Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 11, 2012, 04:00 Bet

WyldKat wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 03:40:
Needs more lens flare, I could still see the actors.
They topped the new Star Trek by an order of magnitude, impressive. I'm watching these wondering what point the producers killed the idea of it as a series... a fun guessing game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 6, 2012, 10:19 Bet

Since we're seeing the decline of Apple a second time, I wonder how many heads this hydra has.  

News Comments > Free Battlefield 1942
38. Re: Free Battlefield 1942 Nov 6, 2012, 08:05 Bet

GoGamer had this on sale practically the first week it was out for (punnily clever) $19.42 and free shipping, bought a few copies for friends and myself. Too bad they couldn't compete with digital distribution, but Steam sales have taken up the slack of cash saving game deals.

Enemy submarine spotted!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2012, 10:39 Bet

nin wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 10:29:
I liked the picture quality better when I compared the screens at Worst Buy...

I so wouldn't put it past the BB folks to tweak the picture to match what they want to sell you.

Plus most displays have a mode that are specifically for 'floor showing', basically oversaturating/overbrightness. Makes it easy for stores to set it up that way. Ruins the display to the point that the manuals specifically tell you 'don't use this or it'll break early'.

Edit: Damn I was reading that Slashdot thread a lot longer than I thought, heh. Beamer beat me to all the points.

News Comments > Hawken's 10M Player Target
11. Re: Hawken's 10M Player Target Nov 5, 2012, 10:33 Bet

Their target is Asia, then.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2012, 08:29 Bet

Hey look everyone, a fancy giant plane is finally in the skies!

Someone wake up Howard Hughes. I think he'd like to see this. Just don't let him bite you.

News Comments > Stronghold HD Games & Patches Released
2. Re: Stronghold HD Games & Patches Released Nov 2, 2012, 04:41 Bet

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 03:27:
I assume it zooms out for "HD" like most pixel games. This looks nice but breaks gameplay in pretty much every game I have tried it with (IE games, Fallout, etc).
They kept the size ratio intact, you can see it in the screenshots on the website they linked.

Steam patches are forthcoming, apparently.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2012, 01:54 Bet

That Apollo systems control link is pretty great.

mag wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 01:44:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 22:55:
WOW!

Did you guys see the price of CoD Black Ops 2?

Pre-Purchase Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops II
$59.99 ADD TO CART

Pre-Purchase Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops II Digital Deluxe Edition
$79.99 ADD TO CART

Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops II Season Pass
$49.99 ADD TO CART

HOLY SHIT!

If you don't want to be booted from a game, you have to spend $130.00 up front!!!

I've never played a CoD. What do you mean? You can get booted from games for not ponying up for the Deluxe Edition?
If you skip the Season Pass, you definitely will if it switches to a map you don't have.

News Comments > HD Upgrades Free for Stronghold & Stronghold Crusader Owners
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2012, 07:54 Bet

Golwar wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 07:18:
If Rigs wouldn't have commented, I'd wonder how crazy the folks here are. At least the very first Stronghold game was good, no doubt about that. Well at least it was a hit here in Germany, I remember how pretty much every strategy gamer in the university used to play it.

And according to GOG we weren't alone.
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/stronghold
The first one was very good. Still got it installed, though I never played it more than a few minutes on this machine because of the resolution cap. Hopefully Steam gets the patches soon.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 22:51 Bet

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 22:40:
More importantly it will be competing with Watchdogs, which IS getting a PC release and looks much better than the terrible GTAV trailer that Rockstar put out.
Now there is a very good point. Forgot about Watchdogs.

58. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 30, 2012, 22:04 Bet

Election's over.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2012, 07:58.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 21:43 Bet

ItBurn wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 21:28
uite disappointed that there's no mention of the PC version.
There were so many "PC" comments that they had to add this message in bright orange:
"Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time. Anyone that continues to spam the comments section will have their commenting privileges suspended." [/quote:

Wow. They never mention the PC version in these announcements for some reason, but that response is really pathetic.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta
20. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Oct 30, 2012, 16:53 Bet

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 04:43:
Ah so that's why... ;/ Not much of a open beta then.. although what I saw looked fun, if everyone had pings around 50 or less.... shooting at jenners running at high speed when they have a ping of 300 is like trying to hit a snail that's falling from space at terminal velocity with a catapult...
I think when the indicator turns red it's definitely a hit (that amount of hit detection works, anyway). Gotta lag-lead like games before Valve made client-side prediction the norm. That skill comes back surprisingly quickly.

Lights are pretty powerful at the moment because of that, if you can exploit their speed.

8. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Oct 30, 2012, 03:12 Bet

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 02:34:
Not to mention when everyone has pings above 100 .. did they pull this netcode out of a cave?
There are no European servers at the moment, unfortunately.

40. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 30, 2012, 02:20 Bet

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 17:41:
"which comes primarily from liberal legislation"

is not compatible with

"and there were dipshits from both sides supporting it."
"Now this was caused by both both parties,"
Idiosyncratic hypocrisy is what makes a person stop voting straight ticket R.

5. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Oct 29, 2012, 22:41 Bet

People should keep in mind that for a few weeks, new players are going to be TERRIBLE at a game like this. Driving a tank and shooting a fast target at the same time? If you've played Battlefield, you know how many people can do that well.  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Plans/Rumors
12. Re: CD Projekt RED Plans/Rumors Oct 29, 2012, 05:53 Bet

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 05:03:
I look forward to Cyberpunk a really unhealthy amount. A mature RPG set in that kind of world would blow my goddamn mind.
Pretty much a winning formula no matter how they do it. With the all the game developer talent in the world, I just don't understand how we don't get more games of the scifi/cyberpunk variety like CDP RED are promising. The Witcher reskinned and restorylined into cyberpunk would be GoTY for a lot of people just on paper, with the depth the developers put into that game.

With how well the Shadowrun Returns kickstarter did without even a glimpse of what the game looked like (which we're now seeing is looking very, very good), the genre is an untapped goldmine.
Over a year to wait for this. Probably two. Painful

News Comments > GTA5 in Spring?
19. Re: GTA5 in Spring? Oct 28, 2012, 20:05 Bet

nin wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 19:33:
Rigs wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 18:28:
Why the hate for GTA4? I don't get it at all...I still play GTA4 with the Police Pursuit mod (can't get First Response working no matter WHAT I do) and usually lose 4 hours in it before realizing. Is there any better benchmark for what a good game is? If you play a game and have fun while losing yourself and track of time, I don't see the problem. I swear you guys are way too f'n picky sometimes...

=-Rigs-=

I agree. 4 was an absolute blast, think I've played through it 3 times, and I'm due to start over again.

Some people will bitch about anything.

After Nico shot that guy I was pretty heavily into the story. Not to mention that the vehicle physics seem perfect. Not realistic, but satisfying.

Undoubtedly some people just hate the main character and can't empathize, or hate the vehicle physics. Their loss, unfortunately.

Our loss for being PC gamers, so far as I can tell. Wait patiently for the port, like good pir...I mean, PC users.

Edit: Brucie also helped. "Touch my pecs".

News Comments > GTA5 in Spring?
9. Re: GTA5 in Spring? Oct 28, 2012, 17:43 Bet

So if it comes out in May... it'll be January 2014 for PCs?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Stretch Goals
19. Re: Star Citizen Stretch Goals Oct 27, 2012, 23:25 Bet

Tumbler wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 22:13:
Looking forward to this a lot. I'm in for $125. Wingnut. Can't wait. Going to buy an Oculus Rift and go nuts with this game. Hopefully there will be other games that support it between now and then. I'm curious to see how Hawken looks with those goggles.
Can't wait for the Oculus Rift vs TrackIR debates that will ensue.

Not going to get burned on a $35 pledge. I've seen more than enough bad movies in the last few years that cost multiple times more than that in theaters, and even if this is Chris Roberts' worst game ever, it'll be infinitely better than sitting in a theater being subjugated to what passes for writing in the cinema these days. A fun ride, if it lasts 6 months or 6 years.

Sheesh when I think about that, the higher levels seem reasonable...too bad I don't have the money, I'd go in $250 for the 4-man ship. I'm glad they released the specs. At least I know that my little $30 rustbucket has a cargobay that hopefully can grind to the Constellation class in a hurry. Going to have to use the single engine module slot for an afterburner to run the hell away from space Romneys.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo