Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Risen 2 Demo
5. Re: Risen 2 Demo Jun 24, 2012, 22:11 Bet

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 21:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 20:28:
Not sure if it's just me or my taste in games lately, but finding it very MEH.

Pretty much everyone felt that way, and it was compounded with the then pre-patch combat mechanics with the inability to do simple things like dodge. Even post-patch with dodging, it still hasn't made combat any more fun or engaging.
And the three sets of on-disc DLC!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead State Kickstarter Funded
21. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Funded Jun 23, 2012, 20:35 Bet

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 20:03:
It's interesting that they can break down their costs for particular parts of the game that specifically.
I think Brian Mitsoda knows quite well how much his gaming industry colleagues are willing to work for on contract. I trust this game to launch more than any other kickstarter so far.

News Comments > Nuclear Union Announced
12. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 23, 2012, 20:04 Bet

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 16:25:
The DigitalMindSoft Men of War games have been good, the Best Way ones have been pretty bad. Although Best Way co-developed the first Men of War, which was great, and they also made Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, the first game in the series, which was great. But they ALSO made Faces of War, the second game in the series, which sucked.

So in conclusion this will probably (but not definitely) suck.
Faces of War didn't suck, it was a carbon copy of S:HoWW2 with an actual working internet co-op mode in. Are you going off metacritic or something?

News Comments > Dead State Kickstarter Funded
17. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Funded Jun 23, 2012, 19:49 Bet

nin wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 19:01:
zombiefan wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 15:17:
I guess it was only a matter of time before the DLC/nickel-and-diming mentality hit Kickstarter too.

Yeah, who the fuck uses stretch goals?

Er, wait...

The entire post from the poster name down doesn't make sense. zombiefan bashing potentially good/great zombie game stretch goals adding more goodness/greatness. WTF?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2012, 18:52 Bet

ASeven wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 16:31:
How dare the people influence the process of democracy? How dare they?!?!
That's not sarcasm in the halls of legislature. Otherwise there would be more than one in four dumbasses supporting their legislators.

Or is it one in ten now?

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
5. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 21:14 Bet

This is depressing. Pay to win by definition. Just...damn.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk Learns Learning from The Witcher
3. Re: Cyberpunk Learns Learning from The Witcher Jun 18, 2012, 19:22 Bet

nin wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 18:50:
Man, I hope this is good. I have no reason to think it won't be, but fingers crossed anyway.

The only thing not good so far is that it's just not released yet. That's a good sign.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 16, 2012, 19:41 Bet

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 13:46:
Haven't played Payday in a while - should reinstall it. Game is infuriating. heheeh
Get the second unlock for the 308. Reflex sight, like 10 levels into the tree. Easy mode after that.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 15, 2012, 21:57 Bet

How was this Kotaku writer not aware that the Payday devs were working with the L4D devs? Seriously? Did their own site not cover that story?

Just...seriously?

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire
39. Re: Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire Jun 15, 2012, 21:10 Bet

Max Payne isn't Max Payne without Remedy at the helm.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 15, 2012, 18:26 Bet

Surely they changed their advertising to avoid slamming Windows. I mean, it's not like they ran TV ads for years making sometimes tenuous attacks. They must be softening their stance towards their competitors.

Nothing to do with Mac viruses at all. Not at all.

Apple is just a big ol friendly company now!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: New Internet Explorer 7 Tax Jun 15, 2012, 17:31 Bet

jimnms wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 17:07:
Kitkoan wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 16:21:
So punish IE users who still use a perfectly good computer that's just too slow to use a more modern browser?
The "buy a newer computer or pay more" tax?

Older computers are perfectly capable of running modern browsers. My sister's old ass 1.6GHz Celeron w/ 640MB of RAM runs Firefox and IE9.

Anyone running IE 7 and lower needs to upgrade regardless if it's expensive to code websites for. MS no longer supports them, which means no security updates, which means they're systems are vulnerable.

Putting a simple notice on websites warning users that their browser is outdated and my not work on the site probably doesn't get taken serious by lazy computer users that don't keep their shit up to date, but if it's going to cost them more money I bet they'll take a few minutes to update.
How is that piece of celery still running???

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2012, 17:18 Bet

Jonny wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 17:02:
Relativism doesn't require that you accept everything, it just requires that you accept your morality is *your* morality only and isn't inherently superior to someone else's because it's rubberstamped by a god.
There's at least two billion deaf ears that that logical argument falls upon.

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Teaser
12. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Teaser Jun 15, 2012, 17:09 Bet

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 22:25:
The name reminds me of a NIN song title.
And doesn't that make you feel better? The pigs have won tonight.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2012, 16:01 Bet

That guy seems surprised that the trampoline broke. Why?  

News Comments > Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts
6. Re: Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts Jun 15, 2012, 00:04 Bet

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 00:00:
Regardless of how you feel about D3, a 230% rise in sales should be enough to shut those fucking PC and Piracy doomsayers up for a bit.
Shocked that it was ONLY 230% rise on the PC end, considering it sold so damn many copies. You'd think it would blow the average completely out of the water.

News Comments > Rune Classic on Steam
5. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 15, 2012, 00:01 Bet

Asmo wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 23:35:
But does it work on win 7 64 bit?

I haven't seen much about Steam pulling a GoG and making older games compliant with new OS's.
Pretty sure it runs just fine (tough Unreal engine). Probably need to meddle with some settings to make it shine like it can, though. Been a while since doing that manually with a first-gen Unreal engine game...

News Comments > Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts
4. Re: Great... Jun 14, 2012, 23:54 Bet

JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 21:22:
So they can afford to put in minimap customizaton now!
Lol, but they have so many excuses why that money can't fix it ok. It's not modular, and no amount of money can change that!

News Comments > Citizens Bank Sues Curt Schilling
4. Re: Citizens Bank Sues Curt Schilling Jun 14, 2012, 22:32 Bet

Court documents indicate Schilling also personally guaranteed a $1.5 million line of credit from Middlesex Savings Bank of Natick. He also used his personal gold coin collection to help obtain a loan from Bank Rhode Island, a unit of Brookline Bancorp. in Brookline, for an unspecified amount, according to records.

In all, Schilling told the Providence Journal last month, he guaranteed $12 million in loans for the company, in addition to investing $38 million directly.

How much did he get paid as pitcher, again?

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
55. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 19:41 Bet

Dades wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 19:24:
What the hell, it sounds like your minimap is like twice the size of mine, are you playing on a 30"?

The minimap scales to any resolution. Changing the minimap size is a pretty basic feature in most hack and slash games these days. Some people don't like playing with default keybindings either. Ideally I like seeing as little of the user interface as possible.
Ahhh I finally see, the map itself is taking up a huge corner of my widescreen monitor, but it's also zoomed in really far. Gives me the effect that it's tiny because it's showing such little information, and mostly out of prime eyeshot so I look through it/ignore it. It could be smaller and show the same amount just as easily (it would look a ton better too).

Argh it bothers me now too and I don't know why.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo