Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaner

Real Name Beaner   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Beaner
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 3, 2001, 10:40
Total Comments 512 (Apprentice)
User ID 9214

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > OnLive Free Service Plans
9. Re: OnLive Free Service Plans Mar 13, 2010, 00:20 Beaner

I dare someone to post something critical about the service on their blog. It will disapear really fast.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > InstantAction Plans Revealed
7. Re: InstantAction Plans Revealed Mar 11, 2010, 22:09 Beaner

That Barry Diller guy looks like a poster child for Wall Street. Nickel and dime anyone? Why does the Tribes franchise have to always be tied to the worst things imaginable.

Holy shit, I should've read the full post. I missed that fucking gem. They realize most console games are like 7GB these days right?

It actually works ok, but with soem give. The games arent going to be glitzy BF2 style games with that kind of detail or scale. Looke at Quakelive. Its plays ok but it looks like Quake 1 with more colors.

News Comments > EA Servers Down
12. Re: EA Servers Down Mar 9, 2010, 22:33 Beaner

The game industry is the only indusrty I can think of that basically gets away time after time again for selling faulty product. It blows me away.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 9, 2010, 04:09 Beaner

So basically Newegg is telling us these CPU's did not come from D&H but of course they dare not mention who or where they came from. More and more its becoming evident they purchased these cpu's from a cheap possibly black market provider. Perhaps even an overseas black market provider. You have to wonder how they can cut cost so much on some of this stuff.  

News Comments > On Bad Company 2 PunkBuster Errors
2. Re: On Bad Company 2 PunkBuster Errors Mar 9, 2010, 04:02 Beaner

Punkbuster is such a piece of crap.  

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Anniversary
2. Re: QUAKE LIVE Anniversary Feb 25, 2010, 00:10 Beaner

Quake live is cool but after an hour of running around on small little maps it kind of gets boring. I'm an older gamer and loved Action Quake but games are bigger more immersive and so interactive these days. This is appealing for only so long.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away"
39. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 24, 2010, 06:12 Beaner

Blow me away with some better movement. The movement in Battlefield kind of sucks.

Perhaps Project Offset will actually offer something real and meaty to PC gaming.

News Comments > Project Offset Trailer
3. Re: Project Offset Trailer Feb 20, 2010, 04:33 Beaner

I just want to know, is this truly in game vid or just some high res cut scene?  

News Comments > Shattered Horizon: Moonrise Rises
7. Re: Shattered Horizon: Moonrise Rises Feb 18, 2010, 00:19 Beaner

Yes ASJD yet another World War shooter is out there for you to play. The rest of us will enjoy something new and different. Shattered Horizons is a cool game released with very little content. With more content and maps this game has great potential.  

News Comments > Shattered Horizon Patched
5. Re: Shattered Horizon Patched Feb 11, 2010, 23:53 Beaner

Wow is this 1998. Thats quite a patch and update. If they add more content this game would be even better. Its so unique compared to all the other drivel.  

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2
65. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Feb 9, 2010, 05:25 Beaner

PC gaming Dead? Uh I dont know Bad Company 2 looks pretty amazing. Plus there are still plenty of worthy titles coming out for the PC that are not ports. Plus PC games shine for multiplayer. All these single player story driven games dont really mean much to me on the PC.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2010, 05:27.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 5, 2010, 06:13 Beaner

Comcast rebranding..."Loathed so much it requires a name change.." And what a stupid name  

News Comments > The Grinder to PCs
9. Re: The Grinder to PCs Feb 5, 2010, 06:05 Beaner

lol is Rob Halford in this game..  

News Comments > Red 5 Layoffs Confirmed
1. Re: Red 5 Layoffs Confirmed Jan 29, 2010, 01:17 Beaner

Please tell me Scott Youngblood is still on the team. MMOFPS and Scott Youngblood could be epic.  

News Comments > Dark Void Score Release Next Month
12. Re: Dark Void Score Release Next Month Jan 24, 2010, 21:00 Beaner

The game is not bad. At least its a move away from the same ol same ol.. The issue I think is with the controls. They are really more complicated and funked then they need to be. Granted this can become a skill part of the game which is a challenge but it may turn of the casual gamer or the generic FPS gamer. Maybe the controls are better with a joystick but they completely suck with keyboard and mouse. I also wish you could actually play first person. third person makes it more consolish to me.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2010, 21:05.

News Comments > Irrational Games Name Revived
34. Re: Irrational Games Name Revived Jan 11, 2010, 06:06 Beaner

I hate to tell you guys this, but T2 would probably be far more popular then T1 to people who have never played the game. T2 just sucked on release for long time players because they foolishly nerfed the speed and skiing.

So what did they do with Tribes Vengeance? They had a few "insider" competition people (including KP as a dev) who thought that they just needed to make the skiing fast and bring back the speed. They forget everything else. The problem is that you have people who are defiant LT should be the way the game is played and many more who prefer having the dimension of the larger tactical battle elements.

News Comments > Why Shooters Need Dedicated Servers
37. Re: Why Shooters Need Dedicated Servers Jan 10, 2010, 00:48 Beaner

Remember back in the late 90's when we all use to loathe the day gaming would become super commercial. Well here we are. Consoles, watered down games, proprietary game networks, no mods, no dedicated servers. Just wonderful. Oh but those graphics are really cool.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2010, 00:49.

31. Re: Irrational Games Name Revived Jan 10, 2010, 00:46 Beaner

Lets just agree, Irrational games is good for story driven games, not so much for shooters unless its something unique of their own doing.  

22. Re: Irrational Games Name Revived Jan 9, 2010, 03:53 Beaner

I really enjoyed SWAT 4.

It was funny, when Irrational had to dump Tribes Vengeance they still kept support up on Swat 4 which was using the tweaked Unreal 2 engine they used to make Tribes Vengeance. Unreal 2 was horrid for a Tribes game but it seemed to work well for a Swat game.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2010, 03:54.

21. Re: Irrational Games Name Revived Jan 9, 2010, 03:40 Beaner

True. Though, they could just make the game have two different modes: T1 mode which is much faster, doesn't have any vehicles and is more offense-oriented and T2 mode which is slower, vehicle-centric and more defense-oriented. T2 Classic was almost like a T1 mode, though it was still slower and vehicle-centric. Both T1 and T2 were divided into numerous communities. T1 had base, Renegades, Shifter, Annihilation, etc. T2 had base, classic, Team Rabbit 2, etc. I don't see why a dev couldn't just make one game with two different modes of play.

I'd agree although its even simpler then that. You make the game with all the bells and whistles from T1 and T2 (yes vehicles and all) add some cool new stuff. Make sure the speed and physics of T1/T2C are in place and make that "the base game". Then you offer a good "server" piece for competitive play that also allows an admin to easily set rules of his own such as disabling vehicles, certain weapons etc.

Part of what kills Tribes from really growing IS the hardcore competitive players who tend to like minimizing everything for classic competitive LT style of play. Most new people and casual fans will be attracted to larger tactical play which was really the original intent of Tribes gameplay in the first place. Provide the full canvas. From there competitive players can hone the server to their liking. Tribes Vengeance did the reverse and figured as long as speedy skiing was there all would be ok and the community can build in the features they want... big mistake. Problem is that they want to force people to like the way they play Tribes (LT style). It takes some time to build up to that skill level. In the meantime no new players will want to to play if they run into an LT server and they cant enjoy being involved in the fun. Thats why T1 and T2 where so awesome. It had it all for everyone.

512 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo