Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Patch Today
10. Not very helpful Mar 15, 2010, 16:18 Bet

PunkBuster kicks with the following error message : punkbuster kicked player 'PLAYER NAME' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication.

This is a Windows Vista/Windows 7 permissions issue that affects all Punkbuster games. To solve this issue download and run PBSVC from http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Yeah, I'm not on either of those operating systems and I'm getting this problem. That pbsvc.exe fixed it once, but now it's broken again, and somewhat permanently. DICE, what the hell?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien Swarm Patch
1. Re: Alien Swarm Patch Mar 14, 2010, 19:58 Bet

Neat, a widescreen patch for an excellent mod.

Now where's that Source-based Alien Swarm?

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 8, 2010, 05:16 Bet

As they're losing market share, they're cutting legacy support? Not smart, from any angle. I'm buying an Android OS-based phone, Microsoft mobile is a joke. I'll run a PC desktop until Microsoft dies, but for phones, no way.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 5, 2010, 03:47 Bet

Good Wings of Prey review.  

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
1. Re: Sunday Screenshots Feb 28, 2010, 16:31 Bet

Those Silent Hunter screenshots are looking really nice. It's a damn shame that the DRM is going to be more of an issue than the quality of the game for a lot of people, or that the DRM will make peoples' opinions of the game worse off than they would have been otherwise.

I can't wait to play it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 27, 2010, 01:05 Bet

Wolfox wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 11:07:
That Star Wolves 3 "review" on Gamezone doesn't deserve to be called a review.
Agreed.

News Comments > More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers
1. Re: More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers Feb 25, 2010, 23:25 Bet

These new experimental units seem like they're going to be chaotically fun.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Patch
8. Re: Mass Effect 2 Patch Feb 22, 2010, 17:41 Bet

Fixed an issue where pressing F9 after the mission completion screen reset Shepard to Level 1.

This is the best part.

News Comments > Eschalon: Book II Trailer
5. Re: Eschalon: Book II Trailer Feb 22, 2010, 12:59 Bet

Reminds me of Divine Divinity for some odd reason. That's a good thing.

That night effect (plus lightning) is well done.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 17, 2010, 22:18 Bet

Damn, those are some high-res textures.  

News Comments > Shattered Horizon Free This Weekend
19. Re: Shattered Horizon Free This Weekend Feb 17, 2010, 14:13 Bet

Yeah, and I think the game came out before W7 was on sale.

Windows 7 had been in stores for two weeks before the game was released on Steam, so not quite.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Feb 13, 2010, 14:23 Bet

It -absolutely- is an unfair advantage, just like broadband was in your example. Either case is like playing a game of Monopoly where anyone who makes $100K/year gets double the normal starting cash.

Interesting analogy.

Edit: Although I do see one flaw in it. Broadband (outside of T1s or other ludicrous lines) is far more cost effective than dialup. It was more an unfair advantage in that not everyone had access to cable modems. I jumped on one as soon as it was available in my neighborhood in 1999... a one-way cable modem. 33.6K upstream via phone line, 10 megabit downstream via cable.

2-way cable users had more of an advantage, but I bridged the gap.

I got used to 150 ping until the 2-way cable hit my neighborhood.

The monopoly analogy is still interesting, through.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 3, 2010, 03:26 Bet

Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit was almost a fantastic game. The first 2/3s of the game was a lot of fun and interesting, the pacing was good, but then it completely fell apart with the AI plot line and how rushed everything was.

I'm intrigued by Heavy Rain, but I don't have a PS3, and it's not a system-moving title.

I agree with all of this, and go further to say that Omikron was one of the most innovative games of its time (and one I was glad to buy), so apparently Quantic Dream has a 100% hit rate with their games in my book. Although Omikron fizzled in areas too. I expect third time to be the charm for Quantic Dream. I'd love for Heavy Rain to be the reason for me to buy a PS3, but unfortunately it's not.

Wish it was still coming out for PC like it was originally going to be. Will be a shame if I never get the chance to play it.

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Multiplayer Details
4. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Multiplayer Details Feb 1, 2010, 23:57 Bet

Survivor sounds sort of like what this game needs: L4D-style defense. A team or either predators or marines setting up turrets and welding doors and just trying to survive a swarm of xenomorphs.

This seems like my favorite game mode from the original (the co-op), so I'm enthused that they're including it again. They said that our original favorites would be here, and they didn't lie. Easily preordered on my part, now.

News Comments > Last Word on BioShock 2 DRM, For Now
22. Re: Game Reviews Jan 23, 2010, 03:22 Bet

Can someone please explain the GFWL activations?

Microsoft is fucking you again. Plus they added DRM, Steam-style.

I don't mind it.

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Trailer
11. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Trailer Jan 21, 2010, 01:11 Bet

The polygon counts are lower than SC1, to improve performance. They say that it looks better despite that because of better textures and other effects. Dooooesn't look like it. Hopefully this is the 360 version.

Not even close to SC1, graphically. Looks like a downgrade instead of a sequel. I really hope this is just the 360 version, because the crispness, lighting, explosions, and everything else graphically that made me wow about the first game are...not there. Which is really confusing.

Even on my 3.5 year old system (now that is, however old it was at the time), it ran beautifully, with each individual aicraft causing a tiny burst of light as it crashed into the grind. A visual downgrade is not what I'm looking for.

Seeing an aircraft instantly turn into scrap with no explosions/light made me sad. Which makes me sad in turn. Being sad about such a simple thing. So sad...

News Comments > GOG.com gets Divine
4. Re: GOG.com gets Divine Oct 31, 2009, 07:06 Bet

DD is an awesome game.. it seems like it shouldnt be as deep since the combat is more diablo style and there is lots of treasure in the same way... but the quests are really well done and usually have multiple ways of doing things that actually have different results, rather than RPGs that have like 3 paths to the same goal

Good summary. I loved the game, too. Surprised the hell out of me. I expected a Diablo clone, and got some kind of treasure.

News Comments > 100 Million Need for Speed Sales
21. Re: 100 Million Need for Speed Sales Oct 22, 2009, 05:16 Bet

3, 4, and 5. Porsche Unleashed was my favorite because it was the most simulator style game of the modern ones. Then I moved onto IL-2, where I realized the real simulations were at - flight.

Great, great times with Need for Speed 3. Was the first game I loaded up on my Voodoo 2, and...oh dear lord was it sweet. So sweet. So pretty. So perfect.

News Comments > Torchlight Preorders
3. Re: Torchlight Preorders Oct 20, 2009, 21:38 Bet

Actually, in my case, I'll purchase Torchlight instead of Borderlands. It's a matter of perspective.

The perspective of most importance is multi- vs single-player. Torchlight is singleplayer only, but Borderlands is most entertaining in multiplayer.

News Comments > Naumachia: Space Warfare Revealed
3. Re: Naumachia: Space Warfare Revealed Oct 13, 2009, 19:34 Bet

Definitely looks promising. Should be fun.  

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo