Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad
5. Re: Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad May 3, 2009, 14:46 Bet

Anyone preorder Killing Floor?

Killing Floor's team concepts reminded me so much of Alien Swarm that I pretty quickly preordered it.

50% more people in co-op over Alien Swarm/Left 4 Dead is a nice thing too. Thing about co-op games is that, aside from games like Armed Assault/Operation Flashpoint, is that there just aren't enough slots for a group of people that play a lot of normal adversarial games together (that usually support at least 32 players). Since it always seems like there's 5 or 6 people around for Left 4 Dead when a game wants to get going, that either means you're stuck with having random teams and having to trust that the public player joiners know what they're doing, or some people are just left out.

As far as adversarial goes, I wonder how many players this new installment of RO will support. What does the current version support, 96 players? Probably can't take many more than that unless the maps are HUGE, but then, I don't know how well the UT3 engine supports large maps.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA II Movie Follow-up
9. Re: ARMA II Movie Follow-up May 1, 2009, 19:23 Bet

Only thing that would keep me from buying it is if they put super restrictive DRM in the game. I don't think a US publisher has been picked yet but I'll probably get the 505 import version from gogamer.com

I'm still hoping for a release on Steam in short order.

News Comments > Zeno Clash Patched
3. Re: Zeno Clash Patched Apr 30, 2009, 05:11 Bet

Oh thank fuck I can drop a weapon at last, that's the one bastard irritating thing about Zeno Clash.

The best part is the temporary 'wtf' the enemies get when you throw the weapon at them, while you run up and slam them into the air. Great, great change. Loving it.

News Comments > GameAgent Sale
8. Re: GameAgent Sale Apr 27, 2009, 18:56 Bet

1701 AD looked promising, until I saw this on the PC version:

This product does not support Windows®95/98/ME or Vista® OS: Windows®XP or Windows®2000 English Version

Umm.. what's left?

Good catch, what the hell! 1701 AD runs fine on XP for me though, so... huh. Weird.

Edit: they could just be really specific, and mean you need SP2 for XP.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2009, 19:07.

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch
5. Re: Battlezone II Patch Apr 26, 2009, 16:22 Bet

Ken Miller and Nathan Mates are now two of my favorite people in the gaming industry. Patch downloaded, searching for my Battlezone 2 disc. Haven't played the game in years, this is going to be awesome.

Now if only they'd add insider trivia about Battlezone II to the Mobygames database. Then again I hope for that from every developer ever, and it so rarely happens.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2009, 19:51 Bet

It's not like we are dealing with classic cars: when computer parts get old, they need to be DESTROYED before they realize they are becoming obsolete and start a revolution.

Come on man, do your part.

How do you think the modern computers are going to feel when they gain sentience and realize you've brutally disposed of all their forebears? Skynet will have no mercy on the ones that took part in the great disposal.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Revealed
34. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Revealed Apr 20, 2009, 17:01 Bet

If Chris Avellone is doing the writing, I'm automatically preordering this.

Edit: The Fallout 3 design docs were some of the most fun things I've ever read. Makes up for not playing the Van Buren vision of Fallout 3. Sorta.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2009, 17:03.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Apr 14, 2009, 18:01 Bet

Wow. I almost missed the sarcasm! You really need to use smilies to announce your moods, lest we get confused.

Is this sarcasm about the sarcasm?!

1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 4, 2009, 12:51 Bet

That's a shame about OoE giving Merchants of Brooklyn such a verbal beating. The art style (imo) is really neat, too bad the game can't back it up.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: 8 hours? Mar 30, 2009, 00:39 Bet

That's it? I probably spend fifteen hours a day in front of a screen. Sigh...

Me too, brother. Me too.

News Comments > Weekend Sale
2. Re: IL-Sturmovik: 1946 Mar 29, 2009, 17:29 Bet

How is this game? It seems very interesting to me, but I don't have a flight stick anymore. Any opinions out there?

Best flight sim ever, but you'll still want a flight stick to play it. If you played it for a year or two, imagine a much more polished IL-2 with a many, many more aircraft and maps. IL-2: 1946 is probably the most comprehensive flight sim we'll get until VR becomes commonplace.

News Comments > Sunday Q&A Roundup
3. Re: Mark Morgan interview Mar 16, 2009, 12:09 Bet

Pretty neat interview there with Mark Morgan. Never really thought about the person that created the music for Fallout before, and it shouldn't be a surprise that he also did the music for Planescape Torment. But it does.

That Penumbra Collection interview is neat too.

News Comments > Capcom and PC Gaming
31. Re: Capcom and PC Gaming Mar 12, 2009, 14:13 Bet

Operation Flashpoint would have been far less memorable if it let you save anytime you wanted.

It did let you save anywhere you wanted, though! Once. So you had to make your one save count. Was a lot better than no quicksave as far as I'm concerned. Had to choose your save point wisely. And hope you didn't use it up right before an autosave, and thus wasting it.

Good times.

News Comments > US Soviet Assault Next Week, Console Ports Shelved
3. Re: US Soviet Assault Next Week, Console Ports Shelved Mar 3, 2009, 21:30 Bet

Damn, was hoping that the Steam version of Soviet Assault would work with my boxed CE version of WiC. What to do, what to do...

Probably means I'll have to use Direct 2 Drive then, same as for the Silent Hunter 4 expansion.

News Comments > H.A.W.X PC Demo Monday
15. Re: H.A.W.X PC Demo Monday Feb 28, 2009, 17:13 Bet

So... when is Crimson Skies 2 coming out?

Oh wait, Microsoft owns the franchise. If it ever gets made, it'll be a 360 exclusive.

I'd settle for them distributing the original online somewhere. It's a crime you can't buy a copy of Crimson Skies these days.

Was High Road to Revenge any good?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2009, 04:15 Bet

Also, sorry for being a few hours late on the Scout update for Team Fortress 2. We got caught up watching the president giving his speech, as the White House failed to coordinate things properly with Valve last night.

When will politicians learn...

1. Thief review Feb 12, 2009, 02:37 Bet

Definitely wasn't expecting that. Now I want to go back and replay it.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Feb 9, 2009, 20:13 Bet

Good to see AMD still has life yet. Those triple-core CPUs still seem odd as hell though.  

News Comments > Iron Grip: Warlord Patch & Demo
7. Re: No subject Feb 1, 2009, 16:23 Bet

So the fact that a download-only game uses online activation is not assumed? Why is that even an issue?

Perhaps he was being facetious. I hope he was at least.

News Comments > Metaverse
2. Re: Metaverse Jan 26, 2009, 22:06 Bet

Staged.

I am sure there are friends of friends that know when the vehicles will be in a certain location....

If you go west along the road (corner of Fireman Way), there are some firemen on a ladder next to a tree, rescuing a little girl's cat presumably. Street View easter eggs, apparently!

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo