Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Aug 21, 2012, 15:15 Bet

Planescape:Torment torment indeed, blue. Nice one. Tease.

Damn, a Chris Avellone created RPG environment. Without obeying any other license, that would be something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: removed Aug 20, 2012, 16:17 Bet

Anytime you involve someone else as the mechanism of your death (train/subway driver, cop), you're scarring them for life as they're left with the guilt of ending you. Even unintentional suicide like people trying to go around the bars on roads out of impatience and not realizing their own stupidity messes up train drivers brains, as they're witnesses to something terrible that they couldn't stop.

I agree with the likes of nin, Agent.X7 and Aseven in this case though. A slow wasting disease will fuck up kids that age for life, as surely as witnessing him blow his brains out would. You'll still need counseling either way. As to how much better/worse a quick suicide is, knowing that your dad ended it on his feet, well that's a grisly debate that hopefully no one here has to weigh for themselves.

Man on Fire was a great movie. Now's a great time for a revenge flick like that if you're upset about this. Remember the man for what he was, not how he ended.

Clip of the movie (spoilers), at 3:20 a scene to change the subject http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRhj6BF2hMA

Apparently they took the non-subtitle white text out of later versions. Talk about gutting an effective creative touch of stylized emphasis of dialogue...

News Comments > Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Next Year
22. Re: Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Next Year Aug 20, 2012, 15:49 Bet

Yakubs wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:30:
Alamar wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 14:50:
First off, I think it's awesomely ironic so many 'hardcore' PC gamers are raving over a casual title : )

Hah, yeah. I mean, I played the game on my phone during my commute. I can't imagine spending my actual free time playing it versus other more interesting games.
You do realize that it was out for a year before they released it for iOS, right?

News Comments > Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Next Year
14. Re: Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Next Year Aug 20, 2012, 14:44 Bet

Frijoles wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 11:45:
nin wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 10:19:
I could never get past the last set of levels, when you're on the roof...

Whenever I got stuck, I'd give it to my 5 year old. I don't know how, but he managed to finish the game. Trial and error (dozens of times) appears to be the solution.
Just out of curiosity, are are either of you good at Defense Grid? Wondering if the Tower Defense skillset is why it's so bizarrely easy for most people I know. I think I got through the campaign 3 times in the first day (it was like caffeine, couldn't sleep).

Key to roof levels was artillery (first corn, then watermelons) on the back end and those umbrella-leaf plants that protect from the bungee zombies/thrown guys.

Every plant has a purpose, which is why I've wondered since that fateful day...how could they ever do a sequel and introduce new plants? There were already a few useless ones, so anything they add will just be overpowered or useless.

News Comments > etc.
25. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2012, 13:10 Bet

Cutter wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 13:08:
Fuck D3, Actiblizz an the horse they rode in on alreaady.

There may be some merit to the Boston setting as a tie-in to OWB. I love Boston, one of my fave towns, but it seems to me that NYC would be the natch place to do it and give a nod to The Omega Man. Hope to fuck this game isn't that far out before we see it.
Imagine how much flak they'd get for having to miniaturize NYC for console memory requirements though. Boston at least 'fits to scale'. Gotta wait until Fallout 7 or so before we're lucky enough that the LCD can fit Times Square in one map load...

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2012, 01:40 Bet

Sepharo wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 00:39:
PHJF wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 00:29:
Yeah well I use aspartame so you can ALL go fuck yourselves!

Had nothing but aspartame in my pop for about 8 years now. Still waiting on those migraines, limb/digit numbness, cancer, and death.
I think most conspiracy theories/documentaries now say it causes MS diagnoses too.

News Comments > On Cut New Vegas Content
13. Re: On Cut New Vegas Content Aug 20, 2012, 00:26 Bet

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 23:09:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 18:32:
KOTOR 2 Redeux?
No. The things that were cut, show that Obsidian budgeted their time exceptionally wisely for what time they did have. And it also shows exactly how badly consoles are dragging PC's down.
Leave it to Kotaku to spread misinformation to make people think everything except what you just said. Good lord.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2012, 21:35 Bet

Brazor wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 20:56:
Personally I think the sugar soda tastes better than the corn syrup and lets be honest here. It's SODA! It's not healthy. So I don't care which one is "better" for you.
There's a difference between fatty liver disease and obesity though. The former can be caused solely by HFCS, whereas obesity can be from overconsumption of either.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2012, 20:36 Bet

DG wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 18:17:
All this talk of Mexican Coke is getting us onto some kind of watch-list
Yeah, the high fructose lobbyists list. Now that the corn crop is going to be a record-setter for prices this year, sugar cane even with tariffs added is price competitive. HFCS hits your liver HARD when it's metabolized, like drinking a beer, whereas sugar is used by all the cells in your body immediately...like alcohol. Funny that HFCS has all the negatives of alcohol, but definitely doesn't help get you laid.

News Comments > etc.
4. Replay: Deus Ex Aug 19, 2012, 20:16 Bet

That Warren Spector commentary is...insightful. Deus Ex apparently was a fluke. A genius fluke, but wow, we're lucky that we got the game like we did.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 19, 2012, 16:04 Bet

Prez wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 15:56:
Weak Traffic, Low Subscribers Meant Something Had to Happenóbut OnLive Employees Didn't Expect the End.

Not to beat up on those who just lost their jobs but honestly, what else could they have expected? The service was dead from almost from the very start.

If the article's numbers (1600 concurrent users) are true, that means the number of employees on staff was 12% of the service's users. That's utterly pathetic, and obviously unsustainable by any metric.
There's 3 times that many people playing Payday on Steam *right now*.

News Comments > Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M
21. Re: Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M Aug 16, 2012, 13:35 Bet

DG wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 12:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 10:41:
... However, I'm guessing there is more to this story than we are hearing so far...
I'm leaning in that direction too. I've had indirect experience of a director in a company doing shady things, but it's very difficult to prove or prosecute. Basically using company resources to try and set himself up as a competitor, whilst running the company into the ground.
Sounds like they lost all their Steam-equivalent Impulse user-tracking data. That's gotta be worth millions.

News Comments > Divinity Prototypes Missing; Reward Offered
8. Re: Divinity Prototypes Missing; Reward Offered Aug 15, 2012, 23:52 Bet

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 23:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 23:15:
Well then put your hopes down 2 notches, Dragon Commander is some weird arcade shooter thing. And Original Sin is a hardcore isometric RPG (well, that is pretty cool) but I hoped they would do Ego Dragonis 3 with a better RPG system ;/ I loved flying around as dragon

The part where you fly around as a dragon in a third-person shooter fashion alongside your friendly forces is only a fraction of that game. It is actually a hybrid RPG/RTS where you command an army and manage the politics of a huge kingdom. So long as they can balance all of that stuff in a way that works, could be one of the most ambitious and interesting projects in development right now... I suggest you read up on it before making snap judgments.
Both games sound awesome now. Was only looking forward to the latter listed in the article until now, interesting.

News Comments > More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details
3. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 14:03 Bet

MrRadicalEd wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 13:21:
Don't forget: http://media.steampowered.com/apps/tf2/tobor/upgrade_ui.jpg
Intriguing.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2012, 12:57 Bet

Cutter wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 12:31:
And of course if pot was legalized like it should be none of this crap would even be happening.
The saddest part.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 15, 2012, 09:43 Bet

Ant wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 08:17:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 23:21:
I lurv my DSL and have no desire to go to cable.
GTE and Verizon DSL (and FIOS even though it exists in the city) are unavailable in my home areas (too far to CO -- e.g., 20K ft.) and cable is my only option with fastest and cheapest broadband. At least mine doesn't have caps for now.
The second you have caps without competition is when people start screaming monopoly. No cable company wants that.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 14, 2012, 20:16 Bet

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 15:09:
I called the other day because I wanted to know if they had FFXIV in stock and they say "Uh, FFXIV hasn't been released, they released FFXIII-2 last year but it will be a while until FFXIV is released" I laughed and told him it's been out for two years now and he says "oh you mean the PC game?" Fucking moron.
Wow. Scarcely a connection between neurons there.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2012, 17:40 Bet

There will probably be an Obituary either tomorrow or Monday for sure, if people really want to know. Assuming he died within the last day anyway. Though those are often annoyingly vague, so who knows.  

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Announced
6. Re: Europa Universalis IV Announced Aug 11, 2012, 15:46 Bet

saluk wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 11:33:
CK2 is the only one of their games that has grabbed me.
You might want to try EU4 then. I've noticed a pattern in my friends, that once Paradox has finally nailed the engine for a certain player's standards, that player tends to like all new games (EU, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings). Seen it over and over.

Just a thought. You may have a timesink in the future and not even know it!

Plus you're already over the learning curve for ALL of the games once you've learned just one, which is what stops many people from trying.

News Comments > Battle.net Security Breach
11. Re: Battle.net Security Breach Aug 9, 2012, 19:49 Bet

Sepharo wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 19:21:
Probably what was happening all along but they delayed the announcement until long after launch.
They would have had the Mobile Authenticator patch ready to go right now, if that was the case. If it was just for PR sake, anyway. Right now we're balls to the wind.

Rigs raises an interesting point though. All this cyber-pushing without a pushback, something is going to give.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo