Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 19:44 Bet

Thanks for the news, Blue.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 13:49 Bet

Forza 4 complete edition release date speculation, anyone?  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2012, 13:43 Bet

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 12:58:
Rally Car Downs An Electrical Pole. Thanks nin.

holy balls!
Petter nooo

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 21:03 Bet

This is obviously viral marketing for Ocean's Fourteen.
Glad I'm not the only one that thought that immediately.

News Comments > Morning Previews
13. Re: Morning Previews Oct 5, 2012, 21:01 Bet

Prez wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 17:47:
If you are excited about the Firaxis version, then great. X-COM is one of those rare properties that I love so dearly that I am super anal about it and freak out when anyone messes with the formula (Way more so than with Fallout, so I was able to enjoy FO3 and NV). I by no means think this game is gong to suck - It looks really good. It's just that they named it XCOM... Bah, I'm just going to stop posting about it. Everyone is excited about it and I don't want to sound like the guy who has to pooh-pooh everyone else's enthusiasm.
I'd estimate that 90% of NMA members enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas once they got past their blind hatred of change.

Getting past one's own prejudices is one of humanity's greatest dilemmas.

News Comments > Loot Drop Kickstarter Interview
32. Re: Loot Drop Kickstarter Interview Oct 5, 2012, 20:45 Bet

Madguy wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 20:26:
From the sounds of this article this is going to be two games in the same sense that Might and Magic: Clouds of Xeen and Darkside of Xeen were two games.. It's basically two worlds within the same universe with the same engine and gameplay that can be connected with each other (World of Xeen).
Right. Not exactly sure why people are having a hard time understanding this, unless it's the animosity against Romero. The programmers, artists, and other engine-essential staff are going to be doing the prime components, with the creative teams doing the story/world development partly separate, partly in tandem.

Fucking wish the Fallout games would be developed like that. Imagine that, we could have a Fallout game every other year. Boston in 2014, England 2015... oh damn that would rule. Such lost potential...

News Comments > Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio
6. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 12:37 Bet

Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:12:
Techie714 wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:04:
Fallout 4.......

Actually the rumor is Boston for the next Fallout, Beth has sent a production crew there to photograph & film the city...That's the rumor anyway...

I think Bethesda's main team is working on FO4. I can't imagine they'd take a completely new team and hand a big project like that over to them, especially not under the guidance of a guy who created what's looking like one of the biggest MMO failures of all time.

Creston
Please be out next year, please be out next year...

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic
41. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 4, 2012, 10:24 Bet

KilrathiAce wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 22:40:
Maybe this will help clarify his vision, because he lost "it" long ago.
I thought his vision was a gun with a chainsaw on it. Really, truly did. Wasn't it?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 3, 2012, 16:14 Bet

No Shenmue leak, shame.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2012, 13:55 Bet

RailWizard wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 11:07:
btw what was the big site before Myspace, pretty sure there was one, just can't remember it...
Geocities?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 11:43 Bet

Don't worry, Blue. We average plastic intake daily. Not to mention the mystery pollution ingredients we're unaware of.  

News Comments > More Project Eternity Goals
3. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 11:00 Bet

Curious to see how many levels of that Endless Paths we get. 20 if they keep on track. Would end up making that tower in the first Baldur's Gate expansion look small.  

News Comments > XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person?
15. Re: XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person? Oct 1, 2012, 13:04 Bet

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 12:13:
Hrm, I had mostly forgotten about this game. I actually was under the impression it had come out and bombed utterly. I was waiting to see it on a Steam sale for 5 bucks or something.

What a shame they are going the consolized crap route, the screenshots from way back when looked more interesting than whatever this new version is going to be.

You could get it with all the other X-Com games (including Interceptor) for $5 a few times already, IIRC. I installed it, and promptly uninstalled it once I remembered the gameplay. The horrible, horrible...horrible Enforcer gameplay. I actually beat the game when it was new. I must have been bored out of my mind.

Resurrect X-Com Alliance, please. That was a promising game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu5iWvhY_MU

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2012, 21:11 Bet

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 19:38:
Obama FINALLY repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell after making it a major selling point in his campaign. As for Bible-Thumpers telling me I'm going to burn in hell, there is a quote I like to refer to.
'You know what they say right? You go to Heaven for the view and Hell for the company. I'll see you in hell'.
That was with the military still saying he was rushing it too much (with a lot of liberal minds agreeing). He did it as fast as he sanely could, from all the data I've seen.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2012, 14:43 Bet

BP, which declined to comment on the story, has always denied any liability for the United States' worst offshore environmental disaster.

Orly?

News Comments > No Federal 38 Studios Charges
8. Re: No Federal 38 Studios Charges Sep 29, 2012, 05:01 Bet

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 22:39:
And taxpayers have a right know if their money was pissed away on coke and hookers. This simply isn't a blame game. Someone somewhere was responsible for fucking up and that person is likely Curt.

No crime against stupidity, and that's what Curt is guilty of. Vast amounts of it. It only matters if he lied to get the money, and that's if he lied *illegally*. He sold promises, from the sounds of it, like a politician does. What happens when they break their promises? Not much. People call them flipfloppers. And it embitters a lot of people.

News Comments > Nexus 2 Kickstarter
8. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 28, 2012, 13:23 Bet

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 11:02:
I purchased a copy of Nexus: The Jupiter Incident many years ago, and have tried many times to get into the game, but to no avail.

I just never felt in control. The UI was just a mess. The actual action was dull. The only way to really see an entire battle was to zoom out so far that you were looking at little "+" marks on the screen.

I really wanted to like the game, because I enjoyed the story, but always gave up in disgust when I found myself, yet again, realizing that I had absolutely no clue what was going on during a battle. Which ship was attacking my fighters? Who knows! Were my lasers having any effect? Its a mystery! Did my missiles actually hit? Anyone's guess! Which ship was I controlling again? Doesn't matter!

I'll probably get crucified from some die hard fans of the game, but I sincerely tried (my last effort was a mere 3 months ago) to give the game a chance, but I just never felt like I was playing it, merely going along for the ride and hoping for the best.

Edit: Oh, and dear god, that had to be about the cheesiest kickstarter video ever. Please guys, don't try to act...
Sounds like all they have to do to please you is provide a decent tutorial and better UI feedback. Pretty simple fixes there. Both things I'd expect from a sequel.

And I really expected this kickstarter a while ago...at least sometime around FTL's success. I'm not a die-hard fan, but have been wanting this sequel since they had that tech-demo video of it from years and years ago.

Wildone, I think the closest we've gotten so far is Starlight Inception (which is why I threw some money at it). Don't have as high of hopes as I'd like, but it'll probably give me the fix.

Speaking of that, I still have yet to really get into IWar2. Guess I'll do that now, since you've reminded me.

News Comments > Carmageddon Max Pack on GOG.com
10. Re: Carmageddon Max Pack on GOG.com Sep 28, 2012, 08:28 Bet

So d'we need a glide wrapper?  

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
46. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 28, 2012, 08:23 Bet

jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 20:41:
Dades wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 20:24:
I am shocked that the kung fu pandas expansion did not get the fan base excited enough to buy a copy, shocked!

Yeah, I mean KFP I & II are pretty good movies, but they don't really seem to me to cater to the WoW crowd. Certainly not enough to base a franchise on. And I'm not sure it's enough to build an MMO on. When I first heard about the expansion, I was really kind of shocked, as it just seemed out of place compared to the original and the previous two expansions.
Holy fucking lol, thought you guys were kidding. I never realized it was mists of Pandaria. I thought it was Pandoria. Like Pandora with an i in it. Pandas? Monk pandas? HAHAH.

Oh god my sides are hurting.

News Comments > Korean Valve Bid?
6. Re: Korean Valve Bid? Sep 27, 2012, 11:43 Bet

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 10:56:
But I fail to see why Valve, with its completely untraditional no-managers set-up, would merge with a Korean publisher, which is 100% purely manager driven. It's like saying that Chrysler is interested in merging with the Home Depot. It makes no sense whatsoever.
Aside from money causing everything to appear to make perfect, logical sense in the proper quantity in any situation, that's pretty a good analogy.

Fortunately this sounds more like culture biased reporting.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo