Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Q&A Roundup
1. Re: Sunday Q&A Roundup Jan 25, 2009, 13:49 Bet

Dear King's Bounty expansion:

Hurry up and get released in English soon. TIA.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
13. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Jan 23, 2009, 01:01 Bet

That was fixed with 181.20.

Not on my setup it didn't. Sucks, because I updated to 181.20 from a 17x.xx series driver thinking it was fixed. Still have to turn off multicore rendering.

Edit: I AM sticking with these drivers though, because for the first time in 2 years, Digital Vibrance Control, Fixed-Aspect ratio flat panel scaling, AND custom resolutions are working. I couldn't believe it. Turning off multicore rendering in L4D is a small price to pay to have those 3 things working all at the same time again.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2009, 01:03.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2009, 15:14 Bet

who, need I remind you, provided some voice acting for Fallout as well as Planescape Torment.

Keith David rules. His character in Planescape Torment wasn't around long enough, though he did have some interesting twists when he found out who you are. Good times.

Edit: And yeah, it's nice when neighbors want to help each other, even if they don't need the help necessarily.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2009, 15:16.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
3. Re: Saturday Screenshots Jan 17, 2009, 21:08 Bet

so i know op anchorage costs "points" or whatever on xbox live... is it free on pc or no?

Same number of points (800), same cost. $10. I've had such an interest in the Alaskan conflict since the original Fallout text entries on the Zax computer in The Glow that it's going to be hard not to purchase. Damn it.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Depends on the Game Jan 17, 2009, 14:43 Bet

Does anybody else remember how the demo to Serious Sam just came out of nowhere and SOLD that game?

I remember the guys at Old Man Murray going crazy over the game and it being one of the very rare games that they didn't make extensive fun of.

News Comments > Cryostasis, NecroVisioN, and Men of War Dated
7. Re: Cryostasis, NecroVisioN, and Men of War Dated Jan 14, 2009, 19:53 Bet

Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 and Faces of War are two of the most-played co-op games at the LAN parties I go to. Definitely looking forward to Men of War, and I'm hoping they continue including co-op functionality.

Co-op in the series definitely makes it worth the money, as far as I'm concerned. Definitely a lot more fun than playing it singleplayer, that's for sure.

News Comments > Preorder Empire: TW, Get Rome: TW Free
6. Re: Preorder Empire: TW Preorder, Get Rome: TW Free Jan 14, 2009, 12:22 Bet

But this offer is only for NA and without "Elite Units", so Valve still wins.

Who's paying $20 for six units though? The elite units were neat when they were announced as a preorder bonus in October, but now that they're $20 extra you have to be kidding me.

News Comments > Weekend Sales
8. Re: Weekend Sales Jan 10, 2009, 18:54 Bet

Xcom is freeware/abandonware you can get online for free

Wrong. While you're right that you can download anything online for free, in this case the license holder (2K Games) worked with the software emulation dev team (DOSBox) to make the games work nice and smooth with modern OSes. Due to those facts, if you don't get them from Steam or Gamers Gate, you're pirating them.

We have loonyboi aka Jason Bergman to thank for this pack on Steam, by the way. He worked with the DOSBox devs to make sure these versions run, and sent them swag in exchange, which they appreciated on the DOSBox forums. Check this thread on Shacknews for Jason Bergman's comments, they're pretty neat.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Strike Fighters 2
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Strike Fighters 2 Jan 5, 2009, 10:29 Bet

uhm, they're called expansion packs? Yeah, most of us actually do that and even re-use technologies across products as needed.

How many games make standalone products that are optional for the multiplayer component, though? The thing about the Company of Heroes series that is that owning Opposing Fronts in addition to the original game, you get access to the 2 new armies in multiplayer. But if you don't shell out for the expansion, you still get the program updates and get to play against all the people that just got the standalone expansion. Completely optional purchase that expands upon the playerbase and content for the multiplayer portion, while patching old issues in the process.

But then people complain about the 2 gig patch that adds the new army content to the game they bought a year before, without appreciating the fact that they have even more people and armies to play against online thanks to it.

With Relic's other current series, Dawn of War, every time an expansion came out (Dark Crusade and Soulstorm especially), the playerbase got more and more splintered between people that didn't upgrade, and the people that did. Everyone playing the same basic game, but different versions and content preventing compatibility. The traditional expansion style, though you only really feel the pain when it comes to multiplayer.

Eagle Dynamics with DCS, they're following the modular concept. The people flying Ka-50s in multiplayer right now will be able to patch their game once the A-10 module arrives, play with them, and benefit from the program updates even without paying more money. And if they really want to, they can shell out the bucks to fly the A-10. Or people that didn't want the Russian helicopter can just wait and do the reverse, by getting the A-10 module and being able to play with people that originally got the Ka-50 module.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Strike Fighters 2
8. Re: Ships Ahoy Jan 5, 2009, 01:15 Bet

If you think the A10 is coming out in a year or less, I got a bridge I would like to sell you. Black Shark was announced for a 2006 release and it just came out late this year...sorry, good luck seeing this until at least 2010.

The foundation is already released, though. For the last couple years Eagle Dynamics has focused almost entirely on their big-earner military sim for the USAF. The A-10C is already implemented in the military version of DCS, and they've designed the program to be modular. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts came out a year after the original game with content that definitely didn't even exist when the original CoH came out, and that functions in a modular capacity as well. Optional to upgrade and the game is still compatible with people that don't have your same modules.

Really genius way of making games, wish more developers could use the method.

News Comments > Cancelled Stormbirds Revealed
2. Re: Cancelled Stormbirds Revealed Jan 3, 2009, 12:43 Bet

Unfortunate that it was canceled. The art design (especially with Crimson Skies-reminiscent modified A-10) is pretty promising.  

News Comments > Free Radical Cuts
5. Re: Free Radical Cuts Dec 26, 2008, 07:21 Bet

Crappy time of the year to be looking for work

You said it. Seems like the Employment sections in newspapers have been cut to a third.

News Comments > Free Radical Follow-up
6. Re: Free Radical Follow-up Dec 19, 2008, 23:40 Bet

Was always hoping for a PC port for TimeSplitters. Oh well.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 16, 2008, 04:04 Bet

I miss 3dfx.  

News Comments > TF2 and GoGamer Sales
4. Re: TF2 and GoGamer Sales Dec 13, 2008, 06:12 Bet

Spent so much damn money at Gogamer this week. Those bastards and their made-up Friday megasales! Ruined my wallet.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DCS: Black Shark
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: Black Shark Dec 12, 2008, 05:21 Bet

Oh WHAT! I wasn't expecting an English version of this until Spring at the earliest! Best news of the day for me, unless something amazing happens.  

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Bonus Maps
5. Re: Far Cry 2 Bonus Maps Dec 8, 2008, 17:15 Bet

Neat about the registry unlock. Will have to keep that in mind for when I get around to playing this.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 5, 2008, 19:29 Bet

Soulstorm for $20? Hell, might as well.  

News Comments > Metaverse
1. Comcastic Dec 4, 2008, 17:58 Bet

Should be interesting to see how close NetMeter is to Comcast's reporting.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Huzzah! Dec 4, 2008, 06:07 Bet

Jesus, a working Search function...

Never thought I'd see the day!

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo