Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. 14000 Jan 28, 2007, 10:48 Bet

Is that the count now? I've lived here a long time and still don't know what count is the best to do by. Have heard upwards of 20+K, but the plates say 10,000 so that's the one I go by.

Damn humid all the time here it's warm, that's for sure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Downgrading to Vista. Jan 28, 2007, 10:46 Bet

I keep the flashy effects on, turning off only the feature that keeps maximizes/minimizes non-instantaneous for aesthetic reasons. Eye candy all the way on otherwise.

And I will not switch to Vista because of it, though I *will* switch to Vista if someone can't figure out how to hack DX10 into XP. The idea of a roughshod DX10 hack in XP excites the inner geek in me, and I've got my fingers crossed. Otherwise, it's on to Vista as soon as Alan Wake nears release

News Comments > Armed Assault Euro Release Plans
19. Re: US Release Jan 28, 2007, 07:08 Bet

The word "only" is properly utilized when compared to a 8800 (GTX, presumably). The 8800 is faster. And the reports I've heard say that AA runs fine maxed out with the 8800.

Heard it firsthand, seen the results. My jaw dropped, seeing that the game at 1920x1200. Never would have thought the Operation Flashpoint engine could be turned into something like that. Ugly duckling into beautiful swan. I require an 8800 after seeing that.

Runs pretty sweet on my Core 2/7900GT when turning down a select few of the options. HDR one of them, which is not pretty when you're pixel hunting for that smarmy Russian trying to blow your head off from 400 meters.

Preorded from GoGamer, hopefully it doesn't take long to get across the ocean, then back across the states to me. Gotta love importing.

News Comments > Galactic Command Games
12. Re: No subject Jan 28, 2007, 03:55 Bet

I wonder if Derek is developing all three of these projects by himself as he supposedly did with the other ones or if he has teams working on each one.

Was wondering that myself.

News Comments > Enemy Territory Quake Wars Delayed, Maybe
7. Re: read it all Jan 26, 2007, 12:05 Bet

that means it could be released in about 2 months, and still be in "fiscal 2008"

Says all I need. I've only just seen the new 'official' Summer release date in the last few weeks, which is pertinent for this press release. Considering that's months into their Fiscal 2008, no need to stress if you want the game. Um.. yet.

News Comments > UT2007 Becomes UT3
60. Re: Unreal Pr0n Jan 26, 2007, 10:25 Bet

The vehicles in UT2004 are far from indestructible and not just against other vehicles. The Avril is a terrific weapon to balance things, and some vehicles in UT2004 like the Manta can be taken out with just one shot. That is why piloting a Manta and staying alive takes a lot of skill.

Heheh, I can't count the number of times I pegged people in Mantas with the avril. It became the most fun part of Onslaught. 'How many Mantas can I kill today?'

If I have to use a homing missile or another vehicle to counter enemy vehicles, I don't like it. Regardless of game, I doubt any implementation of vehicles in an FPS would appeal to me. I didn't like the vehicles in HL2, I didn't like them in Q4, didn't like them in the BF games, didn't like them in Renegade. Guess I'm just old-fashioned.

In UT2004, using the homing Avrils on tanks is the slowest way to kill them. I knew guys that could take down tanks en masse with dumbfire rockets, flak cannon, or shock combos. And at a distance the shock rifle wins just for the hitscan nature of the thing. You COULD wait for a series of homing Avrils to take it out, but you're risking them being shot down as well as other people on foot coming up and ruining your day.

They're nice and balanced since they have hitpoints just like everything else. If you're good at killing people in the game, you'll kill vehicles even easier. And remember, this is the arcade-action game UT. Not the semi-realistic Battlefield series. Like people have said, getting in a tank in UT without actually know how to use the thing right will get you killed at least as quickly as running around on foot in Deathmatch, if not quicker.

News Comments > SCS Dangerous Waters Patches
2. Re: Sig Test Jan 26, 2007, 09:47 Bet

I keep meaning to sit down and learn this game but I never do. End up playing Silent Hunter 3 instead, the game that just keeps on giving (whoo Grey Wolves mod). One day, though. One day.

There was probably a German submariner that said what's in Jeraxle's signature. Probably cut off at the end too. Ah, the futility of serving in the Type VII in the late war.

News Comments > Sam & Max Episode 3 Launches
7. Re: No subject Jan 26, 2007, 09:37 Bet

The quality is definitely there. Episode 2 had me out of breath from the laughter a few times, and that's about all I could ask from a comedy game of any length. Considering these chunks of short length, that's a good sign for the future.

I owe Telltale for pushing me over the edge to sign up for GameTap too. The service is too much fun, like the Sega Channel was back in the day.

Also, I'm all for simultaneous releases for people paying directly to Telltale. As much as I love GameTap directly funding game development and hope for that continued money flow, the 2-week exclusivity is almost a stranglehold for the fans. While I appreciate the business tact behind this, I can definitely see where people would find issue with it.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
4. Re: No subject Jan 21, 2007, 23:56 Bet

Agreed. And hopefully higher resolutions! Preordered already, $38 + shipping from GoGamer, as opposed to $50 elsewhere.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Jan 20, 2007, 04:04 Bet

here he comes with my 5K 50 inch plasma the last one they have in the world flyís up and stops to quick the whole things tips over and slams down on the concrete floor half on half off the forks he looks real quick to see if I had noticed as he picking it up to which I returned my best your dead fuck-tard glare, but it gets better he then proceeds to tell me it should be okay it didnít hit that hard there package really well the warranty is still valid and I can just bring it back.

Hahahaha!

News Comments > NA Broken Sword: The Angel of Death
4. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2007, 11:12 Bet

Yeah I'd say the quality ranks up there with the other Broken Swords, which make for some good times. Kind of miss the 2D charm, but it's not the 90s anymore.

Gotta wonder WTF at the name change though. Game renames are aggravating.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
12. Re: No subject Dec 31, 2006, 22:14 Bet

The GUI in Oblivion screamed console, and was inferior to the Morrowind GUI in every way.

Fortunately BTmod came around in less than a week or two. I don't even think I played Oblivion for more than an hour without it.

And this Bioshock buzz is amusing. Based on pre-release enthusiasm it's going to do much better than SS2 from its first week of sales alone. Do right by the keyboard/mouse like with SS2, Irrational, and I'll buy two copies!

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Will Video Games Reshape Education?Ö Dec 31, 2006, 19:28 Bet

No kidding! I attribute my spelling ability to the game Spellevator, which has to be at least 15 years old. Gotta love scientists that are behind the times.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: nHancer Dec 28, 2006, 11:40 Bet

Much better way of tweaking profiles period, SLI or no. Using nVidia's own is a bitch, especially since they get wiped on driver updates :/

News Comments > 1C Game Delays
9. Theater of War Dec 28, 2006, 09:04 Bet

Considering it's already out in Russia, I can't imagine they're delaying the Europe release for any other reason than to iron out the problems.

Seems like PT Boats and Whirlwind of Vietnam are taking their sweet damn time getting a release anywhere though.

News Comments > New Shadowgrounds Tease
1. Alright Dec 24, 2006, 17:02 Bet

Just picked up the first game from TotalGaming for $11 (tokens), thing is damn fun. An easier, single player version of Alien Swarm. There still isn't anything quite like Alien Swarm co-op online though. Will pick up this Shadowgrounds sequel when it hits Stardock's store.

News Comments > Xbox 360 Warranties Extended
20. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2006, 19:43 Bet

Probably not. Those store-run warranties are designed to make them money, not benefit you.

News Comments > Broken Sword Q&A
2. Re: Wow, just wow! Dec 19, 2006, 04:56 Bet

Revolution has that magic working for them.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - IL2 Sturmovik: 1946
3. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2006, 14:32 Bet

What? Why? Is it going to be released in the US later?

US release apparently coming in early 2007. Can't recall the month, but it'll get here.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: No subject Dec 11, 2006, 03:59 Bet

Man it's still weird thinking of ATI as AMD now. Kind of pissed about this, competition is supposed to keep prices in check. If there was really a conspiracy between the two giants...ugh.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 54.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo