Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaner

Real Name Beaner   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Beaner
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 3, 2001, 10:40
Total Comments 512 (Apprentice)
User ID 9214

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
40. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 20:42 Beaner

another vote, fix th damn key mapping. In future versions, it would be nice if vehicles could be better controlled with the mouse. Its insane playing a game where I need to use a keyboard, mouse and a joystick.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
48. Re: Top 10 Deadliest Animals Jul 13, 2005, 23:29 Beaner

EA and Vivendi two of a kind. Well at least Tribes 2 eventually became a great game, but then it was too late.

Whats funny is that BF2 borrowed a lot of ideas from Tribes 2 so naturally the buggy release has to follow suit. You know, a great game thats just a bit ahead of the rest but plagued with glitches, bad patches and reverse patches.

These types of ambitious MP titles need to be indie developed so they are released "when they are ready". But hey we all contributed to EA's surge in revenue yay.
This comment was edited on Jul 13, 23:34.

News Comments > The Mod Squads
6. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2005, 20:56 Beaner

If it comes anywhere near the magic that was T1 and T2, it'll get played. A lot.

Well this game WONT be Tribes. Understand that. Its based of Starsiege which is more a mech game. I'm sure it will be great, but dont expect the fast paced jetpack battling in Tribes. Possibly a Tribes MOD will be built on it.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 20:58.

News Comments > The Mod Squads
5. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2005, 20:47 Beaner

Lets not forget they are making this on the TGE, the older version of Torque (the newer improved version of the T2 engine).

Word has it that they may migrate to TSE which is Garage Games new flagship engine with all the modern bells and whistles along with the great terrain and netcode.

http://www.garagegames.com/mg/snapshot/view.php?qid=1013

Also, Loose rumours and hints in the air that maybe...just maybe some at garage games (large portion of Dynamix) may work on another Tribes game which is exactly where it belongs...far away from Vivendi, although Vivendi is partially backing clancore because they keep effing up everything Starsiege. They have gold franchise, but they keep turning it into crap. Thanks god for clancore and other indies switching to torque and making some quality.

Also for some of you yes, Torque is best suited for Tribes, not the shifty large terrrain limited engines that come to a crawl with large landscapes and more than say 15 players. (Unreal etc). But Tribes 1 was based on the older Darkstar engine which was before torque.

Tribes is a classic among the classics. Its sad to see what Vivendi has done to the franchise.
This comment was edited on Jul 11, 20:53.

News Comments > BF2 Hotfix Coming - Downgrade Suggested
18. Re: *snickers* Jul 9, 2005, 04:53 Beaner

I still don't get this at all. DICE has turned out 4 consequetive buggy releases. EA puts out non-buggy releases all the time. Why is this not the fault of DICE?

Because the publisher is the one that will rush the project out to market regardless of its finshed state. Deadlines and shareholders are more important than our concerns to get a truly complete product. Most programmers would honestly want more time to complete the many game projects they are working on. This games far more complex than the EA sport titles most of you think about in regards to EA. No other industry gets away with this as badly as the gaming industry publishers.
This comment was edited on Jul 9, 04:56.

News Comments > BF2 Hotfix Coming - Downgrade Suggested
6. Re: *snickers* Jul 9, 2005, 00:02 Beaner

And just remember how great Tribes 2 became after the onslaught of patches and reverse patches. This is a good game, lets hope it follows suit.

Its still amazes me games are released in such a state, but I blame that more on the publisher than the developer. Like T2 at its time BF2 is a step up in mulitplayer gaming and with that you are pushing the envelope.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 00:14.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Issues
49. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 22:54 Beaner

[if this is a nail, it is 178,999th nail in the coffin, and it still hasn't closed the lid. This is typical, and always will be on the PC when you have a nearly infinite possible combination of hardware/drivers/software. Take the good with the bad, push for timely patches, but always expect the need for them.[i]

You have a point about the complexities of building games for the PC, BUT, before any serious MP PC game enthusiasts considers a console, the games had better be 10 times more complex, offer far more control and allow for the use of a joystick and mouse...end of story. No real PC game enthusiast could consider a game that requires a joystick and 3 buttons anything of merit. Its like some kid thinking hes bad ass racing at the Daytona 500 with his tricked out Honda Civic.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 22:55.

News Comments > BF2 Server Fix Testing
43. Re: bf2 bugs Jul 8, 2005, 22:40 Beaner

EA and Vivendi two of a kind. And no, none of you will ever organize an effective boycott. Youre just dumb kids that play games with money to spend. Sorry but thats the way they see it, and if they throw enough eye candy your way you'll suck it up. Oh no returns on software sorry.

Choose your spawn point or else
http://www.gigashare.com/files/embed/1339262107.html

Run away if you see an organized group of Tribes players.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 00:05.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Issues
44. NOW IS THE TIME FOR INDIE GAMES Jul 7, 2005, 22:04 Beaner

Indie Games, we need to seperate game development from publishers or a publisher founded by game developers and gamers.

Now I dont feel so bad being a fan of the Tribes franchise. This is even worse then the release of Tribes 2. Waiting on Quake Enemy Territory.

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 22:06.

News Comments > Sin II Tease Decoded
56. Re: Whee! Jun 27, 2005, 06:24 Beaner

Sin had some of the wildest mulitplayer maps. I loved it. The rocket launcher in sin ruled.

News Comments > BF2 Linux Server Issue?
80. GG in need Jun 27, 2005, 06:21 Beaner

Garage Games...we need TSE stat. The gaming world needs your Atlas terrain and smooth netcode if they are to move out of the box.

News Comments > BF2 Stats Updated
36. Re: Who cares? Jun 27, 2005, 06:13 Beaner

The whole ranked server unlock weapons thing is well. stupid. Just stupid. You have a pretty good game, and then some bozo comes up with these types of goofball ideas to kill everything.

The server list feature in these games needs to abide by one rule: KISS Keep it simple stupid.
This comment was edited on Jun 27, 06:18.

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Jun 26, 2005, 21:04 Beaner

Man these idiots in hollywood are going to get burned. The same way Time Warner is getting burned with the AOL deal.

Simple storytelling a good game does not make. Most great games in the future wont be about a scripted stories, unlocking puzzles etc. They will be about great gameplay. I repeat...gameplay especially great MULITPLAYER gameplay. Completely different.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 2
108. Re: no thanks Jun 22, 2005, 06:58 Beaner

Its growing so rapidly because there are far more newb casual gamers. Enthusiasts stick to more complex PC games.

News Comments > The Matrix Online Follow-up
5. Re: Bwing? Jun 19, 2005, 01:37 Beaner

Any game built around gameplay concepts from a Movie Producer, Director or actor is going to SUCK.

Honestly Hollywood just doesnt get it. If anything just fork out money to good developers and let them be the creative ones. This isnt the movies! And yes The Wachowski brothers got lucky with the first movie. Their true talents as writers revealed themseleves with the abortions called matrix 2 and 3.

The only Director that might actually be good at conceiving a good game is James Cameron. Now thats a talented guy.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 01:40.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Servers Released
19. Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 22:04 Beaner

Yes Quake Wars...and good old Tribes.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
64. Re: No subject Jun 16, 2005, 02:23 Beaner

This is THE Batman. Its going to kick ass and the cast is stellar.

News Comments > BF2 Linux Server - Hacked Servers De-listed
65. Re: Way to support the community Jun 15, 2005, 22:49 Beaner

I have yet to see the game community effectively boycott anything. but it isnt going to happen. Im not saying I dont agree. I'd love to boycott the crap out of VU (Now you all know what kind of crap the Tribes franchise has been dragged through). Its kind of funny seeing another franchise community going through the same bitch fest. Sucks doesnt it.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 22:55.

News Comments > etc.
5. VU these nuts in your mouth... Jun 15, 2005, 22:40 Beaner

I pity any game franchise that gets aquired by VU.

News Comments > BF2 Linux Server - Hacked Servers De-listed
25. Re: Way to support the community Jun 15, 2005, 01:27 Beaner

You know you all will still buy the game. This is a DEMO is it not? Geez. I could understand all the whine if this was the actual paid for game, but its a DEMO.

Now if you paid your 50 bucks and then they start pulling this type of lockdown crap, then let the shit hit the fan.

By the way, this is a trend that will continue folks. Games are big money now and for all the money spent on these games, a profit needs to be obtained. You have Half-Life 2 with Steam, CD Keys etc. Lastly, all the whine points us right at all those potential hack/cheat fo rank players that will now have to actually play competitively.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 01:43.

512 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo