Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaner

Real Name Beaner   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Beaner
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 3, 2001, 10:40
Total Comments 512 (Apprentice)
User ID 9214

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Irrational Games Name Revived
4. Re: Irrational Games Name Revived Jan 8, 2010, 23:44 Beaner

Don't forget the travesty of Tribe Vengeance, the game that killed the Tribes franchise. To this day there are features in Tribes 1 and Tribes 2 that multiplayer games today do not even have. Like 64 man servers, no problem.

I loved Tribes and just hated how it was watered down with Tribes Vengeance. But you cant judge a game company by one game. Irrational Games has a good reputation for creating very good story driven games. I respect them for that. The name change was a bit dumb, but hey when marketing gets in your head you tend to do dumb things.

Tribes Vengeance is just part of the ongoing story of a great game franchise that has been so badly handled and completely mis-understood by game industry insiders. Vivendi had Irrational make Tribes Vengeance because as many fan knows, every frickin suit that tried to understand the game kept thinking it requires an excellent story driven game. Who better to make a story for a game then Irrational games. The Problem is that the story is not really the main meat of what truly made Tribes so popular. It was not the best marriage.

Its sad because Tribes fits today's gaming environment perfectly. Online multiplay gaming grows more popular and yet one of the greats sadly disappears into oblivion.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2010, 23:45.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA on Tiger Woods
42. Re: EA on Tiger Woods Jan 7, 2010, 02:58 Beaner

Well to most of their market base (young testosterone charged males) Tiger Woods is probably considered a hero for his endeavors.  

News Comments > Comcast Buying NBC Universal
22. Re: Comcast Buying NBC Universal Dec 1, 2009, 22:42 Beaner

Insert this laff after the Hulu comment. This posting system is brokedick and sucks a queef.

This format totally isn't web 1.0.

This so called 1.0 comment system has been working its simple ways faithfully for years. Simple and easy to use. Slashdot is the most "fucked up" forum I have ever seen. Its a prime example of extreme unix geeks trying to design an elaborate UI and be more web 2.0 ala Digg. It is horrible. Version 1 of Slashdot was crap and so is the current one.

Regarding Hulu it will be fine. I dont think Comcast would be that stupid to try and immediately impose pay to watch constraints.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2009, 22:49.

News Comments > PC MW2 Outsells CoD4
28. Re: PC MW2 Outsells CoD4 Nov 21, 2009, 06:15 Beaner

There are a lot of Sheep in the woods.  

News Comments > Steam Bans Grey Market MW2 Keys
26. Re: Steam Bans Grey Market MW2 Keys Nov 21, 2009, 06:12 Beaner

LOLS @ private proprietary gaming networks.  

News Comments > On Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC
10. Re: On Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Nov 11, 2009, 03:29 Beaner

Wow MW2 outcry has had its effects.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Modern Warfare 2 (Except for Steam)
138. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Out Nov 10, 2009, 22:56 Beaner

Its pretty, a decent SP, but man the sluggish controls suck. Glad I didnt buy it. Thats what friends are for. One thing this game proves. There are a lot of sheeple suckers out there. Now Im going to play some Shattered Horizons.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2009, 23:00.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Tomorrow
61. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2009, 23:46 Beaner

Battlefield for the win.  

News Comments > EA Announces Record Gains, 1500 Job Cuts
20. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2009, 23:31 Beaner

I blame the used game market. It's contributed to the death of so much potential at the expense of someone not even involved in making games getting huge profits. That's why I don't buy used games and it's why I stopped letting people borrow my games or borrowing games from other people. If I play it, I pay for it.

And you dont think absorbanent costs aren't part of the problem? Movie studios are dealing with the same dilemna. The inflated bloated costs to make games or movies is getting ridiculous. Its like the state of CA. You burn though money like it grows on tree's but of course its never an expenditure issue its always an issue that there isnt enough money and then you blame the used market as a cause. It's questionable when a studio pays millions just to get some celebrity voice over or pay outrageous sums for fancy digs, bean bag chairs and the best of everything for top talent. You force costs higher and want to blame the used market because you cant reap the highest price for your product.

Some of the best new games or movies I have seen this year came from smaller budgets from relativly new or unknown studios. How do they do it on whats considered a low budget? On the game side I've been impressed by Shattered Horizons, on the movie side I far more enjoyed District 9 which cost 30 Million to make versus Transformers big budget of 150 Million.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2009, 23:37.

News Comments > EA Announces Record Gains, 1500 Job Cuts
19. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2009, 23:17 Beaner

public companies are controlled by quarterly earnings. It has nothing to do with the actual state of the company. This is what sucks about public companies. If you want a great job go work for a private company. Heck I'd take a pay cut to work for a smaller private company then a big public goliath.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Midnight Madness
25. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Midnight Madness Nov 5, 2009, 22:26 Beaner

The sheep come out at night...The sheep come out at night...  

News Comments > No RAGE Dedicated Server?
12. Re: No RAGE Dedicated Server? Nov 5, 2009, 22:22 Beaner

Rofl what a fucking joke, seriously, it's almost like publishers want PC gaming to die.

They do. Its all about casual gaming and easy money. Its much easier to make a casual game on a console then make a complex intensive game on the PC. Still, PC gaming will never disappear. Its going to be the upper echelon of gaming. its just the number of titles will be fewer. Most people drive Hyundai's and some people drive BMW's.

News Comments > MW2 Multiplayer: Listen Servers with 18 Player Limit
45. Re: MW2 MP: 18 Player Limit Nov 5, 2009, 00:48 Beaner

I love how developers are going to use "balance" as an excuse for any ol' dumb decision they make.

I agree. Im getting sick and tired of the balance bullcrap arguments. Who are these philosopher kings who are the masters of balancing a game? Many games have gone through an insane amount of balancing changes and at the end of all that the fun and intensity of the game gets depleted. Quit being wimps and nerf humping these games with the stupid balance arguments.

News Comments > Activision Proposed a "Ridiculous" Budget for MW2
23. Re: Infinity Ward: Activision Proposed a Nov 3, 2009, 23:22 Beaner

From King to Tween. I dont know whats making this game worse. Hubris or the suits.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2009, 23:23.

News Comments > Shattered Horizon Trailer
1. Re: Shattered Horizon Trailer Nov 3, 2009, 04:25 Beaner

This game actually looks pretty cool.  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Oct 31, 2009, 06:58 Beaner

Better games are on the horizon for the PC. I just have no need to buy this game anymore.  

News Comments > MW2 Third-Person Mode Confirmed
19. Re: MW2 Third-Person Mode Confirmed Oct 28, 2009, 05:25 Beaner

Its strange that a tween game would be rated M.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Uproar of the Day
19. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Uproar of the Day Oct 28, 2009, 03:45 Beaner

I'm almost willing to bet this was leaked on purpose. So you pissed of all these hard core gamers. release teases of some insanity and get them to bite at buying the game again. Played like a fiddle.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2009, 03:47.

News Comments > PC Gamer UK: Dragon Age "RPG of the Decade"
36. Re: Game Reviews Oct 27, 2009, 02:25 Beaner

A classic for sure lol. Thats playing an RPG.  

News Comments > PC Gamer UK: Dragon Age "RPG of the Decade"
34. Re: PC Gamer: Dragon Age Oct 27, 2009, 02:11 Beaner

I just walk outside, find a stick and go hunt dragons in the backyard. Costs a lot less and the realism...  

512 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo