Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Re: C&C Mar 22, 2007, 12:02 Bet

Gotta love Joe Kucan. That guy just kicks ass.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wednesday Hardware Reviews
3. Logitech G5 Mar 21, 2007, 19:28 Bet

Not much of an actual review there at Gaming Nexus!

Kind of an odd hardware review day all around.
This comment was edited on Mar 21, 19:29.

News Comments > Gold - Galactic Command: Echo Squad
1. It begins Mar 21, 2007, 10:49 Bet

Will be interesting to see how this pans out. I'd be lying if I said that I was never tempted to grab Derek Smart's other games off of GameTap since it's so easy and I've been curious as to how bad they really are. Will be playing these for sure because of that curiosity.

Who knows, maybe they won't be all that bad! Stranger things happen. Particularly curious as to whether they'll hit the top games played.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 10:51.

News Comments > New Dystopia
1. Hah Mar 20, 2007, 12:49 Bet

Rare crashes! That cyberspace projectile-kill bug crashed servers repeatedly. It's good that they fixed it though, and the other fixes/additions are nice.

News Comments > Monday Hardware Reviews
1. Samsung SH-S183L Mar 20, 2007, 04:18 Bet

Good review for a good drive. Just picked up one of these beauties. Doesn't benefit enormously from SATA, but hell, it's still flash.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: No subject Mar 17, 2007, 19:00 Bet

To me too. I've played every one of those games extensively to varying degrees except X-Wing vs Tie fighter, but I know plenty of people that loved the game so I can understand that one as well. Hell some of those games I've dumped over a hundred hours into, and #14 is probably my most played RTS ever now.

News Comments > Take-Two Sues Jack Thompson
8. Re: I hate JT too BUT.... Mar 17, 2007, 00:48 Bet

He is trying to use public nuisance laws and the court system to censor them.

Why can't gamers do the same thing to him? This guy is annoying as hell. I almost think he's an evil form of viral marketing. Public nuisance just barely begins to describe his actions.

I blame the bastard for the lack of gore in Company of Heroes. At least in SupCom they can't censor awesome machine explosions. But sure, that guy that just got hit by a 105mm howitzer round? Yeah, he has no more blood.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: PS3 Electricity Mar 15, 2007, 19:10 Bet

A 380W power supply doesn't always draw 380W, that's just its maximum rating.

Yeah, I'm wondering how much it actually draws when under demand. Even a 3 GHz Core 2 Duo and an 8800 GTX system, which is a considerably more powerful system than the PS3, only draws around 270 watts from the wall outlet.

News Comments > Gold - Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
27. Re: No subject Mar 7, 2007, 20:24 Bet

Isn't a map of the pacific just a big piece of blue cloth?

In the case of Silent Hunter, it also includes merchant routes, air cover, and military bases. The first of those being the most fun.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Sony's lead in game console market.. Mar 6, 2007, 09:13 Bet

And the Wii is outselling the PS2 in turn. At least that was the case for January, are the February NPD numbers out yet?

News Comments > ArmA: Armed Assault Patch
9. Re: No subject Mar 3, 2007, 17:03 Bet

OpFlash was no spring chicken in its first iteration, remember. The game in 2001 was NOTHING like what it is today, with all the mods and user missions for v1.96.

News Comments > ArmA: Armed Assault Patch
5. Re: Yep Mar 2, 2007, 15:51 Bet

When to buy?

I'd wait for the North American release in May. By then they should have a good number more bugs worked out with version 1.06.

The great thing about this 1.05 is the improved iron sights. Your face is no longer glued to the weapon, so the recoil doesn't cause all sorts of chaos, which makes it a lot more pleasant.

And you can now use TrackIR in iron sights Waiting for this download to finish, when they first announced TIR support for ArmA I was hoping to hell that you could use it in irons. Now you finally can, and I'm giddy. Look to this video for an example.

http://ofp.umbr.net/videos/mar1_trackir3.wmv

News Comments > Dreamfall Chapters Announced
5. Re: Please... Mar 2, 2007, 00:06 Bet

That would be a slam dunk for GameTap.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2007, 15:37 Bet

Apparently every self-declared expert already knows how well the backward compatibility will work.

I get nervous when the eternally optimistic Sony PR drops a line like "compatible with a broad range of original PlayStation® (PS) titles and a limited range of PlayStation®2 (PS2) titles."

It would seem like they're just covering their asses legally, but that the PS1 support can be 'broad', but the PS2 support 'limited'...yeah.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2007, 21:50 Bet

Sure they're working on the emulator, but for now the PS2 support is going to sucks nuts in Europe due to the lack of PS2 hardware, and whenever Sony decides 'soon' applies to their removal of the PS2 components from the North American PS3. Buyers in NA can hope that the emulator is farther along by the time that Sony starts cutting costs on these shores, but if reality was based on hope, Sega wouldn't be out of the hardware game now.

I'd say the article does more to ask the question 'so when is it our turn to suck it, Sony?' Which is a valid one, if you care about playing PS2 games on your new PS3.

News Comments > New Half-Life 2 Dystopia
5. Re: Downloadin! Feb 24, 2007, 14:10 Bet

Now all they need is some full servers. The last time I tried it, there was not much going on.

No problem there. I see close to three dozen full servers right now.

News Comments > Sam & Max Episode 4 on GameTap
13. Re: Games on Tap Feb 23, 2007, 00:02 Bet

Can I set this up to work with a credit-like debit card?

I don't see any reason why this would not work. Worst case scenario is that they don't take your money, no reason not to try it.

News Comments > Sam & Max Episode 4 on GameTap
2. Re: been using .99 cent promo... Feb 22, 2007, 16:18 Bet

Yep, I'm fairly enamored with the whole GameTap deal. Classic games, new games. Like Sega Channel, but better.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. DEFCON Feb 22, 2007, 00:59 Bet

Playing the 1.4 beta 1. Not stable at all in multiplayer, unfortunately. Apparently they reworked the code completely, so hopefully beta 2 is typical Introversion-stable. Never had one of their games crash on me until this beta, not once.

News Comments > The Mod Squads
1. Good news Feb 20, 2007, 16:50 Bet

Aside from the inherent team stacking that's been present since Demo 1, this mod is beyond awesome if you're into cyberpunk. A lot of great things in this mod.

Could be destined to become the CS of HL2.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo