Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted
17. Re: Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted Sep 4, 2010, 18:33 Bet

Prez wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 17:13:
The bile and vitriol that Stardock gets from gamers is far in excess of what their sins, past and present, deserve. Personally I am very saddened by this news and now am deeply concerned about the viability of the company overall. While the haters would inexplicably revel in it, the loss of Stardock would be a terrible blow to PC gaming in my opinion.
I was thinking the same thing, though not quite as eloquently as you.

This is a depressing mess.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Looking Glass Interview
3. Re: Looking Glass Interview Sep 1, 2010, 12:02 Bet

Kajetan wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 11:38:
Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 11:27:
This makes absolutely BRILLIANT sense. I'm glad the game industry is in such capable hands. After all, higher revenue plus no profit is better than lower revenue plus profit.
You're right. Many publishers seek for the potential higher revenue of console games, because the investors demand potential higher profits. And the investors follow only the principles of the stock market, where solid and steady, self-sufficient "money making" has no place, where promises of profit are more worth than actual existing profit.

So, if you're a small publisher, an indie dev, you can make a good living by making PC games for a specified niche audience. And they can thank the gods, because the majors have mostly left the PC market.

And concerning the interview: very good read, but i had to copy the text to OpenOffice and reformat it, so that i could read it without risking my eye sight

After considering the truth in this, how can anyone say 'greed is good' with a straight face?

News Comments > Paradox on PC Gaming
8. Re: Paradox on PC Gaming Aug 31, 2010, 17:43 Bet

Grendle wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 17:36:
Bet wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 17:23:
Prez wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 16:29:
We probably had moonbases and anti gravity devices a million years ago and completely forgot..

Nah, it was only 150,000 years ago. Didn't you watch Scy-fy's Battlestar Galactica?
Wait, where does Star Wars fit into that timeline?
It doesn't.
But...but...George Lucas said...

Aww damn it. Things were simpler when Ron Moore was working on Star Trek instead of allegory.

I'm going to go play a PC game. Space Rangers sounds good right now, in fact.

News Comments > Paradox on PC Gaming
6. Re: Paradox on PC Gaming Aug 31, 2010, 17:23 Bet

Prez wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 16:29:
We probably had moonbases and anti gravity devices a million years ago and completely forgot..

Nah, it was only 150,000 years ago. Didn't you watch Scy-fy's Battlestar Galactica?
Wait, where does Star Wars fit into that timeline?

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2010, 17:22 Bet

Wow, that image on the Ars article is so fitting for the absurd quotes contained therein. It's...perfect. Well done, Mr. Anderson.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 31, 2010, 16:39 Bet

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 14:06:
All it ever took to overclock a PC was extra money, a willingness to break something, and maybe an hour of research. The article's author seems to think it was a big accomplishment that other people cared about.

Not even extra money, all of the time. I overclocked my midrange C2D CPU by 30% the day I got it with the stock cooler. A part of the reason I got it, I suppose, but 4 years later it's still performing amazingly.

Although I did spend a bit more on the motherboard just to make sure the overclock was stable, now that I think about it...

Either way, turned a $350 processor into a $1000 processor equivalent (which wasn't as overclockable) the day I got it. Not bad.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Grow Valley Aug 25, 2010, 16:46 Bet

The new Grow game is a ton of fun. Grow RPG still holds my heart, but this comes close.  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Demo
4. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 16:15 Bet

Wolfen wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 14:02:
Its published / developed by Ubi, whom implement that drm, so I wont buy it if it has it or not. =)
That's pretty harsh. Why damn the game for the prior sins of the publisher?

Reform is possible. Otherwise we wouldn't have prison sentences, we'd simply execute every person convicted of a felony.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Budget Deficit Aug 24, 2010, 13:33 Bet

Legalizing something which brings in considerable tax revenue helps the deficit??? How could this happen?!

It's ludicrous that substances like alcohol and tobacco are legal when marijuana is not, especially considering that governments should love the idea of raking in taxes on commercially sold marijuana. It surely isn't worse than either of those other two, and I've heard some pretty compelling arguments about how it's a better bad-for-you substance. Not to mention seeing the devastation that tobacco and alcohol can bring to people's lives, firsthand.

Such insanity in this world.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Ace Combat shots Aug 12, 2010, 01:45 Bet

Those screenshots are looking very promising. Very promising indeed.  

News Comments > H.A.W.X. 2 Pre-purchases
2. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Pre-purchases Aug 12, 2010, 01:36 Bet

Wildone wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 22:20:
Why do people bother with these games, your just virtually flying around a weightless camera with no flight dynamics to speak of, and the graphics still dont match up the 3 year old last Ace Combat game..so very meh

It's kind of sad that this is all we can get at this point. Really sad. Freelancer 2 directory, where are you!

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
35. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 10, 2010, 16:35 Bet

tony wrote on Aug 10, 2010, 13:42:
For Nvidia users wanting to go with medium/high physx settings.

I have confirmed that without a simple fix the game will offload gpu-accelerated physx effects onto the CPU.

You must uninstall your current physx version, then under C: \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mafia ii - public demo\3rd, install the version of physx there.

On my gtx260 216, with physx on medium, my average frame rate went up from 23 to 30 by doing this.
Thanks for this, will make a note to do it on my identical videocard.

News Comments > THQ Financials
4. Re: THQ Financials Aug 10, 2010, 00:52 Bet

Esoteric wrote on Aug 10, 2010, 00:27:
They were stupid to get rid of Iron Lore Entertainment.
What makes you say that?

News Comments > Did MW2 Crib From Homefront?
14. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 19:51 Bet

Fion wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 18:31:
Yea I can see where he is coming from. I mean, using a laser pointer to paint a target to be bombarded, you never see that movies or other games.
You'd certainly never see it in real life, that's for sure!

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Demoscene Aug 9, 2010, 18:49 Bet

The demoscene never ceased to amaze me. It still gets me excited. Raw talent on display like that? The chiptunes are my favorite part, though, by far.  

General Discussion > Bluesnews on Wikipedia
2. Re: Bluesnews on Wikipedia Aug 4, 2010, 23:50 Bet

Sepharo wrote on Aug 4, 2010, 20:25:
Do you guys have anything worthwhile?
Your argument in the link you posted below raises a fair number of points that seem to make it noteworthy.

Blues is one of the only places I know that has complete news archives going back so far. There are so many articles in this database that contain information about games that's gone from the rest of the net that it's heartbreaking... up until I remember I can read it here, that is.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2010, 17:54.

News Comments > GameStop Acquires Kongregate
5. Re: GameStop Acquires Kongregate Jul 27, 2010, 17:45 Bet

Creston wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 11:34:
Please, dear God, don't let them buy Steam. Please please please please please....

Creston
They could never afford Steam!

News Comments > Valve Un-Bans Players, Offers Freebies
8. Re: Valve Un-Bans Players, Offers Freebies Jul 26, 2010, 23:35 Bet

Nameless Again wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 23:05:
Holy crap! I can't wait to see what I get for the failed delivery on all the content they promised for the original Left 4 Dead!!

(...rips off old scab, then douses it with lemon juice...)
Now that's how you do sadism!

News Comments > StarCraft II Midnight Launch
2. Re: StarCraft II Midnight Launch Jul 26, 2010, 22:33 Bet

So what are the odds of getting a copy in a suburb if you didn't preorder and don't feel like showing up too early to get a choice spot in line, presuming there's a line at the Gamestop you're showing up at?  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 26, 2010, 21:22 Bet

Hyatus wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 13:27:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 12:53:
Auto-aim is a joke indeed.

But mouse/keyboard is not the only way to accurately control a game anymore. If pointing devices like the Wiimote get accurate enough then there's no reason that console games won't storm full-bore into the "hardcore" FPS and RTS genres.

The first generation of motion pointers is still a little rough for that, but the second or third generation? Maybe not so much.

The problem with motion pointers is that my arms get tired after awhile. There's not really a way to fix that.

No, the best thing would be a brain implant that knows what you are thinking. Until then, k+m for me.
Don't your arms get more in shape the more you use them?

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo