Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaner

Real Name Beaner   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Beaner
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 3, 2001, 10:40
Total Comments 512 (Apprentice)
User ID 9214

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike Update
5. Re: so old..Yeah Move on...To Tribes. Jul 24, 2004, 03:32 Beaner

Today I play Counter Strike and it gives me the same feel I get when you play on your buddies old Nintendo.

Today I play Tribes or Tribes 2 and its still exciting and fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Dont kill it please. Jul 24, 2004, 03:24 Beaner

Once into the underground base the game takes a dive in fun value for me as I have always been accustomed to Tribes being an open air style of gameplay and the underground base is truly a tightly compacted environment that became a nuisance after awhile running thru tiny corridors and tunnels. This is not to say the game was not chaotic, and fast paced nor is it to say the game starts to lose its appeal, but for a long time Tribes player the confinement in such small environments will take some getting used to...

The article's comment kind of stirs some of my fears about what "some" at Irrational may try and do with Tribes. Some of these guys are deathmatch people (You know the same ones that thought Tribes was a slow mech game and that nothing was better than Quake or Half-Life). Adding a little deathmatch element to Tribes is fine, but for the love of GOD...Please do not let it dominate the game.

Secondly, Lets not water this down so much it gets lost in the realm of a console game graveyard. Sure its good to foster the community and make it easier for new folks to learn the game, but my god do we really need the damn color tacers on everything that flys, and why the hell do you want to confuse things by having a mish mush of color indicators on two team CTF play? The orignal concept of Green for your team and red for the other is a lot simpler to understand than haveing multiple colors going on in a CTF game. The color coding actually works against your goal of making the game easier to understand.

So many times, companies take a good idea and try and improve on it, but insetad too much thought about how to improve a good thing makes it worse. I mean look what Ford did to The Mustang, and how long it took for them to return to the essence of what made the original so popular

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 03:27.

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: i wants it Jul 15, 2004, 22:37 Beaner

Tribes players advanced beyond deathmatch years ago. (God only knows how many of those Quake and half-Life guys called it a Mech game)

I cannot wait for this game. The Grandaddy of Multiplayer team play CTF is back and hopefully ready to kick some arse!

Deathmatch players taste like chicken....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Bike Owns Jul 10, 2004, 03:31 Beaner

You know... Normally I don't gripe about much... But this guy pisses me off

Well of course your pissed off. Not only does he drive bad, I just want to rid the world of the VI dinosaurs, come on man the text editor has evolved...ultraedit forever.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 03:33.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Company perceived as annoying May 21, 2004, 22:59 Beaner

Oracle. Look you can hate Microsoft, but I loathe Oracle. I mean come on, DB2, Symix, SQL, Progress all offer excellent price/performance for the money, and than there was Oracle brash enough to ask three times, four times the money with their slick smurk and arrogance.

How many companies got reamed when they purchased Oracle, the most overly complex, mish mush of a hyped database there has ever been. Ask anyone who has had to administer or for that matter do an install on Oracle. At least MS is proving themselves worthy with very usable, instable and ever improving products.

Yes folks C# on .NET smokes java.

News Comments > Site Seeing
2. Re: Dear Irrational, May 12, 2004, 00:55 Beaner

No way man, Tribes is MY most favorite game in the world. More my favorite than yours =) nah nah nah.

Dont worry about it, looks like this games NOT going to make the Tribes 2 mistakes (although the patched Tribes 2 with classic ROCKS).

I guess all the strafe...crouch...strafe...crouch Counterstrike, Quake guys are finally going to find that there is a world out there beyond the boxed maps and painted walls.

Tribes Vengeance will be mulitplayer of the year candidate for sure.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Revealed
11. Sounds like... Apr 16, 2004, 22:47 Beaner

Sounds like Unreal 2004 AKA Tribes

Actually the more I read about a lot of these games the more they sound like Tribes.

News Comments > Starsiege TRIBES & TRIBES 2 for Free
19. Yes...The return of the King. Apr 10, 2004, 21:19 Beaner

Tribes as many vets know was truly an innovator when it came out that was unfortunately overshadowed by the old school deathmatch games Quake and Half-Life.

These days many of the new games hitting the market are taking concepts from Tribes and converting over to CTF style team warfare games.

Its great to see the push and bring the spotlight back on the grand daddy of all the teamwarfare games. Hope they release free Tribes 2 fully patched with the classic mod.

Hey vets get ready for all the newbie carnage ready to hit the servers. Its gonna be fun watching all the Quake Half-Life guys running around strafing, crouching and camping, the movement in Tribes is going to freak em out.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Unreal 2004...Tribes Reloaded Apr 7, 2004, 01:59 Beaner

I cannot WAIT for Tribes Vengeance. Its obvious the gaming community is grabbing all sorts of concepts from Tribes.

Amazingly enough a lot of the Quakers dont even recognize this as they actually speak how much they like Unreal 2004 vs the Unreal of the past. Thats because it played like Quake with worse physics.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Re: Tribes Mar 3, 2004, 04:19 Beaner

Irrational rocks. They are going to bring this game back to the forfornt where it belongs. CS was cool, but this game is truly one of the best CTF multiplay games even today.

Damn I can not wait..

News Comments > TRIBES Departure
23. Re: They're coming for you Feb 5, 2004, 02:41 Beaner

FuriousJodo,

Actually I hardly use the chaingun, My trick is more with gernades, sniper rifle and the good ole disc launcher. The chaingun is a standard staple of both Tribes 1 and Tribes 2. I can guarantee, and Im calling it right now, overheating the chaingun will piss off a lot of folks. I'm telling you its almost as bad as if they removed the jet pack which is inherently part of Tribes gameplay..

I guess we'll have to wait for the beta to see how the community responds.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 02:43.

News Comments > TRIBES Departure
7. Re: They're coming for you Feb 4, 2004, 01:24 Beaner

Marweas will be missed, but perhaps some new ideas are needed to fix some mistakes from the past. I would say this to irrational...Please oh please dont dumb down the game too much this is NOT a console game.

The WOFN footage looked good...blurry but good. My only concern is that every damn time someone else comes along to improve something that was good in the first place they tend to make things worse.

Irrational is putting great care, hopefully in movement and feel, but Im not so hip on some things that are standard expectations from vet tribes players.

1. Letting the chaingun overheat and lock up...MAJOR mistake. You mess with the chaingun, disc launcher, and laser rifle too much youll mess up Tribes as bad as if you removed the jet pack all together.

2. boost on the jet. Leave this for the mods. Just make sure skiing is as it should be.

3. Having to access inv to obtain packs, weapons etc. Utilize the Tribes 2 concept where you can at least preselect your setup.

and what the heck is with the flying pod thingy...Leave the skriek as is a vehicle, not a lazy boy chair with boosters.

Ok other than that the game Looks good, but then again that what they said about Tribes 2 when it was in development.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance & Sacred Movies
28. Tribes to earn its due.. Feb 2, 2004, 01:56 Beaner

The innovation and unique aspect of Tribes as a game was unfortuantely overshadowed by the deathmatch momentum of games like Quake and half-Life. Half-Life took of due to its great single player game (which contributed to more folks playing the mulitplayer game).

That was too bad because many of us who play Tribes know that playing a deathmatch style game with a CTF mod, the move forward, back, strafe right strafe left of games like Quake and half-Life bored the hell out of you after playing Tribes for awhile. While many of the die hard quakers eschewed Tribes as a Mech game (LOL) they had no idea what they where missing. A mech game please....

When Tribes 2 came out it was unfortunately plagued with bugs and patches, and in some ways its hardware requirements where ahead of its time. This just worsened the situation, even though Tribes 2 with the latest patch (Specifically classic Tribes 2) Rocks!

Today many of the new games are moving toward CTF, teamplay style gameplay, with vehicles, and a somewhat fully immersive environement (another unique aspect of Tribes). Tribes was really the first great real time game to provide this type of gameplay in a fully immersive environement.

Now we have Games like Battlefield etc, and although these are all newer games, their gameplay is still old. Maps are not fully immersive, and characters just dont have the same range of movement.

Thank God for Irrational and the team that decided to bring this underground winner back to life. Tribes deserves a trophy sitting alongside games like Quake and half-Life. Hopefully Tribes vengeance wont have the same bad release that plagued Tribes 2...That would be a shame.

Also. the recent gamespy article on Tribes Vengeance said the following about Tribes which is pretty ironic.

[iffy
After over five years, can Tribes' gameplay still compete with the Counter-Strikes and Battlefield of the world?[/i]

No wonder these lugnuts dont get it. I think the writer is dyslexic. The quote should have said:

[i]After over five years, can Counter-Strikes and Battlefield gameplay still compete with Tribes?[/i]

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Preview, Q&A
29. No subject Oct 14, 2003, 03:41 Beaner

Id rather it play Like Tribes 2 classic. Not T1 base, Not T2 base, T2 classic.

I personally prefer T2 classic overall even T1 base which feels pretty klunky if you've ben playing T2 classic for awhile.

News Comments > PlanetSide Trial
19. Re: Credit Card needed right? Jul 19, 2003, 22:29 Beaner

Just play tribes 2. Its free. Its team based with objectives (CTF). Its got large terrains, Its got tribes with names and indentification which you the player create, Its got vehicles.

Mark my word, Tribes Vengeance and Half-Life 2 will be the number one new online multiplayer games to be released in the future.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Q&A
117. Re: abelincon.. Jul 2, 2003, 06:02 Beaner

Yogi,

No offense, but Im tired of the T1 whiners that constantly complain about T2. Yes out of the box it was buggy, skiing was limited etc.

Today with the final patch applied, playing T2 classic, you have no excuses. T2 classic rocks, its got the speed, its got disc mining, skiing galore, and with all that, you have the extra elements of T2 that Tribes 1 does not have

satchels, shocklance, beter vehicles (flaying flag grabs with a shriek in T2 ROCK compared to the wimpy vehicle in T1) You have bombers (awww Mr bandwidth you mean offensive players without boombastic connections can actually attack you and reap damage?), concussion gernades, missile launchers VS flares shall I go on..

Dont get me wrong T1 was a great game, but T2 with Mods like classic bring T2 to a higher level.

Anyway regardless of which version we like T1 or T2, I think all us Tribes lovers hope that T3 will be the holy grail we can "all" enjoy again.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 06:03.

102. Re: abelincon.. Jun 30, 2003, 06:28 Beaner

S3, 5150 etc thats ther past. There are some damn good Tribes and players now within the T2 community that waould easily compete with any of those Tribes of old. That was then, this is now.

98. Re: abelincon.. Jun 29, 2003, 22:34 Beaner

abelincon, KP played tribes at its most primitive?? Gala was argeubly the peak of tribes competition and KP's team ([IE]) won it. This was the only time you really had all the powerhouses of mid-late tribes, minus RG, in one tourny. (=s3=,POE,5150,[IE],NuTz)

One of the reason (=s3=,POE,5150,[IE],NuTz) dwindled after Tribes 2 was because Tribes 2 was actually in some ways far more balnced than T1. These guys couldnt handle the fact that with their super beefed out broadband they couldnt join pubs and easily cap out a game (can someone call the Whaaaambulance please)

Tribes 2 classic is the best right now. It offers T1 speed, but still make it a bit harder for a team to cap out. I've played on seom server lately an noticed some of these veterans popping up and they just cant dominate like they use to. There is a chance for a good player on a slower connection to actually deem a kill when they hit you. Awwww too bad.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 22:36.

87. Re: No doubt Jun 27, 2003, 21:35 Beaner

Hey for those of us that can comprehend something other than a fire button, strafe left, strafe right, run and crouch, maybe we can re-market a joystick for all the Half-Life, Quake folks that find Tribe too complicated. I mean I would love to disc, shocklance or snipe that fool from the air overhead, or better yet how about a Shriek run on all those H2, Quake snipers that like to stand in one hidden spot and snipe. Oh the joy.

86. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2003, 21:29 Beaner

Last note about jet packs: They are ESSENTIAL in a game the size of Tribes. If you want to see why, go play PlanetSide for a while, and see how much of your time is spend running on the ground from place to place. It's a mind numbing experience.

I couldnt agree more. But then again how could the Half Life, Quake players even understand that concept when their games took place in boxed rooms with textures painted on the wall. Jet Packs where probaly one of the most brilliant ideas added to Tribes. The game would not have had the gameplay its famous for without the jet packs. Also, folks forget that Tribes innovated the voice binding key command you now see in so many games.

512 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo