Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 9, 2012, 18:00 Bet

Turns out it's a fake PR ploy by the people that made the video. Or something. Either way it's moronic.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2012, 21:07 Bet

safe ground because works of the federal government are automatically in the public domain

Technically true, though in practice...not so much. There's quite a few United States aircraft from WW2 that are next to impossible to get into any flight sim legally because the grandson companies hold the licenses to their entity, even though it was all paid for with public money. Their license fees are outrageous, to the point of no one except a AAA developer being able to afford them, and we all know how popular flight sims are (not).

News Comments > PAYDAY - The Heist Wolfpack DLC Released
3. Re: PAYDAY - The Heist Wolfpack DLC Released Aug 8, 2012, 00:33 Bet

You can generally trust people with 115+ rep (levels) in the game, so playing with people you don't know works well.

The action is the juice, as the game says. L4D versus style intensity without any ragequitting (since everyone is working together).

Game owns. The two new maps are high intensity, and that you just have to join on someone hosting with them is a perfect business plan. Get the DLC if you want the new gear, just play the game if you don't.

For $5 it's...a steal. To pardon the pun.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 6, 2012, 16:18 Bet

Hahaha! They explained how you can see through walls in SWAT 2 (the isometric strategy one of the series). So, so many reviews complained about how impossible that was, for a game trying hard to be realistic.

Wow that made my day. Kinda unnerving though.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 1, 2012, 22:39 Bet

Blue, did someone ever mention anal gland problems with their dogs? After thinking hard for a while and asking the dog people in my life (my last dog was quite a while ago), hopefully the Veterinarian brought that up as a possibility, or ruled it out.  

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 1, 2012, 17:31 Bet

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 16:31:
Bet wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 14:49:
Monopolization is bad...monopolization is bad...where did I hear that before...oh yeah, middle & high school. Do they even bother teaching that anymore, or are we just resigned to the monopolization of everything eventually, now?

However, in college they teach you to forget all that other bull-shit. Money is the only thing that matters. Now pay your tuition or get lost.
Hahah! Too true.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 1, 2012, 17:20 Bet

In 2012, that screening question was expanded to also include play on "a dedicated handheld system (like a PSP, etc.), a wireless device/tablet (e.g., iPad)
Full stop. So much for consoles dumbing down PC gaming, now consoles need to be worried about cell phones dumbing down console gaming.

Eesh that trickle down effect to the PC isn't going to be good...

News Comments > Diablo III Armory Rumor
23. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 16:08 Bet

Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 12:49:
There are still people that don't have Krovven on ignore? Amazing.
Am on I on your ignore list too? :/

Reason I ask is because I tend to defend things passionately like him, and that makes me wonder how many enemies I've made that have set me to ignore. Instead of just ignoring me the old-fashioned way by rolling their eyes and thinking I'm a moron while moving on.

News Comments > Diablo III Armory Rumor
22. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 16:08 Bet

Bucky wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 11:23:
Given how long they'd been working on Diablo 3, in one form or another, it's surprising that so many elements feel missing from the game. Lackluster legendaries, sets that are impossible to find
Thinking that's still auction-house real-money profit driven, myself...

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 1, 2012, 14:49 Bet

Monopolization is bad...monopolization is bad...where did I hear that before...oh yeah, middle & high school. Do they even bother teaching that anymore, or are we just resigned to the monopolization of everything eventually, now?

Monopolizing the Olympic coverage is just lol though, completely flies in the face of the logic of 'friendly competition' between nations. At least we know who the real power is in America.

News Comments > The Political Machine 2012 Released
8. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 05:50 Bet

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 03:12:
Flatline wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 02:22:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 21:56:
You know, I love politics, and I love games, but the idea of a game based on politics is just so unappealing? Is it just me? Maybe I feel this way because games are fantasy and politics is reality?

Actually, there's a board game called 1960: The Making of a President that's *excellent*, a real brain-burner.

Also, the 1993 PC game Shadow President was quite good.
Bravo, good sirs. I'd buy all three of you a pint for being so damned productively topical on this issue.

Rare these days. Good on yous.

Twilight Struggle is also quite a good game if you like Making of a President (if a bit more darkly themed, exact same gameplay, same devs). Off-topic for me, minus points.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 31, 2012, 01:50 Bet

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 19:07:
Dunno, there are few news that really are sourced to blues, but he certainly has the best sifting ability for news of anyone on the web, and of course so do the "crawlers" that send links to blues. Without this site I would miss 90% of all gaming news.
Well said. I shuddered at the thought of having to rely on Steam's 'news' feed which mostly draws from awful barely-related Kotaku posts, so I'm guessing I'm hooked on Blue like a designer drug.

Vital PC gaming news drip, he is.

News Comments > MechWarrior: Living Legends Open Beta
6. Re: MechWarrior: Living Legends Open Beta Jul 31, 2012, 01:00 Bet

Lokust wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 22:27:
I wonder if this will be the version of the mod I can actually get to work.

Less motivated to keep fighting with it though, as an MWO founder's club member.
Mercifully it's back down to one file (with a slick updating program), and a clean install basically just involves deleting your old folder.

This mod is fantastically pretty to watch, it's easy to get dazzled by the lightshow and forget you're actually taking part in the battle.

News Comments > Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw
36. Re: Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw Jul 30, 2012, 19:03 Bet

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 18:51:
lol, they give cleanup instructions?!?! If you been root kitted in todays age, you need to toss out your hard drive and probably your motherboard too in some cases. They can get pretty low... We really have the technology to stop this if someone wants to take virtual machines in the right direction... Also need to segregate common traffic more than currently done. which is hard for me to say since its a step closer to communism.
It's not a root kit, it's an exploit. An exploit that can be used to give you a rootkit, granted, but not directly a rootkit.

As far as paranoia regarding whether we all have been rooted thanks to the exploit, that's further down the rabbit hole.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2012, 17:05 Bet

nin wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 15:38:
Bet wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 15:35:
Blue's is as big as Nvidia practically!

Yeah, I was a little disappointed in it's size. I know it's not huge or anything, I guess I was just overly optimistic.

If nothing else, he gets credit for covering things for so long...

Considering all the stories RPS has given him credit for, I'd say the newshounds on this site are the best at it on the web.

25. Re: Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw Jul 30, 2012, 16:36 Bet

Unfairly, Anno is saddled with Ubi as publisher. I think you need a degree of OCD to enjoy those games though. Most of the world's population is gaining a degree of that yearly though, so it's up and up for the Anno series!

Again, aside from being saddled with Ubi...

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2012, 15:35 Bet

Blue's is as big as Nvidia practically!  

22. Re: Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw Jul 30, 2012, 15:13 Bet

Well I'm never defending Ubisoft again. This is a cockup of major proportions.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 29, 2012, 20:44 Bet

Ratty wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 17:16:
I stopped caring about the Olympics years ago when the signal to noise ratio dropped to near worthless levels. In the US you have to tolerate commercials every 8 minutes or less. Plus they only show a tiny handful of competitions for their "favorite" athletes and when everyone else is competing they fill the time with their fawning smarmy bios of the "scrappy underdog" succeeding in the face of adversity, or whatever will touch our heartstrings. Too bad. I used to love watching the Olympics.
You just described every professional televised sport. You can just socket 'football' for Olympics there and it's as accurate for most of the population...

Just saying.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
17. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 28, 2012, 22:16 Bet

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 20:43:
Flatline wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 15:43:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 14:30:
I'll probably get it eventually.

I "finished" with Skyrim a while back and am actually thinking about replaying New Vegas again with a bunch of mods. Then maybe I'll do Skyrim with some DLC.

I thought Oblivion had better guild quests. Skyrim seems sort of bland and short in hindsight.

I'm hip-deep in New Vegas again. Forgot what a fun game it is, though it's boring as hell until you get to the Strip proper, then it opens way up.

Yeah, I always go straight to the strip from Goodsprings. You can do it if you are careful and a little lucky.

http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/2012/05/jsawyeresp-v4.html

I am thinking of using J.E. Sawyer's mod for Fallout: NV this time. It sounds like it might be pretty cool.

Most of the bad reviews for Dawnguard seem to be people who got mad that it wasn't the size of Shivering Isles. So what I'm getting out of that is that people think it's too short, not that they think it's necessarily bad.
Speaking of writing, the smartest thing in the world that Bethesda could do would be to bring on J.E. Sawyer fulltime as a creative director/writer. That would fix a lot of problems with one person.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo