14:59 Bet

While it wasn't as high res as some other titles, those titles could afford to be super high res because they would load a limited number of textures in memory.
GTA 4 had to be fast loading, dynamic and ready for anything.

Hopefully that means the textures get to be twice as sharp, considering the mainstream PC videocards now have twice the video memory of the 360/PS3. Holding my breath for it, sharper textures rule.

Oblivion was a huge letdown for texture resolution, and that wasn't even a port, just a same-day release as the 360 version! Glad to see that Rockstar at least acknowledges the capabilities of the PC. Was embarrassing to see Bethesda forget, and leave sharp textures up to modders ffs. Really, really hoping that mistake isn't repeated with Fallout 3...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tyranids in Dawn of War II
22. Re: No subject Aug 19, 2008, 17:57 Bet

Hate to break it to you Ludomancer, but the world of Warhammer 40,000 is much older than StarCraft.

Pretty certain that he's making fun of the typical Starcraft fan that doesn't know there's such a thing as tabletop Warhammer 40K. And threw in WoW fan for good measure.

News Comments > Jade Empire Mac Now Available
3. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2008, 22:43 Bet

It seems like an okay game.

How is it compared to other Bioware titles?

News Comments > Company Of Heroes: Tales Of Valor?
3. Re: test Aug 18, 2008, 16:44 Bet

The test is to see if you'll buy it instead of screaming "Where the fuck is the sequel!"

Why do we need a sequel? Dawn of War 2 is being made on the same engine, and it's still the best looking RTS engine out there. Aside from that, the expansions are all standalone so you don't need the base games, and in Company of Heroes you don't even need to get the expansion to play with the people who bought it, or ONLY have it.

Really until the engine is outdated, what's the point of a sequel? Dawn of War to Dawn of War 2, that's an impressive sequel difference. There's not a lot more that technology allows over current CoH-level presentation.

Even though I play CoH multiplayer religiously, I'm not excited about the potential for a new expansion until we're told it has the bloody Russians in the game.

News Comments > New Jim Raynor in StarCraft II
4. Re: Well... Aug 18, 2008, 10:47 Bet

For me, he wasn't a real critical part of making Starcraft enjoyable.

But when everything else about Starcraft 2 feels practically the same as Starcraft 1, having the different voice actor is going to stick out like a sore thumb. The only people that aren't going to notice are those completely new to the series.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Ion Storm Aug 18, 2008, 04:49 Bet

I miss the days when Tom Hall was working at Ion Storm Have played Deus Ex and Anachronox plenty this last week. Walton Simons' voice acting makes me grin, even more so knowing it's Tom Hall providing the voice. Good times, good times...

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Beta Patch
2. Re: Sloppy Aug 18, 2008, 04:44 Bet

I'm confused. The beta installer on Fileplanet is 140 megs smaller. Why would they make a patch instead of a new installer? Even adding maps...wtf.

15. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2008, 17:23 Bet

Solution: run her over!

You are a bad person.

News Comments > New Free Grimm Episode
6. Re: No subject Aug 14, 2008, 20:26 Bet

I hadn't seen any screenshots of Bad Day LA but had heard it was supposed to be really good.

You mean really terrible, right? Not even sure what he did for that game. He came in right at the end of development. Must have liked what he saw...but then, no one else did.

I found the first episode of Grimm entertaining enough, especially when you beat the game and it goes through the story how it actually was (aka, dark, depressing, realistic). Probably would have liked the second, if not for the dual-core issue that made it impossible for me to even play it. Waiting for the Gametap fix before downloading the third one.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: It's awesome Aug 14, 2008, 16:14 Bet

Jesper Kyd definitely deserves the success he's achieved.

News Comments > TF2 Heavy Unlockable Weapon Revealed
5. Re: Hmm Aug 13, 2008, 17:32 Bet

It feels like valve is doing their utmost to make the kritzkrieg ability for medics used less than it is, which is practically never.

Losing the ability to ubercharge never felt worth it to me. Sometimes for kicks while playing defense on an attack/defend map, but that's the only time I've used the kritzkrieg. And even then I usually switch back to the regular medigun pretty quickly.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Premier Edition, Movie
2. Beta key Aug 11, 2008, 17:11 Bet

Wonder if that means a Red Alert 3 expansion is guaranteed by GAME now.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2008, 01:44 Bet

What I'm wondering is who doesn't already have it?

11. Re: Stolen Exclusives. Aug 10, 2008, 19:13 Bet

Ummm. GTA was on the PC long before the Playstation. Do these "gaming journalists" even bother to do research?

Research?! That's like...work. Better to just play the games and then write articles without doing fact-checking. Much more efficient.

News Comments > Mike Capps: PC GoW Reviews BS
10. Redeeming Quality Aug 8, 2008, 22:24 Bet

I did like John Di Maggio's voice acting for the main character. That is the ONLY reason why I preferred it over UT2004. Even over UT3. And that is the only reason why I played Gears of War. So thank you Epic. You hired the single voice actor I wanted to hear voice the character we played.

News Comments > Mike Capps: PC GoW Reviews BS
3. Um Aug 8, 2008, 21:33 Bet

Um...um........um..........um. Oh right. Gears of War was worse than UT against bots. On any map. Even the shitty ones.

News Comments > Divinity 2 Ego Draconis Press Release
7. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2008, 17:33 Bet

Don't forget the patch for Beyond Divinity that removed all copy protection entirely.

News Comments > New Battlezone II Beta Patch
9. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2008, 00:54 Bet

Sorry it was called Heavy Duty but looks similar to Battlezone!

Those screenshots remind me a lot of the 2001 game Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising.

News Comments > Savage 2 Server Reinforcements Coming
3. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 01:45 Bet

unfortunately I had meant to buy a copy but forgot and its now back up to $20 again.

Well it was $30 before the weekend, so it's still $10 cheaper than it was a week ago. Not a bad deal, considering. I also meant to buy it and forgot, hopefully it stays at $20 until I have time to play again.

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
4. Re: Colonization Aug 3, 2008, 17:57 Bet

I regret buying Revolutions - it's good, but there's too many little consolisations that annoy me. The lack of game start options is criminal.

Not like having a lot of start options is good either. Sid Meier's Railroads! has tons, but it's still a lobotomized Railroad Tycoon.

Nice what they did with the Civ4 water in those screenshots. And hey, expert tobacco planter!

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo