Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 1.5 Patch
9. Re: The Witcher 1.5 Patch Jul 8, 2009, 17:48 Bet

This is just what the doctor ordered. I'm going to restart the game, it's been long enough now (1.5 years already? good GOD) that I've forgotten enough so that it'll be fresh again. I wish a Witcher sequel was coming out soon, instead of Assassin's Creed 2. I finally finished playing Assassin's Creed at 3 AM this morning, and it gave me a hell of a headache when I realized that I hated myself for shelling out $10 on it. On the other hand, I'll never regret the $50 I spent on The Witcher.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Details
6. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Details Jul 7, 2009, 21:14 Bet

Good for you, want a cookie? Why browse Left 4 Dead posts if you dont' want the game?

He wants us all to know how bored he is with Left 4 Dead. So we can be bored by hearing about his boredom. It's a vicious cycle.

News Comments > On Alan Wake 2 PC
9. Re: On Alan Wake 2 PC Jul 7, 2009, 21:10 Bet

WTF?????
if i remember correctly, when this game was announced and they showed a tech video preview they mentioned how the gaming was so demanding it would take a quad core processor. Am i missing something? isn't the xbox360 'old' tech by now? pff

You remember correctly, and I'm just as confused. You can optimize a game for a static hardware setup, but the way they were talking, it just wasn't going to be possible to have all the physics/graphical effects going without a state of the art DX10 system.

This news is as bad as seeing how Rockstar is raping Max Payne in the third game. Wish that game had still been in Remedy's hands, but the way it sounds, they just don't have the staff to do two games at once.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Years til Downloads Match Quality = 0 Jul 7, 2009, 07:38 Bet

Misleading title/article. You can download at Blu-ray quality at any speed so long as you wait for it, that article should be titled Years Til Streaming Matches Blu-ray Quality. You don't get a disc in your player as soon as you decide 'hey I want to watch that movie', so it's not unreasonable to assume you have the patience to wait for some amount of the movie to be downloaded before you sit down to watch it.

Perhaps you might already have the movie retained on a hard drive in a nice compressed x264 package (or an equivalent codec), so you wouldn't need to download anything at all, except maybe a DRM certificate that proves you're not a criminal so you can watch the movie.

News Comments > Direct2Drive Sales
2. Re: Direct2Drive Sales Jul 4, 2009, 16:04 Bet

Beware Oblivion - the D2D version does not work with the Oblivion Script Extender (and neither does the Steam version), which will cut you out of a lot of good mods

Really, OBSE doesn't work with the Steam version? Surprising.

News Comments > GOG.com Deals
3. Re: GOG.com Deals Jul 2, 2009, 19:55 Bet

Nice, retroactively adding games to packages people have already paid for. I've never seen steam do that.

Yeah, I'm quite honestly shocked. Steam has really lowered my standards, I expect to get screwed by every online outlet. Nice to see that GOG is an exception to the rule.

I don't even want to think about how many times I've purchased the same games on Steam because they were included in a new package deal... but no extra copies, and no cost reduction. GOG's business practices makes me question why I keep supporting Steam.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol in October
1. Re: Alpha Protocol in October Jul 2, 2009, 19:09 Bet

Looking forward to it. Hopefully I won't be broke by the time it's released!  

News Comments > id Software Interview
2. Re: id Software Interview Jul 1, 2009, 08:08 Bet

That baby seems to have your nerves rattled, Zeph.  

News Comments > Original War Patch
1. Re: Original War Patch Jun 20, 2009, 12:47 Bet

Wonder if this works on the Good Old Games version. Or what the hell it even addresses.

Edit: Oh wait, there's a changelog on Filefront under more details. This is one made by the Original War Support guys, it seems. This is version 1.10b, Blue. http://www.owsupport.com/?sect=patches

Another download location on Patches Scrolls. I need to see if this works with the GoG version. Probably does, since they say it works with the Sprocket version.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2009, 12:53.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 14, 2009, 17:04 Bet

please hurry.

Hah!

News Comments > Fallout 3 DLC in Stores
5. Re: Fallout 3 DLC in Stores May 27, 2009, 21:39 Bet

I'd like to see them fix 1.5 and the black screen of death upon exit. I mean come on atleast crash while I'm playing the game.

Yeah that's such a weird crash. Alt-F4 exits the game normally for me without an endless black screen, but when I forget to do that and use the menu option to quit, I swear a few times, then am thankful I have a second monitor to use Task Manager to kill the game manually.

News Comments > TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale
2. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 21, 2009, 20:58 Bet

Shit, this slow download speed is making me rage, I'm gonna be here all night if it goes like this...I wish Valve would smarten up and let us preload the update, because this crap happens every update.

They don't postpone the updates, do they? They have no reason to, the update rolls out as soon as it's live. The free weekeend preloaders have to apply the update same as everyone else, as far as I know.

News Comments > Killing Floor Patch, SDK
4. Re: Killing Floor Patch, SDK May 18, 2009, 01:26 Bet

Funny, was playing UT3 all today and plenty of populated servers.

Well then that bodes well for Killing Floor. The quicker new content comes out for a game, the longer lasting it is. That Titan Pack was pretty well hyped for UT3, it was like a shot of adrenaline to the game's heart. It was the first time since the week after buying the METAL BOX edition of UT3 on release day that I stopped regretting the purchase.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale May 16, 2009, 03:28 Bet

I have to agree with Cutter on this one. I picked up Kings Bounty a little bit ago and swear I put 100 hours into it. There hasn't been a game that had me addicted to playing it like that in a long, long time.

Yeah, the way I played it was the first time since Heroes of Might & Magic 2 came out that I've dumped massive time into a singleplayer game like that. Can't wait for the expansion. Just need the excuse to play it again!

News Comments > East India Company Movie
1. Re: East India Company Movie May 14, 2009, 03:30 Bet

Game is looking pretty good. Majesty 2 and East India Company from Paradox in the same quarter. Unless they're delayed again. I want Majesty 2 now  

News Comments > Zeno Clash DLC
2. Re: Zeno Clash DLC May 11, 2009, 21:04 Bet

YouTube will not be the same.

That sure is an ominous way to end the press release. Fitting though, considering the bizarreness of the models in Zeno Clash. That, and how screwed up people can make things seem with normal stuff in Garry's Mod.

Hoping for actual new content in Zeno Clash next time!

News Comments > Light of Altair Demo
4. Re: Light of Altair Demo May 11, 2009, 16:52 Bet

Looks kind of interesting though.

Yeah, the trailer has me interested, which is rare for this type of game. Says it'll be on 'leading digital distribution platforms'. Wonder if that includes Steam.

News Comments > More Sales
12. Re: More Sales May 9, 2009, 05:01 Bet

Cutter, you should check out Elven Legacy if you enjoy King's Bounty.

I actually got Fantasy Wars (precursor to Elven Legacy) with King's Bounty as part of a $40 deal on Gamersgate last year, and was amazed at how much fun I had with Fantasy Wars. I was just buying it for King's Bounty, which owns as much as Cutter says it does.

King's Bounty is definitely my favorite game of the style since Heroes of Might & Magic 2. Can't wait for the expansion.

News Comments > More Sales
6. Re: More Sales May 9, 2009, 00:05 Bet

One more question. Has the monthly subscription Live multiplayer thing changed?

Yes, the Windows Live 'subscription' is free now.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Screenshots? Updated
38. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Screenshots? May 8, 2009, 22:35 Bet

He worked on Fallout 1 and 2 so I doubt he will have resume problems.

Agreed, as far as industry vets are concerned, T-Ray (as I'll always think of him after his named character's goons stole my damn car in Fallout 2) is one of the few game artists I actually know the name of. His credibility is proven in game after game, he doesn't need to impress anyone with these shots.

My read on him posting these shots is this: not that they're to impress us, instead he's sharing what's now 'trivia' with the people that are bummed after all the recent news that the game is definitely never coming out. I thank him for that, since developers sharing information with us 'off the books' is rare enough. At least we got to see what single frames of the the game might have looked like, even if there's no context.

Nothing like reading the Fallout 3 Van Buren design documents, but still. I'm hoping he gets hit by nostalgia and boredom enough one day to compile a list of Interplay developer insider trivia. And submit it to the Mobygames database.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo