Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
13. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 28, 2012, 19:39 Bet

Acleacius wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 19:36:
Sounds too buggy, no rush here. Hell they should have been fixing all the damn broken quests and bugs anyway.

BTW we use real money to buy your game, hire a real writer capable of writing above the adolescent level, thanks.
Writing is always Bethesda's weak point. Weird since it's pretty easy to find talented writers...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 28, 2012, 19:28 Bet

Dev wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 19:13:
I think the point it that it must be REALLY bad if even xbox reviews are saying its mediocre.
Sometimes that's the highest praise, though. Binary Domain was pretty mediocre with a controller (and the review scores reflected that), but with a mouse/keyboard and higher difficulty/FOV it's a pretty satisfying shooter.

In Skyrim's case though, this might just be equal to horse armor. Hopefully not.

News Comments > GameStop Interested in Digital Resales
23. Re: GameStop Interested in Digital Resales Jul 27, 2012, 01:46 Bet

I don't want him to be wrong, to stop any further argument that wastes our energy or irritates anyone. I'd love a free market that actually works. I am not a developer, I don't know any developers. No stock owned in any gaming company. For the love of God now let's all pretend I was smart and never posted anything! Hooray!

Unfortunately, I see NKD's argument as being the grimdark vision of what would happen if digital copies could be resold. That's my interest in this, no more games. Or at least no more good games.

If that somehow makes me a hypocrite...?

22. Re: GameStop Interested in Digital Resales Jul 27, 2012, 01:21 Bet

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 01:17:
*whoosh* The link, click and read it... because his argument is no where near as ridiculous as you want it to be.
I want his argument to be ridiculous...why?

20. Re: GameStop Interested in Digital Resales Jul 27, 2012, 01:08 Bet

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 01:04:
Bet wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 21:02:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:53:
A gray digital market is almost as bad as piracy, as far as developers are concerned.

Just like car manufacturers would LOVE it if nobody could buy used cars. And furniture manufacturers would LOVE it if nobody could buy used furniture. I could go on forever, and that's why I think that this argument is simply ridiculous. I bought it, I own it, I should be able to resell it. What's next, manufacturers of EVERYTHING trying to make it impossible for anybody to ever sell anything used?
Less ridiculous an argument than comparing a piece of software that costs as much as a single meal on sale, to the 2nd (or most) valuable thing people own, other than a house/flat? Really?

Ok then, lets look at something more realistic then.

What if car manufacturers could make it that you couldn't buy or sell used cars
Are you fucking kidding me? You just used his same damn argument!

How about you two try retorting to NKD, instead of using my comment as a straw man. I'm wrong, period, move on.

7. Re: GameStop Interested in Digital Resales Jul 26, 2012, 21:02 Bet

JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:53:
A gray digital market is almost as bad as piracy, as far as developers are concerned.

Just like car manufacturers would LOVE it if nobody could buy used cars. And furniture manufacturers would LOVE it if nobody could buy used furniture. I could go on forever, and that's why I think that this argument is simply ridiculous. I bought it, I own it, I should be able to resell it. What's next, manufacturers of EVERYTHING trying to make it impossible for anybody to ever sell anything used?
Less ridiculous an argument than comparing a piece of software that costs as much as a single meal on sale, to the 2nd (or most) valuable thing people own, other than a house/flat? Really?

3. Re: GameStop Interested in Digital Resales Jul 26, 2012, 20:44 Bet

Devinoch wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:31:
Please remain non-existent, market. It's hard enough making games as it is.
A gray digital market is almost as bad as piracy, as far as developers are concerned... truly dark times ahead if this rolls out.

No better than trying to sell the blood plasma from a dead body.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jul 26, 2012, 20:41 Bet

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:32:
It'd be funny if Irrational's next game bombs on Metacritic. Then they could all fire themselves.
The magic 8 ball says... it is likely!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 26, 2012, 17:44 Bet

m0deth wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 14:11:
I swear to bob, young writers need to actually THINK about the subject matter they write about, not just 'research' it.
They do think. They think "is this inflammatory enough to get lots and lots of hits?" Then publish.

News Comments > Iron Brigade Coming to Steam?
4. Re: Iron Brigade Coming to Steam? Jul 26, 2012, 16:29 Bet

Creston wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 15:39:
world war 1? So your units are: "Guy with rifle" and "guy with rifle in tower" and "Sopwith Camel"?

Creston
Nah it's alternate history type scifi, over the top Double Fine standard. It's pretty entertaining all around.

It's basically tower defense with a mech-tank you can customize and control the battle from. It's great for the 360 (especially when you go into the up to 4-player co-op), but it'll be way too easy on the PC unless they figure out a way of making it harder. It's almost too easy as it was with the cumbersome controller.

Closest PC game to compare the mechanics to is Sanctum.

News Comments > Iron Brigade Coming to Steam?
1. Re: Iron Brigade Coming to Steam? Jul 26, 2012, 13:05 Bet

Fun game, but can't help but feel it'll be too easy with a mouse/keyboard setup...  

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Video; Campaign Mode Announced
4. Re: Shadowrun Online Video; Campaign Mode Announced Jul 25, 2012, 22:07 Bet

MattyC wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 11:48:
If done well this could be very interesting. I never played 'actual' Shadowrun, but I loved the Genesis and (to a lesser degree) SNES games world.
You're probably better off hoping for Weisman's Shadowrun game to be excellent, then. Although this change for the SRO Kickstarter turned me from a 'definitely no' to a 'wtf...maybe', as opposed to throwing what little money I could at the Shadowrun Returns kickstarter.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record
16. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record Jul 25, 2012, 21:21 Bet

Beelzebud wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 20:14:
LOL Funny how Wardell sings a different tune when he can make a buck off Steam.
The p-power of money.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2012, 14:52 Bet

Beamer wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 12:21:
Man, going with "universal" camo was just a bad idea. The issue wasn't the pixelated part, as Canada proves.
It is disturbing if it provides no better protection. On paper, it seems to work well, but if it's really just psychological... I'll take a veteran's opinion of it any day though.

Sounds like we need to speed up power armor technology! Who needs camo when you're walking bullet-resistant and have the strength and endurance of 10 men? Hopefully thermoptic camouflage arrives soon either way.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 25, 2012, 14:47 Bet

Sepharo wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 22:19:
They go through all that trouble to explain in the article his "condition" and then they include a picture of him using his laptop with no explanation.
Hahah! The Daily Mail is weirdly fun, as long as you don't take it too seriously, it's like factual Onion.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2 Jul 24, 2012, 16:04 Bet

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 13:50:
Tables ftw
There's something wrong with us for liking the fact that Blue used a table here.

I like it too, apparently the almost-exact PC I built in August 2006 is the minimum requirement (cutting edge tech then, the C2D had just been released), though the revolutionary Geforce 8 was about 3 months later. And now 6 years later, all a minimum requirement. Interesting stuff. Meanwhile consoles have completely stagnated.

Yay tables!

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 24, 2012, 15:58 Bet

zombiefan wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 14:22:
Waiting for you to go under THQ. Counting the days....
That's pretty hostile considering they publish good games like Company of Heroes and Metro 2033. Taking Relic with them isn't a desire anyone should have.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2012, 15:35 Bet

jdreyer wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 15:23:
Bet wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 10:46:
The media sensationalizing violence to get more viewers? Improbable!

RIP Sally Ride

Here's the extreme ends of humanity ensconced in these two people. One is a real American hero who risked her life for science and exploration. The other is a cold blooded murderer who didn't even have the courtesy to take his own life.
That's poignant.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2012, 10:46 Bet

The media sensationalizing violence to get more viewers? Improbable!

RIP Sally Ride

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
7. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Jul 24, 2012, 10:18 Bet

Cutter wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 00:59:
Yeah...I don't like packages. I really wish this would have just been an SP/MP game. Not just these guys, but I think most of ous are sick to death of every frigging business of every type out there trying to milk monthly fees as opposed to just selling a product outright. There's way too much of it. Just sell me your product, you go your way and I go mine.
F2P means you lose nothing to try it!

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2012, 00:47.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo