Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: 5 ridiculous myths Jun 16, 2010, 15:37 Bet

Aw, here I was hating on all those top 5/10/20 lists. Then a dude references the Blood God in a way I really wasn't expecting. Finally, one that doesn't leave me feeling dirty for wasting time looking at them.

Edit: Ha, and I was expecting a motorcycle for that Hayabusa re-entry video. The link title had me curious. Two unexpectedly amusing links for my nerd heart. My favorite OotB in a while! On MrsBlue's birthday, too. Fantastic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week
13. Re: New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week Jun 14, 2010, 17:12 Bet

MattyC wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 16:51:
Though if Gran Tourismo 5 ever comes out I will get a PS3 on launch day. That will also give me a chance to play Uncharted, which is a good game but not a system seller. However, at this point, I think it is more likely they will rename GT5 Duke Nukem Forever Kart shortly after the Forza 9 launch :/
Likewise about GT5 and Uncharted. If I'm buying a PS3, I want my 'attach rate' stat tied to those two games. Really the only two games I can't get on the 360 that I'm interested in playing.

News Comments > New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week
10. Re: New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week Jun 14, 2010, 16:50 Bet

siapnar wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 16:07:
lol + cry @ first comment... my 360 has RROD'd 8 times, and I've had to fix it every time.
Now it's got the 12v fan mod so it sounds like a goddam jet engine (especially coupled with my custom 120mm fan pumping air through the top of the case)
I burst out laughing at kibbled's comment too. Your comment, however, has me wondering if I should do that as a protective measure.

Since they really are just little computers (hell, the PS3 has computer in its full name), the idea kind of fits. I sure as hell bust the fans by the half dozen on my gaming computers. No reason not to try it on a 360...

Really though. They better have fixed the RROD on this thing.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer
14. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2010, 23:09 Bet

Jerykk wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 22:33:
This is a pretty useless trailer. That said, how exactly do you make a good trailer for an RPG? You have to invest hours into an RPG before you can really start to appreciate it. Hell, the trailers for PST were just as action-packed as this one and PST was one of the best RPGs ever.

Well said. Bethesda had do to half an hour of video to get the RPG element across for Fallout 3, but still resorted to shorter hype videos like this to appeal to the short-attention-span of most people.

On top of that, all of the Fallout 3 DLC trailers were like this.

Use your heads, people.

News Comments > New Left 4 Dead 2 Mutation
2. Re: New Left 4 Dead 2 Mutation Jun 12, 2010, 19:05 Bet

effbee wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 19:00:
That doesn't sound very fun.
Has me scratching my head, quite honestly.

News Comments > Portal 2 Delayed
34. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 17:48 Bet

I'm fairly certain that their use of "an historic" just triggered my violent vomiting a few minutes ago. I now have broken blood vessels in my cheeks. They sure made an impression on me.  

News Comments > Take Two Financials - Max Payne 3 Delay
7. Re: Take Two Financials - Max Payne 3 Delay Jun 9, 2010, 02:24 Bet

Sepharo wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 02:19:
Prez wrote:
The whole noir-ish look is gone
Although I can't say I presently like the new direction, a fat balding man in South America is actually a noir trope.
Can you explain that for the ignorant ones? (IE, me.)?

News Comments > Jurassic Park Game?
4. Re: Jurassic Park Game? Jun 8, 2010, 22:09 Bet

Sepharo wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 22:05:
Doc4 wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 21:42:
Whew! That took a while to type. Now to move my mouse down to the bottom of this page and click on "Post Comment". Let me just swing my horrific looking right arm over here in the vicinity of my mouse. If I'm lucky, I'll smack into it after just a few more tries. Almost got it. Hit a key to grab the mouse. Missed. Hitting the key again. Oops, forgot to rotate my wrist 270 degrees to the left. Got it! Now carefully move it across the mouse pad and - damn! Keyboard knocked it out of my hand. I just need to simply swing this twisted-in-ways-God-never-intended appendage around again. Almost got it...

I'm missing the reference, but funny (sad?) nonetheless.

He's describing the typical way of interacting with objects in Trespasser. Surprisingly enough, you can get quite used to the weird controls. Bizarre things continue to happen from time to time, however.

News Comments > Take Two Financials - Max Payne 3 Delay
2. Re: Take Two Financials - Max Payne 3 Delay Jun 8, 2010, 22:07 Bet

Cram wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 21:18:
A good friend of mine works at RS Vancity. I try asking anything about MaxPayne 3, or his job, and the mood of the conversation just changes (negatively); NDA aside he just doesn't want to talk about it or his job in any way. I get the impression there's some weird shit going on with this game and that Rockstar location. Meh, I hope the game turns out well.

Since it wasn't being made by Remedy in the first place, my expectations of it being a fun game were slim. Now they're nonexistent.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 8, 2010, 02:30 Bet

ASeven wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 22:57:
Bet wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 22:08:
ASeven wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 19:51:
Pc gaming is dead PC gaming is dead!! Dead dead dead oh wait!
It's even more dead now that Steam is on Macs. Deader than dead. Zombie-like, even.

If a computer becomes a zombie, what does it feed of?

I'm suddenly scared that my computer is right next to my legs...

News Comments > Kings and Castles Video Blog
3. Re: Kings and Castles Video Blog Jun 7, 2010, 22:11 Bet

kxmode wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 20:54:
I think the high five is the best part. Awesome! Highfive
Chris Taylor making the toking up sign is probably the funniest thing that will be in this entire video blog. Guy is bonkers. Gotta love him.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 7, 2010, 22:08 Bet

ASeven wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 19:51:
Pc gaming is dead PC gaming is dead!! Dead dead dead oh wait!
It's even more dead now that Steam is on Macs. Deader than dead. Zombie-like, even.

News Comments > Half-Life E3 Tease Faked
24. Re: Half-Life E3 Tease Faked Jun 7, 2010, 17:17 Bet

osage no onna wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 15:44:
No, it didn't.

According to MobyGames it did.

Xbox 360: 10.10.2007

Windows: 18.10.2007

Can't say I care either way, though.
Er, what? Following those links, it's the 10th of October for both releases. Steam worldwide release, at least.

News Comments > I Hate Mountains for L4D
7. Re: I Hate Mountains for L4D Jun 7, 2010, 17:09 Bet

Drezden wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 16:02:
Killing Floor is absolutely teeeeeerrible. The aiming alone is pathetic and makes the game almost unplayable. Me and the same group of guys I play with to dominate through both L4D games just absolutely hated everything about KF.

You must have the same problem with aiming in Red Orchestra, then. Once you get a feel for it, you don't need to look down the weapon sights. Getting headshots without looking down the sights becomes pretty easy with practice.

L4D has no challenge, unfortunately. Versus is dead (waited practically an hour to start a L4D 2 versus campaign not long ago), and co-op is a waste of time once you've played the campaigns more than a few times.

Which is why mods like this are great. Variety in L4D is good.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2010, 19:29 Bet

A moment of silence gone awry?  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 6, 2010, 18:55 Bet

born2expire wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 15:14:
ughhhhh anyone but Whedon, he writes the worst dialogue known to man.

I could see John Hillcoat doing a half Life movie at least he would understand the pacing, and he seems to have an interest in games.
I'm sure Joss Whedon's role in a movie based on a Valve game would be limited to directing. Erik Wolpaw will surely be doing dialogue on the screenwriting team from Valve.

News Comments > Why Didn't You Buy GSB?
60. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 06:57 Bet

Reactor wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 05:37:
Are you asking because of the thread from a little while back?
Indeed I am. Indie development catches me by surprise, often. Cliff's Democracy 2 has had me enamored for quite a while, but your (Reactor's) development seems to be even more low-key than his. Unfortunate for you both.

Quality games are few and far between. Positech Games is a great studio (even if it is only one man, fundamentally). Just wondering what else we're missing out on.

And not to slight Cliff's oriented post... when's Democracy 3 coming our way, man? You have a good formula there. Or is that series over and done?

56. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 05:13 Bet

Reactor wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 03:35:
You're kidding me.

Yes, I am kidding you.
You had me for a second. Minnesota's culture is out of control, with the new artistic funding in full swing. Thought I'd missed a turn of artistic culture for a second. What indie studio (if I may ask so bluntly) are you?

And for my repsonse to the game - it was too hands off. I prefer real time games like Company of Heroes/Starcraft. I need to be able to respond to the failures of the units under my command. It's too frustrating to just watch and not be able to do anything. A note to cliff I respect that that's not what your game is about. I expect nothing to change. Just saying that's why I haven't purchased it.

Combat Mission's We/go system is the extent of hands-off I'm accustomed to. Sixty seconds of uselessness on my part is the most I can stand. Watching a disaster unfold without being to correct is is unbearable. Call me obsessive, because I am. Can always go and redesign the ships to tackle the mission again, but that's not how I'm oriented.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Trailers
25. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Trailers Jun 6, 2010, 04:44 Bet

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 23:32:
It'd be funny if New Vegas had an excellent story, but people skipped it because they decided it resembled FO3 too much. That'd just tell Bethesda to make more games like FO3.

Won't happen, because New Vegas is exactly like Fallout 3. If it fails, it means they need a complete rewrite of Fallout 3 as whole.

Obsidian is playing this brilliantly. If the game fails, it's doubtful it's because of the story. It's because Fallout 3's new mechanics over Fallout 1/2 were a one-hit-wonder, so to speak.

If it calls for a rewrite, well... it sure won't be like Fallout 3.

50. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 02:54 Bet

Reactor wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 02:46:
just a really modern poem.
You're kidding me.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo