Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaner

Real Name Beaner   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Beaner
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 3, 2001, 10:40
Total Comments 512 (Apprentice)
User ID 9214

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Next Month
12. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Next Month Oct 9, 2011, 05:11 Beaner

I like that they mentioned fixing speed issues and that the alpha testers said the speed from a stand still and momentum need to be better. Those are nuance things that made Tribes different from a plain jane FPS with jetpacks bolted on.

Some of the other things they mentioned are a big downer. I really really hate their forcing the fixed classes and weapon limits. Thats terrible. Its not Tribes at all. For those of you who havent been following the game. There will not be any ability to customize your armor to your liking. They will have fixed classes with set loadouts. Additonally you cannot carry certain loadouts. For example as it stands right now you couldnt carry a spinfusor, rifle chain combo. You cant carry a spinfusor, chain, gernade combo. etc. Lastly one of the reasons is because you will be limited to two weapons only. They are really screwing up the loadout system so they can cater the loadouts for the P2P model.

Oh and apparently a majority of the weapons are hitscan not projectile.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2011, 05:18.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
86. Re: id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms Oct 8, 2011, 03:27 Beaner

I thought we were going through this resurgence of everyone suddenly moving toward PC gaming again. Of all the people to do the reverse... lol Carmack.  

News Comments > DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now"
25. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 26, 2011, 05:15 Beaner

You should have never left numbnut's.  

News Comments > NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends
26. Re: NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends Sep 24, 2011, 01:04 Beaner

I remember when so many in the gaming industry were sounding the death toll for PC gaming. The industry forgot to consider that all those young casual gamers are growing up. Its no longer a few of us old school PC gamers. Its a whole generation of young gamers who are now far more sophisticated in their taste's.  

News Comments > Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games
60. Re: Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games Sep 22, 2011, 02:32 Beaner

@kanniball because a lot of young folks today have been desensitized to poor quality. Both with audio and video. No one is going to deny streaming will grow. Its the future. But currently a lot of the stramed movies I've watched are pretty bad quality.  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Alpha Key Giveaway
34. Re: Tribes: Ascend Alpha Key Giveaway Sep 18, 2011, 03:53 Beaner

Those of you that claim "jump" doesnt mean anything and that you played T1 are full of shit. They didnt call it "jump skiing" for no reason. Part of being able to carve was attributed to the ability to jump and ski. I know some of you are too young to understand that but oh well.

My biggest gripe is with the loadout changes. Tribes has always been (from day one) about customizing your loadout. They are changing a core attribute of the game and I hate it. Additonally the two weapon limit, the change to COD style machine guns versus the traditional wweapons that were available in standard 3, 4 and 5 weapon loadouts are gone. T1 had it, T2 had it, even TV had it. There are other gay things like the auto-regeneration and the Unreal engine limits that bring back hard boxed boundries to tribes. Knowing the devs those hard boundries will be too close to the playing area just like the gayness in Tribes Vengeance.

When I look at what cornboy is doing with Firefall I understand why he rules. Yeah Firefall doesnt have skiing but you can see he's not going to rip out all of the customization and movement capability in his game. God I wish it was Dynamix back making this game. I also understand why he and the folks at Red5 gave the unreal engine the finger. Hard boundries in tribes... lol.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2011, 04:02.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Delayed Until Next Year; Closed Beta Nears
21. Re: Tribes: Ascend Delayed Until Next Year; Closed Beta Nears Sep 15, 2011, 01:22 Beaner

Maybe..just maybe the delay is due to the fact that they are getting quite a bit of backlash for the loadout and weapon changes. The hardest part about tribes is getting the physics and skiing right. They decided to make things more difficult for themselves by changing a lot of everything else.  

News Comments > Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans
35. Re: Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans Aug 20, 2011, 03:22 Beaner

Wasnt it epic not too long ago who basically said the PC is no longer their focus? So I guess PC gaming isn't dead. Oh Epic.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Patched
11. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Patched Aug 3, 2011, 03:05 Beaner

mag wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 01:31:
That's just the way games are, these days, for a couple of reasons. Console gamepads can't handle rapid weapon cycling, and the new push toward "realism" means that devs don't feel like they can justify a single man walking around with fifteen guns.

I find that mentality silly. Unless its some super realistic army shooter its a frickin game with aliens and a shrink gun. Lol devs these days.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features
38. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 30, 2011, 03:18 Beaner

Dev wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 19:38:
Woulda been nice to listen to this feedback given BEFORE the game was released. Instead you waited to see the low sales then thought "huh, maybe we SHOULD throw gamers a bone and give them what they asked for before the game was out"

Oh well, by the time this game hits $15 or so and I'm willing to buy it, it will be patched up and I can enjoy it for what it is.

Hey Hi-Rez before you botch up Tribes with limited loadouts read this over 500 times.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend at QuakeCon
11. Re: Tribes: Ascend at QuakeCon Jul 20, 2011, 00:32 Beaner

I hope they change their mind about some of this stuff. Its not Tribes at all. No custom classes and loadout limits. Meh...  

News Comments > Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend
47. Re: Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend Jul 12, 2011, 08:58 Beaner

That thread is old. I'm surprised it got posted to Reddit so late. Notice the responses were purged and locked because there was an overflow of negative responses.

Hump wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 21:52:
If its fun, I'm playing the fucking thing, especially for free.

Its a game folks, it ain't wall street....

CH, obviously it won't be the original Tribes (or the other two either). Having said that, if you enjoy that style of play and you don't have to shell out a dime, whats the problem? It's either this or no Tribes or Tribes-like gameplay at all.

No, it's not what any of us would ask for in a Tribes game but half a loaf is better than no loaf (bad cliche's, I know)

Well if its half a loaf we can all stick to playing Tribes 1 or Tribes 2, get the full loaf and its free. So sad. The Grandaddy innovative FPS has just been hung out to dry ever since the break up of Dynamix.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2011, 09:05.

News Comments > BioShock: Infinite E3 Trailer
20. Re: BioShock: Infinite E3 Trailer Jul 10, 2011, 10:07 Beaner

Hope you all like scripted gameplay..press button A.  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer
36. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 28, 2011, 04:10 Beaner

OK forgo the speed, the physics etc. From what I'm reading they are borking the loadout system completely. Granted this is rumor, but if this stuff is true how can any of you honestly say this will be a good Tribes game. How could you even call it Tribes. I don't care how fast it plays.

Primary weapons in loadouts. As an example since a disc launcher and laser rifle are primary weapons you cannot carry both. Imagine telling quake players the missile launcher and railgun are primary weapons, You cannot carry both.

No jumping, no disc jumping.

Ok seriously. I don't care who you are. If this is true they should not even call this game tribes. what shit.

more on their response. I guess with tribes history truly does always repeat itself.
http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=37499

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2011, 04:21.

28. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 27, 2011, 22:57 Beaner

Hump wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 17:42:
Not surprisingly, the brain trust at TribalWar doesn't seem to like it.

Of course no one here will either.

Utterly amazing how people can look at a 60 second trailer and decide that it will suck.

Looks like Tribes to me. Why don't you wait to see how they're going to make money on this before flying off the handle.

you mean using rational thought? C'mon cutter, you've been here long enough to know that you're asking the impossible....

Its not the video for me. The graphics look pretty cool and I understand this is still in testing. Its what they just said about purchasing loadout's that is a concern. Lastly forcing two weapon minimum and turning the chaingun into a COD style machine gun? Yeah there is a lot to bitch about without watching the video. Maybe we are all interpreting this information incorrectly. If that is the case, someone needs to fire that writer at IGN or the person they interviewed.

By the way this isn't just causing concern at tribalwar. Go to any Tribes forum unrelated to TW. There are a lot of people concerned about the loadout change and purchasing loadouts. This has absolutely nothing to do soley with the usual asshats at TW. They are legit concerns period..

27. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 27, 2011, 22:36 Beaner

The graphics look nice but there are a lot of concerns especially after reading that article. Selling loadouts as micro transactions is bad enough, but to limit a player to two weapons? Don't like that at all. Also did they turn the tribes chaingun into a military style machine gun? wtf is that about? This isn't halo or COD its suppose to be Tribes. Boy do I hope they clarify this mess.

Jerykk wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 19:52:
I don't have a problem with F2P. I have a problem with F2P that charges for things that affect gameplay. TF2 does not force you to pay for anything that affects gameplay. All weapons and items can be obtained for free. T:A, on the other hand, forces you to pay for each loadout. There's a big difference. Hi-Rez should scrap their current plan and instead charge only for cosmetic items.

This is pretty much the crux of the problem with this new reveal. Firefall, TF2 all these F2P games will sell cosmetic microtransaction items. Things that do not affect gameplay. I'm actually shocked Hi-Rez said they will sell loadouts. Lastly to put salt on the wound they want to limit the number of held weapons to two? wtf are they thinking?

Why cant we have just one developer make a nice looking tribes with everything we loved about the game. Go ahead and throw in some of your new stuff. But why must they always mess with things that have been a characteristic of the game for years. Its like taking quake and forcing you to buy a loadout with the railgun or missile. Taking counterstrike and making you pay for the ability to use gernades or wear shields. Of course those franchises will never have to deal with this type of crap. Just Tribes.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2011, 22:53.

News Comments > PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend
43. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 24, 2011, 02:37 Beaner

Overon wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 14:41:
Tribes 2 had 64 man servers almost a decade before any other first person shooter. How can they possibly not have dedicated servers? How can you play a game where you need to lead your target in the z access peer to peer? Please.

Well other than eye candy its a known fact gaming is devolving. 32 players = Unreal Engine.

25. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 22, 2011, 06:18 Beaner

Bumpy wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 22:01:
Total BS till I see it happen. Crysis2 and The Witcher 2 are prime examples of this BS.

Well at least they aren't chained down by a big publisher. The Tribes franchise has been a sad victim of publisher stupidity and ignorance.

24. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 22, 2011, 06:09 Beaner

They did mention no mods, mapping or dedicated servers in other interviews. Granted they may change their tune on some of that at a later date. Who knows.  

News Comments > Capcom on PC Gaming
11. Re: Capcom on PC Gaming May 13, 2011, 00:07 Beaner

I've always said this about PC gaming. Its not dying, its been dormant. A generation of gamers fed for years on consoles are becoming more and more familiar with online gaming (versus single player campaign games). Publishers are realizing there's big money in online gaming and go figure, some of them are discovering there is big dollars beyond casual gaming. PC gaming seems to be on a growth spurt again thank God. It just means that consoles will become more like PC's dressed in sheeps clothing.  

512 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo