Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 5
15. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 5 Jun 8, 2012, 22:29 Bet

Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 02:17:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 00:55:
Ouch, someone's having a bad day.

Blaming women for living in a society and time when the only way they can survive and feed their childeren is to be exploited? It's not like women haven't been exploited through out time for the sexual pleasure of men who had the power to either beat, buy and/or enslave them.

At this moment in time, all of us bullshitting, right here right now...there has never been a worst time than now for Slavery. Is it their fault for being hungry, having dreams of escaping poverty just to be lied to and mislead into sexual slavery? And btw, they complain when it's safe i.e. they won't lose their job or in other cases their life.

Get some sleep, bro.

Wtf? Slavery? You high or something right now?
I believe he's implying 'wage slavery' is occurring, or something like it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event
7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 8, 2012, 16:39 Bet

Scheherazade wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 19:52:
I enjoy the gameplay.
The unlocks are unnecessary, imo.
Even though I have everything unlocked 10/10 (other than the black cards - which are too rare to worry about), so I don't really care about the unlock system.
I just play for fun.

I do wish they had a L4D style versus mode, where one team controls the monsters, and you take turns with two rounds.

-scheherazade

Gold difficulty finds the basic assault rifle, the M-8, lacking in firepower severely.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC
55. Re: On Sale Jun 7, 2012, 18:56 Bet

Prez wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 11:15:
ASeven wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 10:42:

I think Molyneux finally, really lost it. Oh how I wish he became the same Molyneux that made Populous and Powermonger and Syndicate, you know, an actual sane person.

LOL, yeah. Ole' Pete has certainly gotten weirder and weirder as time has gone on.
Laughing my ass off. The best part of this is that Blue's chronological search lets us refresh a large part of our collective memory of his descent into madness, kind of like a good book. Or should I say, excellent, top-notch game story?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 6, 2012, 15:20 Bet

Necrophob wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 09:40:
Oh man, how I hate AT&T.

I had their DSL for a few years. When I moved to a new city, they said "sure, our DSL is available there". It took a couple of weeks for them to finally admit that it wasn't yet available in that area, and they told me I could cancel my contract with no penalty.

Come next month's bills, surprise surprise, there's a $200 cancellation fee. I call AT&T, and they say they'll fix it. Come next month, there's the $200 fee plus a penalty and a notice saying it's going to collections. Call them again, they say they'll fix it. That night, my phone (with AT&T) is cut off, as is my cell phone (it was with Cingular, but AT&T was in the process of buying them).

Fark AT&T.
Business as usual!

Really though, that should have warranted an FCC intervention. It's probably been too long now, but the boot comes down hard when you get screwed like you did.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2012, 18:31 Bet

Cutter wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 11:47:
Made of carbon fibre, the giant plane is the size of an Airbus A340 but only weighs as much as an average family car, according to its creators

How expensive was it to make? How fast does it fly? How much energy did it take to produce it?

Hey! There's an owl outside my window! Haven't seen one in a long time. He's hooting away like Hootie and the Blowfish!
For the savings in sound alone (causing/worsening hypertension for those that live up/downwind of airports, among a myriad of other health problems), the price in social savings would be worth it if they could get it working for passenger flights. As for lack of reliance on fossil fuels, that part is inevitably more important every day.

Minneapolis International airport just launched a pilot study, a first in this country at least, for just how bad the effects on health from airport-related noise. The Airport Commission has announced that they're worried that they might get pummeled financially by the results (and punished unfairly as the only airport in this country to have the guts to run a study like this, and the FAA adopting the policy of hear no evil/see no evil in spite of the study). At least if they don't rig the results like they've been successfully sued about within the last few years, we might soon know more about the health effects that Europeans already know a small amount more than we do.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 5, 2012, 13:05 Bet

MajorNelson wrote:
Imagine meeting up with a boss in “Ascend” and seeing all the necessary details appear on your phone to help defeat it

Kind of like...pressing the search soft-button on your phone, taking 2 seconds to swyping game name + gamefaqs...

Yeah, been doing that for 3 years, minus the swype. Good 'upcoming feature'.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. macman Jun 4, 2012, 13:41 Bet

So they went from innovative names like Performa, Quadra, PowerMac to...MacMan? iMac seems like just as much of a downgrade with MacMan thrown in there. Eeesh.

I also can't believe that Jobs would ever be serious about that name.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: You're wrong and an idiot. Jun 3, 2012, 20:44 Bet

crypto wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 19:30:
jackplg wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 18:47:

By the way, Blue, the victory for you is that my message will be displayed for many hours in total on your website, but also that you are restricting more and more IP addresses of trolls that can access the site and adding more keyword blocks to what jerks can write. You Rock!! As you can see, I had a great a time getting all my gaming news here. Plus you are a great admin spending your time by constantly monitoring the site to see if idiots have used it.

So, enjoy your victory! I am sure that your users, your wife, and your sweet dogs will thank you for all the time you spent trying to stop the display of a single hate message, I love you. Thumbsup

+1
I can't help but think how much happier that guy would be if those were really the emotions he actually had for this site

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
25. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 3, 2012, 11:49 Bet

Tom wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 10:18:
Left, right, what difference does it make. They're all a bunch of crooks.
If only not voting fixed everything. 40-50% of the American populace put in a vote of 'no confidence' every 4 years. And what is it now, 11% approval rating for congress?

We're winning! Wait...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 31, 2012, 19:05 Bet

Good news from the video card front.  

News Comments > CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced
8. Re: CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced May 30, 2012, 16:53 Bet

Kastagir wrote on May 30, 2012, 15:49:
...will be developed...

I guess we won't be seeing this anytime soon then. I'm surprised it isn't already in development, or perhaps this is a translation error.
Ouch, good catch (not good for release date though). Hopefully it's the latter.

News Comments > 38 Studios Closed?
86. Re: 38 Studios Closed? May 25, 2012, 15:08 Bet

Verno wrote on May 25, 2012, 10:21:
This thread at SA has a ton of damning info about the 38 Studios demise and what a scumbag Curt turned out to be. I thought he was a genuine enthusiast but apparently he used some of that taxpayer money to pay off a personal credit line of his own and there's some other interesting allegations. It's a nice collection of info spread out from when the scandal started to now.
Funny how people at SA can stay on topic and blame the person responsible (unlike Thundr or Mashiki)
ElwoodCuse wrote:
by the way, Curt Schilling is also a loudmouth hypocritical right-wing shithead who is opposed to taxes and the government spending money on anything
And yet look at what he's wrought.

Please, people. Think harder about who you should really be angry at. Psst, it's not the guy at the 'top'.

News Comments > Republique Funded
14. Re: Republique Funded May 13, 2012, 10:30 Bet

Dmitri_M wrote on May 12, 2012, 17:15:
nin wrote on May 12, 2012, 13:16:
Between this and Starlight, I guess this is proof there's something for everyone on KS.

Starlight was funded?? Good grief that makes me think there's just the right amount of gullible people online to cause this KS phenomenon to fall flat on it's face a year or two from now.
Well it can't be a worse game than SOL: Exodus that was released on Steam not that long ago. Really, it can't.

News Comments > Binary Domain Demo
8. Re: Binary Domain Demo May 12, 2012, 16:06 Bet

nin wrote on May 12, 2012, 13:13:
Thought it looked ok (by no means great), but the Total Biscuit video totally killed any interest for me.

The mouse controls in particular seemed wonky. Almost like instead of doing mouse controls, they basically mapped gamepad movement to the mouse. IE, the camera would turn faster and faster, the closer you moved the mouse to the edge of the screen (not unlike how some console FPS games accelerate camera movement as you push the stick further in a given direction). As a result, if you moved the mouse too far, you got these wild camera fits as it spun around in a circle at several hundred miles an hour.

Between that, and extremely clunky dialogue that felt right at home in the first resident evil game (AKA, who translated this shit?), it would have to be a $5 steam purchase at this point.

edit: Oh, and TB said the tutorial was an hour long and was easily the most boring part of the game. So if you do buy it (god help you), expect to play more than an hour before things get interesting.

Geez, from the Total Biscuit vid, by the Valve doctrine of game development and storytelling, then the developers are guilty of cutscene crimes on the order of capital offenses and deserving exile.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake’s American Nightmare This Month
13. Re: PC Alan Wake’s American Nightmare This Month May 9, 2012, 15:57 Bet

Beelzebud wrote on May 9, 2012, 11:22:
Hmm it's almost like PC gaming isn't dead, and that PC gamers buy games. Whodathunkit?

Maybe now we won't be treated like 2nd class citizens.... ...as much.
Better knock on wood, we're the hated stepchildren of the gaming world. Next time a prettier platform comes along we'll be shoved back into the closet and told we're nothing again.

That is, if we're being regarded as more than a temporary source of bailout income for the time being.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Announced
13. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Announced May 7, 2012, 11:52 Bet

Dmitri_M wrote on May 7, 2012, 11:38:
I don't think you're going to get too much of a deviation from the original titles. Neither in terms of tech or gameplay. Which is kinda what bothers me, I want to see some advances not just a cash in. They tried that already with the online version.

It's too early to be pessimistic about it, and from what I've read it seems they are attempting to develop things. I'll believe it when I see it though.
The online version was a break-off attempt to bring the non-piratable Asian version to the relatively low piracy base outside of Asia, not just an attempt for money. Was worth a shot, but it lived as long as it did because of its failures compared to the Real Thing.

CoH was revolutionary in 2006, and still is, with the deformable terrain and building destruction. To create a game that makes Starcraft 2 look dated, all they need to do is...refine it. And not even much at that, since Starcraft 2 barely brought anything new to the table more than a decade later.

Matchmaking is the only thing I really appreciate more in SC2 over CoH right now (and the massively larger playerbase which makes it so much easier to get a game going).

Out of curiosity, what would you suggest they advance?

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Announced
9. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Announced May 7, 2012, 11:31 Bet

ASeven wrote on May 7, 2012, 11:07:
Please please please make this live up to the original and not make CoH2 as a DoW2 game.
Considering CoH was nearly perfection (logged 500+ hours in multiplayer), not only do I agree with you, but I'd think they have to be insane to mess with the formula.

Creston's point about the Red Army dilemmas were the point of much discussion while in game lobbies. The commander trees could be hilarious, let alone what kind of unit pool they can pull from.

Edit: It should be noted that a lot of DoW 2's awkwardness came from adapting DoW to be more like CoH in multiplayer, so hopefully there won't be an issue of them screwing up the multiplayer.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 11:23 Bet

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 7, 2012, 10:58:
I dislike that I am an AT&T customer.

Unfortunately, where I live, they are pretty much the only game in town if you want more than one bar of Edge service.
Wonder how many people like their wireless carrier. I absolutely loathe being a Verizon subscriber, but their 4G LTE service is the first mobile network with speeds that don't leave me tapping my foot in impatience (having been accustomed to at least cable modem speed since 1999).

Seems like they're actually doing something for the public good by pointing users to 4G android devices in this instance, if not just themselves. I say that now, before they need to step up and do the first upgrades to their LTE hardware. Time will tell if they pull an AT&T and oversell their bandwidth, even with the no-brainer evolutionary promise that LTE provides. Still costs $$$ to raise the bar down the road...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 May 7, 2012, 07:30 Bet

spindoctor wrote on May 6, 2012, 17:25:
Game doesn't even have a release date yet. And Diablo 3 is right around the corner. They should be thanking their lucky stars that they are even charting on the top sellers list.
We have a winner! Diablo 3 is a mere week away, in the same exact genre as Torchlight 2 (down to the simple game mechanics), Torchlight being on that list is nothing short of a miracle (and a lot of support for the underdog among fans) considering the competition it's facing.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 4, 2011, 23:25 Bet

What a refreshing bit of news this is!  

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo