Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Aug 1, 2009, 19:26 Bet

Whoa, looking into those news archives provides a blast of nostalgia, name drop after name drop of the games of the summer of 1999. When Outcast hit stores here I wasn't even all the way through System Shock 2 yet, and that was new! Good times those were.

Been meaning to try to get Outcast running on my XP machine, even though the voxel-engine runs at some wonky low-resolution that my monitor doesn't support. Read there's a way though, and I have to try it. The game was just so...oddly satisfying.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve on Racism Accusations
19. Re: Valve on Racism Accusations Jul 31, 2009, 00:52 Bet

Not a problem, last I checked Asians were plenty in Crysis

People called racism on that, too!

News Comments > IL-2 Patch Status
5. Re: IL-2 Patch Status Jul 30, 2009, 00:41 Bet

As long as this is put through to the steam version too I am a happy chappy.

You can already apply the 4.09 beta patch to the Steam version, I'm running the patch on it with no problem. Just disable automatic updating for the game so your updated files don't get overwritten when Steam tries to decide that it knows best as far as what version to run.

News Comments > Gold - Hearts of Iron III
3. Re: Gold - Hearts of Iron III Jul 27, 2009, 13:47 Bet

Plus a bunch of interface improvements from EU3.

That'll be interesting to see. EU3 had a pretty great interface, far better than HoI 2, from my experience. Got my hopes up!

News Comments > RailWorks DLC
8. Re: RailWorks DLC Jul 24, 2009, 17:56 Bet

How can 4 DLCs be more than the original game?!

Easy! Fallout 3 is more or less there too (already is if you got it for $25 on sale). The thing is, I can't bring myself to spend $50 on the five announced Fallout 3 DLCs, and I've spent 150 hours in Fallout 3! There's just something off-putting about micro-expansions. I'd pay $30 in one go for the new content as a bundle like the Shivering Isles expansion pack, but not 5 x $10, especially since there's no way they offer the same amount of gameplay as the base game. Episodic adventures aren't what I'm looking for in an RPG either, so getting them one piece at a time isn't motivation for me to jump back in the game. Then jump back in again a month later. Then again a month or so later. Repeat ad nauseum with $10 for each occasion.

Why am I bitching about Fallout 3 DLC in this thread...oh right, just the DLC tie-in. Damn it.

News Comments > RAGE Teaser Trailer
2. Re: RAGE Teaser Trailer Jul 23, 2009, 23:33 Bet

Wait, I thought Fallout 3 was already out?

If you can get sick of post-apocalyptic settings, you have no soul.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 23, 2009, 23:29 Bet

How the hell is PvZ going to work with a gamepad? There were times I was clicking faster than Diablo.

They'll have to add in a tower that automatically collects sun, like the money magnet. I agree though, on the surface it seems like way-too-easy tower defense, but if my mouse button stopped responding halfway through a harder Survival map, I wouldn't be surprised.

News Comments > DRM-Free Retail Defense Grid
6. Re: DRM-Free Retail Defense Grid Jul 22, 2009, 20:38 Bet

They had to lay off a bunch of people due to low PC sales and last I heard they were working on the XBLA version for money to help hire those people back and expand on features/new projects.

Argh, so even when I pre-order games at full price, the developer does poorly? There goes my decade-long superstition. Oh well, I don't regret the $20 I paid to get it on Steam on release day. Very fun game.

News Comments > DRM-Free Retail Defense Grid
1. Re: DRM-Free Retail Defense Grid Jul 21, 2009, 20:35 Bet

Aspyr is kicking ass. I was surprised when my Aspyr-published copy of Men of War didn't require the disc past the installation. Then found out about their anti-DRM policy. Nice moves on their part.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. CD-Rs Jul 19, 2009, 17:45 Bet

Good to remind people every so often that the dye layers suck ASS on a lot of recordable media. Enough so that I even start to doubt my trusty Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs.

One thing to keep in mind too, though, is that the burn quality (birth of data on the disc) is an influence too. I got obsessive for a few years about making sure that my burns had ridiculously low write errors. Less than 10 PIF average, where a lot of pressed (bought off the shelf, retail data) discs have 100 PIF average.

News Comments > Dragon Age Origins Collector's Edition Bonuses
5. Re: Dragon Age Origins Collector's Edition Bonuses Jul 15, 2009, 18:19 Bet

Dang it, now even if it IS on Steam, I have to balance out whether I want the CE content. Being broke might have the advantage of forcing my hand to the non-CE version, however. Nuts. Really looking forward to this game (even though I've avoided most press coverage).  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: IGN engine article Jul 15, 2009, 15:45 Bet

That IGN article is terrible. Not a single engine from id mentioned? Source didn't even make the list? What a bunch of shills.

Source not being on the list is definitely unforgivable.

News Comments > Evening Preview
6. Re: Evening Preview Jul 15, 2009, 08:27 Bet

It's IGN, you didn't honestly expect anything else from them, did you?

I expected screenshots, at the very least. Sigh.

News Comments > Majesty 2 In September
7. Re: Majesty 2 In September Jul 14, 2009, 19:35 Bet

it's made by 1c:ino-co, so pretty much guaranteed to be super awesome.

The fact that they're including mod tools puts them ahead of most developers by default. Wonder if anyone will use them (he made them sound somewhat intimidating).

News Comments > Two DOOM 3 Mods
1. Re: Two DOOM 3 Mods Jul 14, 2009, 11:18 Bet

Checking both of these out. Was replaying Doom 3 and wishing that there were less monster closets, and more taking advantage of the (still) fairly impressive engine. These mods fit the bill perfectly. Gotta find people to get that co-op one to play with, shouldn't be too hard though. Especially now that everyone I know has systems that can run Doom 3 at 60 FPS with EVERYTHING on. Except Vsync. Vsync kills FPS for some reason...  

News Comments > Majesty 2 In September
1. Re: Majesty 2 In September Jul 14, 2009, 11:09 Bet

A delay was never announced for the game, which was announced for a Q1 2009 release

This has been bugging the hell out of me. One of the only games I wanted this year, and it keeps...sliding. Oh well, the wait will be worth it. I hope.

News Comments > Trine Patched
6. Re: Trine Patched Jul 13, 2009, 23:18 Bet

Who here remembers the side scrolling platformer for the original Playstation (not the PSone)called Pandemonium??

Trine has more then a few similarities to it and it's sequel...

They were also on Windows, and the first Pandemonium game was also on the Sega Saturn.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again
1. Re: Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again Jul 10, 2009, 19:27 Bet

The extra ammunition is an odd pre-order bonus. I don't understand. Do you start with that ammo every new game? In any case, I'll happier saving $10 in the real world, as I doubt there's any lack of weapons or ammunition in the game.

Since Sega is publishing this, I assume the Steam page for this game is going to be up shortly?

News Comments > New on GoG.Com
7. Re: New on GoG.Com Jul 10, 2009, 06:27 Bet

But not the addon, which is included in this package.

Beat me to it. The addon has been impossible to find. It was released free to owners of GC, but since they stopped selling GC, and you couldn't download the addon anymore... This is pretty great news.

News Comments > New on GameTap
7. Re: New on GameTap Jul 10, 2009, 01:30 Bet

I miss the standalone client. The browser-plugin-based style now just doesn't feel right.  

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo