Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaner

Real Name Beaner   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Beaner
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 3, 2001, 10:40
Total Comments 512 (Apprentice)
User ID 9214

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Section 8 Beta
8. Re: Section 8 Beta Jul 4, 2009, 03:45 Beaner

its slow and kludgy. It had potential but then they probably decided to target console gamers. What is it with tageting console games and skittish slow shitty movement.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2009, 03:45.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Firefox 3.5
37. Re: Firefox 3.5 Jul 1, 2009, 08:41 Beaner

I love firefox but to be honest Im really not finding 3.5 to feel as snappy and fast as I expected. Chrome is still much snappier and faster then FF 3.5. Sorry its just the truth.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Footage
12. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Jun 12, 2009, 04:46 Beaner

They sat on development of this game for too long. Before they new it the tech became dated as time went by.  

News Comments > E3 2009 PC Wrap-up
31. Re: E3 2009 PC Wrap-up Jun 8, 2009, 07:32 Beaner

Hey Guys, don't you want to play your games in a browser? Smartass  

News Comments > Avatar: The Game Details
28. Re: Avatar: The Game Details Jun 3, 2009, 08:50 Beaner

I really look forward to the movie could care less about the game. I hope Cameron didn't sell out too much to affect the calibre of the movie. Oh hell what am I talking about this is James Cameron.  

News Comments > Dynamix Vets Found PushButton Labs
6. Re: Dynamix Vets Found PushButton Labs May 30, 2009, 00:05 Beaner

They wont make Tribes. Pushbutton labs seems to be more about making cutesy little browser based games. Secondly you have to wonder why Jeff and Rick left Garage Games right when the whole instant action thing came about. Instant Action has the same goal, make browser based games. Its the same thing? I sense they left because Garage Games was getting too corporate for them? Who knows. Plus Garage Games purchased Tribes IP. So if anyone makes Tribes it would be Garage Games, and they seem focused on Legions which is meh.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2009, 00:07.

News Comments > Call of Duty 7 In Production
49. Re: oops? May 16, 2009, 07:46 Beaner

I agree with you man these scripted corridor games suck. Give me some tactics & freedom to plan!!

As do I. That is why I'll play Tribes forever. That game is still so ahead of its time.

News Comments > Battlefield 1943 Movie, Interview
8. Re: Battlefield 1943 Movie, Interview May 16, 2009, 07:38 Beaner

A screw this stuff, I want Tribes 3. (No Tribes Vengeance was NOT Tribes 3)  

News Comments > TribesNext Update
10. Re: TribesNext Update May 8, 2009, 01:03 Beaner

If you play competition you dont need to use vehicles. People playing PU's can run whatever rules they want. The vehicles in T2 were great because they were actually useful. The problem is that the shrike could be a bit over powered. But T2 vehicles as well as everything else added more fun and dimension to the gameplay. Plus a lot of people dont necessarily like LT.  

News Comments > TribesNext Update
8. Re: TribesNext Update May 7, 2009, 01:05 Beaner

You'll get the old Tribes 1 from GG once they launch it through instantaction. You guys who left T2 because of the bad release and nerfy speed years ago, youre missing out. Its Way better now after T2C and personally I prefer it now. Thyth has done a great job with TribesNext.

But yes, I think ultimately everyone wants a new Tribes game done right on release. I just think it would be good to incorporate things from T1 and T2, keep the speed and dont try changing shit up all over again.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2009, 01:08.

News Comments > Starsiege TRIBES to Return
44. Re: Starsiege TRIBES to Return Mar 19, 2009, 04:18 Beaner

Yeah, I don't really enjoy Legions either. The added midair direction changing is nice but overall mobility feels greatly limited when compared to Tribes.

This is one of the more interesting things about Legions vs Tribes. A lot of people that like Legions talk up the fact that its faster, but I don't really think that's true. Its fast in regards to the ease at which you can gain speed and with overdrive yes its fast. But it doesn't have the mobility feel of Tribes. That is with Tribes you just could move quickly from a standstill and your momentum once you got going didn't really sputter so quickly. In Legions your momentum sputters out quickly if you don't keep finding a steep slope or hill to downski on. Almost like TV but nowhere near as bad. This is why the rabbiting and chasing issues are so prevalent in the game. Currently because of that Legions only really plays well on smaller maps. With Tribes it didn't really matter the size of the map, whether it was a pub or a pu. They have however improved the movement a lot. It just needs a bit more tweaking.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2009, 04:21.

News Comments > Starsiege TRIBES to Return
42. Re: Starsiege TRIBES to Return Mar 19, 2009, 00:44 Beaner

Awesome sauce. Tribes is like a Led Zeppelin of the multiplayer FPS world. Its such a classic that never gets old and yet its never really garnered the commercial support or respect it deserves. Hopefully with the IP in the right hands it can be resurrected the right way and young console kids can discover why it can make many of the other FPS games seem a bit boring. And as much as I liked T1, I really hope they plan to make a new Tribes game on their new engine. Sort of a combination of T1 and T2C. I just cant get into this Legions thing its just not the same.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2009, 00:57.

News Comments > TribesNext
64. Re: sweet Jan 12, 2009, 22:12 Beaner

I still say tribes 2 was a good evolution of the game and I loved Tribes 1. T2 was killed a lot by the stock speed in the game that was foolishly nerfed in the retail release. If the game was released with physics from the classic mod, it would have been far more successful with the hardcore people even with the added vehicles, missiles and all.

If you think about it, if you built the game exactly like Tribes 1 but you kept it like LT without any base assets, vehicles, deployables etc (which is what Legions is currently), it will linger in mediocrity with a small player base.

Moreover if you put in tons of guns, turrets, deployables, vehicles and nerf the crap out of the speed and skiing it will fail with the major fanbase and hurt the games momentum. (ala T2 retail release)

And of course if you have a completely whacked variation that removes things from Tribes, waters it down, turns tribes skiing into something foreign from T1/T2C physics and converts vehicles into fisher price then it will also fail. (ala Tribes Venegance).

You need both. A modern successor taking all the elements from T1 and adding some T2, no nerfs. no changing the way things work.

Not everyone that loved the game played competition. A lot of people played it for fun as well and people try to hone it for one side (hardcore competition people) or the other (people who play for fun or newbies). I say it can be honed for both, but sadly the community is always split between hardcore and casual player. Thats the problem. The attitudes of many hardcore fans dont help either. For some reason, Tribes has a large fanbase full of thuggery and attitude which somewhat helped kill the game.

Wtf!, I have to say that i tried to play T2, but as a capper i have to say that T2 is and always will be fucking terrible, small flat maps dont work with tribes its as simple as that. Tribes was all about skiing down mountains while being chained by chasing enemies, finding the best ski runs & team work and so on.

I rather walk away and remember the good times than play that piece of crap.

Based on your comment I take it you joined some base server with those monster sized maps that are more tactical and vehicle oriented. Join a classic server for Gods sake. If I never played Tribes 1 and joined I probably would think everything was shifter mod. T2 has many of the maps from T1 and more that are not flat. Smash Better yet sell that damn Packard Bell you bought in 1998.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2009, 22:28.

58. Re: I totally agree.... Jan 11, 2009, 23:21 Beaner

I do have one complaint however. Newbies are going to have a real hard time. In the map loading screens for example there are all these server settings that I have no idea what they mean. Like "Allow smurfs" and things about networking settings. I don't know how to interpret these settings.

Not much different then someone setting up a basic wireless router or game system. The allow smurfs could be a bit confusing true. Some of this stuff is some overkill to satisfy some of the really hardcore people. Many of them are also at fault for hurting the very franchise they love.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2009, 23:22.

56. Re: I totally agree.... Jan 11, 2009, 03:40 Beaner

I agree with Jerykk. Pissing off the core fanbase in a game is not a good idea. The same dev/producer type game change decisions that hurt tribes 2 on release and TV would have caused the same type of uproar with other franchises such as Counterstrike or Halo. Plus with bandwidth and gaming today there is no reason to nerf or water down a good Tribes game. Tribes at is core is not for casual gamers but the same could be said of Halo, or BF2, or Counterstrike and you dont see those franchises getting nerfed or drastically changed with each iteration.

One of the best Things about TribesNext are all the new kids you seee trying it out for the first time. The comment are just marvelous:

"This game is amazing.."
"How come I've never heard of this game before?..."

Simply awesome. Most of us long time players will have Grandkids by the time someone in the industry gets it about the Tribes franchise.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2009, 03:44.

50. sweet Jan 8, 2009, 03:44 Beaner

They did a pretty good job considering its home brewed. Its funny all of a suddent there is this small revival of T2. No CD key for the win.

And get over the T1 better then T2 babble. T1 was great no denying it, but T2 is a worthy successor and more fun in some ways.

Go Digg it
http://digg.com/pc_games/Tribes_2_is_back

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2009, 03:49.

News Comments > Spore: Galactic Adventures?
14. Re: Spore: Galactic Adventures? Dec 28, 2008, 06:55 Beaner

No I did not and will not jump on the Will Wright greatest game ever bandwagon.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Windows 7 Shipping Mid-2009 Nov 8, 2008, 01:26 Beaner

My issue with windows 7 as someone who own Vista. This is really like a big service pack for Vista. Seriously. So people that bought Vista are basically paying for it twice.  

News Comments > Sierra Server Closures Planned
40. Re: remix those bitches Oct 9, 2008, 02:04 Beaner

Tribes 2 =(. We need to show peeps how to connect via IP. That Legions thing aint gonna do.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: No subject Sep 29, 2008, 22:45 Beaner

Windows 7 = Vista Service pack 3.

512 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo