Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
20. Re: I'd buy one Apr 15, 2007, 16:04 Bet

Tango:

Yeah, there was a recent update for the system that lets you run folding@home on it. I don't have a PS3 to tell you if it's worth anything, but I know it's possible.

It's worth a fair amount. The processing is powerful, but limited, so they brute force it on the Cell instead of manipulating it on typical processor. It's not elegant but it works fairly well. The F@H GPU client running on a $300 ATI card is better yet than a Cell, which goes to show even old video cards still have a lot of life left in them.

If they ever update the GPU client so it runs on the far superior Geforce 8800s and (theoretically) R600s, individual user points are going to EXPLODE. They won't be able to generate work units at a pace enough to satisfy those monsters.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the current GPU clients as well as the PS3 client are limited in the work units they can take on. That's the big downside. And with the new SMP client for multi-core PC processors, even dual-cores end up getting more points per day than either the PS3 or GPU clients, which could just be temporary.

Everyone's waiting anxiously for the DX10 GPU clients.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 16:14.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: I'd buy one Apr 15, 2007, 03:03 Bet

If it was 350 bucks.

I'd pick one up for that price too. No games though, would just run Folding@Home on it 24/7. It's a hell of a better folder at this point than it is a game machine, that's for sure.

News Comments > Gold - ArmA: Combat Operations
8. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2007, 17:51 Bet

The TrackIR definitely goes nicely with ArmA.

News Comments > Sam & Max: Bright Side of the Moon Announced
8. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2007, 15:34 Bet

Hell, I play every adventure game I can and there's no way in I'd ever get through an episode in under an hour. Thinking I'm pushing 3 hours for each episode, although I do take my time. Timing my Episode 5 playthrough to find out for sure.

News Comments > Gold - Theatre of War
8. Re: No subject Apr 10, 2007, 16:16 Bet

Been really looking forward to this. I mean, how bad can a love child of IL-2 and Combat Mission turn out? Those two games have probably received more total play time from me than anything else I've ever owned, (with the possible exception of X-Com).

The most common complaint I've heard about the Russian release was the inability to go into buildings. A lot of the other flaws had time to be polished out, so yeah. Bring on IL-2:CM!

5. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2007, 03:46 Bet

Although the responses in the 1up comments section are equally full of shit. It seems he's talking the language that the readers on that site understand, at least.

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Announcement
15. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2007, 13:15 Bet

CoH is effectively a total conversion of DoW, yeah? Same engine etc.

No.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2007, 13:04 Bet

Sega Channel...LIVES!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: PS3 hardware sales plummet 82 percen Apr 4, 2007, 15:52 Bet

Count me as shocked; I thought they were going to sell 5 million without any games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6151631.html

Yeah, that's about when my hate for Sony kicked in. This latest SecuROM crap they're pulling just solidified it. Thanks Sony for making it so I can't retain control of my system, I really appreciate it! As if rootkits on music CDs weren't bad enough...ugh.

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts?
4. Re: Hell yeah Apr 4, 2007, 15:48 Bet

Relic is the RTS master, it's true. How you aren't equally blown away by SupCom defies belief though!

News Comments > Sunday Game Reviews
5. Re: Heh Apr 2, 2007, 02:50 Bet

Seems he was taking the opportunity of a misplaced review (hardware review in the game review section) to make a joke about the clichéd WW2 genre complaint.

It's funny due to the fact that people are as sick of hearing people complain about WW2 games as they are of the genre itself.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: LPB's... Mar 30, 2007, 10:27 Bet

Still tempted to yell HPB every time someone is having fun-affecting lag issues in games, though.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Test Drive Unlimited
9. Re: logitech dualshock Mar 29, 2007, 15:49 Bet

Chalk up another fan. This is my favorite non-sim driving game since Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed. Sim-wise GT Legends and GTR are still highly superior, but for simple freeform driving fun this game is awesome.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Beta Opens
3. Re: Anyone? Mar 28, 2007, 17:58 Bet

I'm interested in the game, but I would like to hear if the game is similar to Homeworld or Homeworld 2.

A lot of similarities. So far the only thing that I've been annoyed with is the camera movement, which is inverse of what I'm used to in Homeworld and is apparently an option that was left out of Beta 1. Coming in the next version though, fortunately.

News Comments > Wednesday Game Reviews
4. Re: Stalker Mar 28, 2007, 13:49 Bet

Yeah that almost makes nighttime something that isn't annoying. Every time the lightning flashes I go 'oooooh'. And then I'm back to wondering where the hell the bloodsucker went.

News Comments > C&C 3 Patch
7. Re: Good to see... Mar 27, 2007, 21:51 Bet

EA roXX!

Mind passing some of that apparently ultra-high grade crack this way?

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Unveiling Soon
8. Re: No subject Mar 26, 2007, 21:36 Bet

From the sound of this it could either be a standalone expansion as easily as it could be a sequel. Hopefully it IS going to be the Eastern front. You get to still kill Nazis that way. Got my fingers crossed, and will be looking forward to when this issue hits my mailbox.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Cell Phones on Airplanes. Mar 24, 2007, 18:27 Bet

I felt like a dumbass when I was wandering around the radiology department with my cell phone on. Not sure how many big yellow signs I passed that said 'please turn off cell phones', but it was more than a few. If a call had come in it would have been double embarrassing, since I was lost in the first place.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Patches
7. Re: No subject Mar 23, 2007, 14:11 Bet

One of the great things about Stalker is that it does not hold your hand, just dumps you into the world and lets you figure it out, like Bethsoft used to.

No kidding. Talk about Daggerfall flashbacks.

News Comments > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific Patches
8. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2007, 18:56 Bet

Well what about noob settings, will I have the same problems?

Noob settings are pretty stable. That's what I've been playing at until they get the other stuff fixed. Apparently they fixed the Stadimeter crashing, which is what was driving me nuts.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo