Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaner

Real Name Beaner   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Beaner
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 3, 2001, 10:40
Total Comments 512 (Apprentice)
User ID 9214

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Report
15. No subject Aug 20, 2008, 00:08 Beaner

Our analysis clearly shows incredible growth in online PC gaming, proof that this industry is far stronger than anyone has reported,” said Stude. “Today’s consumers shop where they live - online.

I would just like to preface this by saying: "Duh.".

Online Multiplay has always been superior to consoles and its been around a lot longer. Also even with the growing addition of network gaming on consoles, the game controls in themselves are not as extensive, the games are more watered down and lets not even get into community made content, maps, mods etc.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 00:13.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bionic Commando Trailer
12. Re: No subject Aug 17, 2008, 01:55 Beaner

Wow this is looks very cool. Finally an FPS that isnt just walk strafe run

News Comments > New Legions Map
6. Re: No subject Aug 13, 2008, 22:26 Beaner

Its quite funny. When the game started they were obviously trying to differentiate it from Tribes but yet keep it similiar. They ran into some pitfalls and obviously a large number of Tribes players who werent too keen on some of the attributes of the game. Since then its becoming more Tribes like which is great. No one even knew they would add what is basically a light class (outrider) and also they are adding what is basically the heavy (sentinel). But its pretty much a skeleton of a game right now. Hardly any content. There are also questionable issues with the whole browser thing.

I still hope someday, some dev company worthy will actually make a good successor. Not Tribes like but Tribes.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 22:28.

News Comments > Bionic Commando & PhysX
13. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2008, 23:48 Beaner

The video for the game looked pretty interesting. Not the typical FPS. PhysX or not I'll give it a whirl.

News Comments > Ken Levine: BioShock Rescued the Shooter
51. Re: Wow Aug 11, 2008, 06:26 Beaner

Everything has to be dumbed down or made console-friendly.

Wow I'm impressed he said that.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Interview & Open Letter
5. Re: From excited to bleh... Aug 6, 2008, 23:34 Beaner

Someone needs to speed up the MMO.

News Comments > Carmack: "Steve Jobs Doesn't Care About Games"
26. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 23:44 Beaner

Steve Jobs is the typical example of hubris. Such potential but his attitude keeps the company from going as far as it could possibly go. He's also the reason Apple has been so slow to make Business/Enterprise friendly products.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 23:48.

News Comments > Mobilization
1. No subject Aug 3, 2008, 22:14 Beaner

Lol Apple suckered by AT&T. Old bruiser got one on the young guy.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 22:14.

News Comments > Quake Live Trailer
15. Re: Meh Jul 21, 2008, 23:49 Beaner

Is this what happens when corporate America gets highly excited about game revenues? Good God man we need some rebels in the industry to break these freaky trends.

News Comments > Bionic Commando Trailer
5. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2008, 02:40 Beaner

Wow the movement in this game can even get a Tribes fan somewhat excited. Didnt like Tribes Vengeance as much as the first two Tribes games but this should excite people who like the grapple in Tribes Vengeance.

News Comments > Fallen Empire: Legions Beta
23. Re: Fun Jun 25, 2008, 05:13 Beaner

Unfortunately, that's never going to happen. Developers don't make AAA PC-exclusive shooters anymore and there's no way Tribes would work if it was designed for a console.

And Hence the reason why more then half of them scratch their head at Valve thinking what is their magic?. I wish Valve created Tribes because it would be flourishing , It just would look a lot better and the graphics wouldnt be so cheesy.

By the way whats the deal with the Legions model. It looks like a taller than average dwarf.
This comment was edited on Jun 25, 05:15.

20. Re: Fun Jun 25, 2008, 03:49 Beaner

Well after a few matches I can say that it's good fun. I encountered some connection problems and crashes and the sniper rifle is kinda weird. But the movement is there and it's easy to jump in.

Thats the thing to be different they have to purposely make some things different and that rifle is one good example. Its funny because in many ways they try reverse engineering the game so its not exactly like Tribes but yet they can call it Tribes like 0o. So we have a laser rifle that must be charged first before you can fire versus firing and losing charge in Tribes and the binds to jet and ski are reversed. I understand about the "hardcore thing". But with every sequel or similiar game it runs into a wall because of the idea that they must change things to either make it easier or just well to be different. That hasnt fared so well for either T2 when it was released or TV.

My point is that you dont see other big franchises like CS:S etc changing things up all the time because things are too hardcore for new players.
This comment was edited on Jun 25, 03:50.

18. Re: No subject Jun 25, 2008, 03:40 Beaner

In all honesty I hate to call this Tribes because its not. Its similar yes, but just not quite the same. Granted its early beta but there is something about it that leaves me meh.

Its kind of frustrating being a Tribes fan. I mean seriously its such a great game and yet its been dragged through so much of "hey how can we change this" or "we need to improve that" or "nerf this" that it never ends up being the classic. Hell more than half the original fanbase will be Grandparents by the time someone actually gets it.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 03:41.

News Comments > Huxley Trailer
10. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2008, 04:33 Beaner

I agree on the pre rendered crap. I want to see atual in game footage. Sheesh.

News Comments > Carmack on Crysis
16. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2008, 02:20 Beaner

Carmack had his day, but I agree with a lot of you he's somewhat kidding himself. Crysis graphics wise showed up his engine megatextures and all.

News Comments > Valve on PC Gaming
10. Re: STEAM May 31, 2008, 06:07 Beaner

I love Valve. Console games are getting better but they have limitations and the controls in a PC game verusus the console variant is always so much more extensive. Also I couldnt get into console FPS games until they give us full keyboard and mouse support. There is no way I will play a "good" FPS with a joystick.

This comment was edited on May 31, 06:08.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
32. PC gaming is safe... Apr 23, 2008, 03:35 Beaner

If you think about it, some of the most groundbreaking games in terms of online mulitplay and even graphics have actually been PC games. WOW, Crysis etc.

Right now the suit game industry is focusing on consoles because they are easier to develop, and they are catering to the "casual gamer". Games are becoming mainstream so the focus is on the average joe. Much like AOL was the internet to many who were new to this whole internet superhighway thing.

Those things change. Whats new and exciting to the casual gamer will become common and many of them will discover more indepth so called niche titles or franchises OR console games will become more indepth and hopefully match many of the great gameplay attributes of many great PC titles. You already see consoles slowly becoming more networkable, built in nic's etc. They are little PC's in sheeps clothing. Enthusiast gaming will never die, its just going through changes. PC games will be mostly enthusiast oriented but I see the two merging someday. Eventually the day may come where someone on an XBOX can play on the same server as someone with a PC.

Also many of the new big secretive ground breaking game companies working on secret projects are catering their games for the PC first. The Project Offset's, The Red 5's etc. These people are working on some crazy insane game tech and its not catered to consoles initially.

News Comments > More id on PC Gaming
97. Re: No subject Mar 21, 2008, 02:32 Beaner

Yeah but Creston I can "mod" my X-box with these cool case covers ....sarcasm =P

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 02:32.

News Comments > More id on PC Gaming
90. Re: No subject Mar 21, 2008, 00:02 Beaner

Why the frick is it so hard for these consoles to provide keyboard and mouse support? More hardcore PC people like myself would be willing to try a console if that were the case. I refuse to use a damn joystick and the lame limited controls of a joystick to play a "good" fps. Thats like someone buying me a Trek and putting training wheels on it or a G37 and governing the engine.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 00:06.

News Comments > Tim Sweeney Q&A - Epic's Console Engine
19. No subject Mar 13, 2008, 20:49 Beaner

If Unreal 3 was any indication of Epic's game making prowess then I am glad to say: Goodbye. Glossy engine, so so gameplay.

512 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo