Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bet

Real Name Bet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 10:34
Total Comments 1272 (Pro)
User ID 9253

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Humans Must Answer Kickstarter
1. Re: Humans Must Answer Kickstarter Mar 13, 2013, 20:20 Bet

From S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to SCHMUP. Wonder how that thought progression went (knowing it's only 2 guys from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. dev team)

It does look a lot more weighty than a normal SCHMUP though, that's a good sign. Hope they pull it off.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2013, 20:32.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Delayed
10. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Delayed Mar 7, 2013, 18:04 Bet

Redmask wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 07:14:
Your vehicle drivers can be randomly shot and your vehicles taken which is a really stupid RNG game mechanic.
That's so...bad. Why would they do that. Really hope that doesn't make it into the beta. Or final.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
29. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 20, 2013, 21:12 Bet

zombiefan wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 20:11:
8 cores, high-end GPU, cutting edge graphics....sounds like they're just describing what we already have on the PC.

Why buy your own car, when you can just buy theirs? Just remember to drive exactly how they tell you to, listen only to their music and make sure you always take the toll-road.
Looks like it delayed Watchdogs by at least half a year, too. Fantastic. At least now it's obvious why the game dropped off the face of the earth for a while. Anytime this has happened in the past, a stellar-looking game ended up being a dud... Heavy Rain is still depressing.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013?
9. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 18:03 Bet

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 17:36:
nin wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 13:41:
I have to wonder if even that sounds a little ambitious, based on all the stretch goals. Wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed back further.

Not that that's a bad thing. I'd rather them take their time and do it right.

Yeah, but from the sound of it things are already working pretty well, and they have the story all written and plotted out, so another 6 to 7 months should be feasible.
More than that, there's at least 517 people with the level editor in advance of the game to work on their own fanfiction scenarios (100 of which bought out the entire tier at $500/each to get their missions identified with a special icon).

Add that everyone will have access to those tools after game launch, should be some interesting competition for who has the best rated/most downloaded missions.

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
43. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 15:31 Bet

RailWizard wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 13:49:
Bet wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 12:09:
RailWizard wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:20:
Still waiting for a RDR pc port, they can fuck off until then.
It's never coming, they've officially said it's never going to happen.

Exactly. Speechless
Ahh now I see what you did there.

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
22. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 12:09 Bet

RailWizard wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:20:
Still waiting for a RDR pc port, they can fuck off until then.
It's never coming, they've officially said it's never going to happen.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 11:44 Bet

Of course Twinkies have a future, that brand has to be worth millions. Then the factories will re-open, and rehire employees laid off (probably with preference to the non-union members). The cycle continues.

Now we have to ask, what about the Hostess Fruit pies. Every time there's a natural disaster I recommend them as emergency rations since 2 of them will feed a person for a day (500 calories/pie). Get a case and keep a family alive for a week.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 15:36 Bet

ASeven wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 15:32:
I'm willing to bet he is "apologizing" because his reputation is nil right now and he's desperately trying to still have a job in gaming journalism after his latest fuckup.
Almost certainly.

News Comments > Newell Next AIAS Hall of Fame Inductee
19. Re: Newell Next AIAS Hall of Fame Inductee Nov 17, 2012, 12:18 Bet

I'm starting to get a sense for why overwhelmingly successful people often become philanthropists. Once something exactly like this becomes so expected that it's almost ordinary or unremarkable for the person, the better part of their soul must take over and try to elevate other people so misery isn't quite so common for them.

Adjustment of hobbies.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 17, 2012, 12:12 Bet

Ratty wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 06:09:
New Xbox: It's just rumor but if true 8 gigs of RAM is good news for PC gamers.
16 times more RAM than currently used?! Console gamers' eyes will tell them they're seeing the face of God!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 17, 2012, 12:10 Bet

Dades wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 23:06:
Introducing Netflix Groceries

DADES
You should add sparkling .gifs on either side of your name too, for the extra flash.

News Comments > Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail
10. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 10:12 Bet

Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 08:48:
I wonder exactly what these two guys got up to to make themselves so suspicious to be thrown in prison. Scaled a fence? Maybe you can get away with that in Czech Republic..
14 frames of video, according to Greece. A half second, and you're in jail for 2+ months.

EU member states infighting.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 17, 2012, 08:57 Bet

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 05:16:
Just checked email. Spent 5.00 on the season pass for SR3 - and Amazon gave me a 5.00 credit to be used in Jan on select times. wow.
* Contingent on THQ still being a functioning company, in small print?

Bad joke, considering they're one of my favorite publishers. Will be very sad if the CoH servers shut down... Relic Entertainment, I hope you have a lifeboat.

News Comments > Vice City Temporarily Pulled
11. Similar issue with Hitman Contracts Nov 16, 2012, 14:08 Bet

Seems like they should be able to charge extra for a version of the game without that song.

There's a music issue with a single track in Hitman Contracts that's kept it off Steam (and all digital distribution AFAIK). It's a single track for the Budapest Hotel mission level remade from the very first game.

Issues like this apparently aren't as easy to resolve as logic would make them seem... (remove song?)

News Comments > Game Reviews
21. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 19:17 Bet

entr0py wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 14:10:
I think the fact that Gamespot is lobbying Metacritic to change the review is evidence that they're under some inappropriate pressure from the publisher. Otherwise, merely correcting the errors on their own site would be enough for them. That is the limit of Gamespot's responsibility.
It's an indie, self-published title. Unless they have some insane level of pressure they can lever that Bethesda couldn't in order to raise Fallout: New Vegas scores...

Metacritic is the industry-standard grading system. A black mark there sticks with a developer forever, earned or not.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Science Myths Nov 15, 2012, 06:11 Bet

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 18:44:
Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 16:05:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:46:
#3 is actually what they say. Glass is not a true solid, rather an amorphous solid. I learned that in science in 10th grade, and a year ago again in college. Also, a quick Google will confirm.

Yeah, but it has two main flaws. One, it says "glass isn't a solid," then says "glass is an amorphous solid." That's like saying "Doom isn't a video game, it's a first person video game."

Secondly, it claims stained glass is thicker on the bottom due to flow. It isn't. Glass doesn't flow. It's due to manufacturing decisions.

Ah, yeah, I watched it twice and still missed the part where they said it flows. Yeah, that part is definitely not true.

Another term I love: Glass reinforced polymer. I know what it is, but calling it that makes my head spin. Different Glass reinforced glass might be closer to what it really is.
Science rules! (Fun discussion)

News Comments > Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1?
45. Re: Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1? Nov 12, 2012, 15:49 Bet

Verno wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 15:39:
You can't install metro apps at all without making a microsoft account (or whatever they are calling it this week). Most of the official apps are completely neutered without signing in to it as well. There are no known methods of sideloading Metro apps either. Not that it really matters, most of the apps are either popular ones people have elsewhere or mediocre. I think the best way to treat Windows 8 is acting like Metro doesn't exist by disabling it with third party software, it offers nothing to a desktop user.
They're sure keeping Stardock in business forever, this way!

News Comments > Saturday Previews
6. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 11, 2012, 08:02 Bet

NKD wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 18:16:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 18:13:
I'm happy to see what my money is going towards. I'm not going to complain about having some visibility into their challenges and progress.

Yep. I love transparency like this.
They may also be doing this to provide a shining example for accountability in otherwise mostly-unaccountable crowdfunded games.

This kind of post is probably stress relief from the normal tasks the person is working on. Variety is good.

I wish that 'Other Game' was something of the Fallout variety instead of South Park, but I'm sure that'll be fun. Just not as fun as a Fallout game

PC Gaming > .
6. Re: . Nov 11, 2012, 07:57 Bet

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 11, 2012, 04:20 Bet

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 16:54:
Ohhh I'm liking this a bit more then BSG, but then again I didn't get into all but bits and pieces of it.
BSG is really, really good if you watch it in order. The tension tends to build to those frustratingly tense cliffhanger season finales. (And then drop you off a cliff for 1-2 years)

It's a shame this isn't going ahead as a series. Maybe the viewcounts for the 'movie' will make them rethink.

The lens flare makes me think post-production just set it to Auto and got fired or said to hell with it before this hit the net. Or just isn't finished.

If that's the level of flare they intended, though, it's made me laugh 3 times in 2 episodes. Interesting source of comic relief.

1272 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo