Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ask Me

Real Name Ask Me   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Scheherazade
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 28, 2001, 23:01
Total Comments 199 (Novice)
User ID 9185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 8, 2015, 19:42 Scheherazade

descender wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 15:46:
Not a lot of people will play a DM game where the bar of entry is being able to bunnyhop around a map. I know I won't, it wasn't "fun" to do at all to keep up.

Bunnyhopping, much like "denying" in MOBA's... was a bug that should have simply been fixed and left out of future versions.

What executive producer Marty Stratton means is that the game encourages constant momentum, and gives players plenty of wide open space and options for vertical movement.

Did you write 500 words about the headline to that article? :p

Well, there's COD, BF, CS, etc. No need to make another game where the DM is dumbed down to point&click.

-scheherazade

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
142. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 8, 2015, 12:16 Scheherazade

Flatline wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 11:01:
Scheherazade wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 22:37:
Flatline wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 12:59:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 21:53:
However later on , all of the "perks" that CIG/RSI gave to the backers were limited only to the subset of paid "subscribers" and so those backers who choose not to subscribe were left out, "

Wait what the fuck is this happy horse shit? Is this guy saying that a lot of the "perks" for being a backer have been moved over to only people who subscribe?

The subscriber perks are :

- Access to a subscriber subforum.
- Periodic flare items for your Hangar (think : 'flower pot on a table' style junk... non gameplay trinkets.)
- First look at the 'making of' concept art and production screenshots. About a month before everyone else sees it via the website main news feed.
- Recent addition : Rental credit bonus injection (REC is not the MMO currency. It's for temporarily unlocking stuff to try it out. You earn REC for playing.). This was added precisely because subscribers got so little for their money.

I donno where the idea of 'subscribers getting exclusive perks that should have been available to all backers' came from.

-scheherazade

Hulk rage mode subsiding. That's not a big deal. Silly waste of money, but not a big deal.

TBH, most of the stuff people complain about re SC is not a big deal.

There is a lot of "exaggeration + getting mad at the exaggerated stuff" going on (with rarely a care about what's actually going on).

It's basically just a project that's way past schedule, with a lot of early feature creep, and with a lot of funding (so far) sustaining it'.

If they keep the funding up, eventually they will release something resembling what they wanted.
If the funding dries up, with this many heads to feed, they will flop.
Some people think the money will run out first, some people think the game will ship first.

Depending on one's beliefs, it's either a scam (why else take money if it has no hope of being finished?), or just the usual massive organization big project delay fest.

Personally, I think the project isn't a scam - but I also think that CIG is not telling the whole truth about their finances.
People see 85m and think it's a wad of cash. But it's not. 85m split between 500 people is 170k per head. And that's gotta be split up over however many years they work on this project. Plus IRL some of that 85m went towards overhead.
I don't know the age of whoever reads this post, but as an adult, you would know that 170k over a few years is not a lot of money, between house payments, car payments, insurance, property tax, maybe kids, etc.
When they say 'we have enough money to finish this project', I believe they are really saying 'so long as funding remains, we have enough money to finish this project'.
So, yeah, *so long as funding remains*, I believe they can finish the project. But therein exists the gamble.

-scheherazade

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 8, 2015, 09:52 Scheherazade

Skate park sounds like an analogy for a terrible DM level design.

Connected rooms are what makes DM a thinking game.

You need to :
learn routes
time powerups
keep track of your opponent's resources, know where he needs to go
(and how that affects your choice of where/how you go)

High level dm is a battle of attrition, not a game of kill asap.

Connected rooms let you break like of sight, and take unseen turns, that allow engagement resets. A persons ability to break engagement, or to deny a break of engagement, is very meta and relies on interpersonal understanding - reading your opponent.

Then weapon design comes into play.
Rocket launcher can keep someone from popping around a corner, as you spam the corner. Allowing you to maneuver.

Plasma is an access denial weapon. You saturate a hallway with it to prevent people from going that way. It both allows you to gain separation, and it impedes line of sight (via saturation).

Rail + mg is a combo, where after landing a rail, you switch to a quick light damage hitscan weapon to do the last few % damage quickly and with low miss penalty.

Shotgun is a surprise weapon, where you know someone is going a particular way, you head them off, and you nail them as they come around a corner.

Open areas are retarded. They boil down to hitscan weapon spam DPS fest.

Also, it appears that health drops from dead enemies. I hope in DM that's not the case.

When you don't need to travel and time powerups/health/armor, then the need to rapidly mode throughout the map is largely gone.

Which gets to another fear of mine : Did they remove bunny hopping?
I really hope it's still in, because it's the real skill wall when it comes to movement. Timing your jumps, landings, twists, and maintaining momentum, is one of the things that separates a skilled mover from a plebe.
Removing bunny hopping would cap movement skill, making it sufficient to just hold down forward. There would be no opportunity to break an opponent's momentum with splash damage, and there would be no opportunity to screw up one's own momentum.
Good maps will also make powerup shortcuts that are only accessible when the player is at a particular momentum and can time a particular jump. Which again, rewards movement skill.

Basically, skate park sounds awful. Give me quake1/quake3/doom3 dm map design any day over a skate park.

(Mentioning Doom3, I realize not many people played it in DM. It played just like quake3. But people called it slow, which makes me think that they didn't actually know how to play id games, and just held down the forward button.)

-scheherazade

129. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 22:37 Scheherazade

Flatline wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 12:59:
However later on , all of the "perks" that CIG/RSI gave to the backers were limited only to the subset of paid "subscribers" and so those backers who choose not to subscribe were left out, "

Wait what the fuck is this happy horse shit? Is this guy saying that a lot of the "perks" for being a backer have been moved over to only people who subscribe?

The subscriber perks are :

- Access to a subscriber subforum.
- Periodic flare items for your Hangar (think : 'flower pot on a table' style junk... non gameplay trinkets.)
- First look at the 'making of' concept art and production screenshots. About a month before everyone else sees it via the website main news feed.
- Recent addition : Rental credit bonus injection (REC is not the MMO currency. It's for temporarily unlocking stuff to try it out. You earn REC for playing.). This was added precisely because subscribers got so little for their money.

I donno where the idea of 'subscribers getting exclusive perks that should have been available to all backers' came from.

-scheherazade

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2015, 22:49.

119. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 12:30 Scheherazade

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 12:19:
Scheherazade wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 12:00:
That complaint is interesting, not bat shit crazy, some of what I liked:

"The premise was that early backers would be exclusively given this "lifetime insurance" while late comers and future backers would have to pay a monthly fee with real money to CIG/RSI in Star Citizen if they wanted to virtually insure their virtual ships against virtual damage in the virtual game. Without such virtual insurance, if a player's ship was damaged in a fight or battle or collision in the game, he or she would have to start over from scratch and would likely have to spend hundreds if not thousands of real USD dollars in order to buy or acquire another similar ship to replace the ship or ships that were lost or damaged. "

The issues with those statements are :

P1) Ships are to no longer be for sale after release. Any ship lost can be replaced via gameplay. You don't have to spend any money to replace a lost ship. Further, other than an initial purchase, you don't have to spend any money at all.

Fine, but I read it this way.

-The game is PTW.

-Someone has already bought ship and insurance on it. They die, they have ship no death penalty.

-Now I can have insurance to for a monthly fee, see how this creeped in?

-Since it is now a MMO, I can't get away from people who play 8 hours a day and have insurance. I am at severe dis-advantage, I can get a any ship with X hours of game play, when I die it starts back at zero playing less hours per day, by far and they have no penalty at all just continue to build stronger 8 hours at a time. This is PTW.

That is why I like personal servers, our group, not on 24/7, no pay walls, and then tweaked settings to our liking over more conservative boring MMO rules.

This is all different than the original pitches, a lot different.

The equipment (shields, guns, missiles, etc) is insured separately from the ship hull, and is supposed to be a large chunk of a ship's overall value.
LTI applies only to the hull.

Ship insurance has been said to be trivially cheap (Like auction house fees in WoW). LTI is basically a 'cool badge'.

Ship death will certainly be cheaper for insured players than uninsured players.

Player death causes you to make a new character that 'inherits' your old characters stuff, with a penalty. You basically pay a death tax (regardless of any LTI).

-scheherazade

118. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 12:23 Scheherazade

Dev wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 04:05:
Scheherazade wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 15:12:
Tidbit :

There is a rumor that Alex Mayberry has a family health emergency, and he quit to take care of someone.

No idea if it's true. Just worth mentioning that there's word out there.

-scheherazade
Likely a rumor started by desperate fans if the pattern holds.

So no private servers, online only, subscriptions, pay to win, MMO, people jumping ship. Do I have that right? Yeah I'm feeling REAL confident about my KS backing now.

Maybe. I don't know.

no private servers : Sorta. No private PU. Private arenas still a go.

online only : MMO/DM yes. Squadron42 no.

Subscriptions : Optional. All subscriber content is made public after a waiting period.

pay to win : Sorta.
Right now : Initial purchase required. Any ship/equipment can be acquired via REC, which you earn by playing the game. REC purchased equipment has to be re-purchased periodically, so you have to keep playing to keep your stuff. Real money gets you off of the treadmill, but doesn't give you access to better stuff.
In the mid-term : Yes. You can spend money now on ships that are not playable yet, to "have them" earlier than you could with REC. However, since you can't play them yet, and people can save up REC and buy stuff when it is available, it's a moot point.
In the long-term : Sorta. You get a head start on your PU equipment, but no special access. So in the initial stages of the PU, people that spent real money will have an advantage (which will go away over time).

MMO : Eventually.

People jumping ship : Sorta. Half a dozen high profile employees have left over the last few years. With ~500 people getting paid on this bandwagon, it's not exactly special.

-scheherazade

116. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 12:00 Scheherazade

That complaint is interesting, not bat shit crazy, some of what I liked:

"The premise was that early backers would be exclusively given this "lifetime insurance" while late comers and future backers would have to pay a monthly fee with real money to CIG/RSI in Star Citizen if they wanted to virtually insure their virtual ships against virtual damage in the virtual game. Without such virtual insurance, if a player's ship was damaged in a fight or battle or collision in the game, he or she would have to start over from scratch and would likely have to spend hundreds if not thousands of real USD dollars in order to buy or acquire another similar ship to replace the ship or ships that were lost or damaged. "

"We were also promised that Star Citizen would never have any "subscriptions". It is clearly stated on the initial Kickstarter campaign page that Star Citizen would not have any "subscriptions". ( "No Subscriptions" :https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description ) and yet later Chris Roberts started charging for subscriptions. His rationale for going against his earlier promise was that it was not a mandatory subscription and that the funds for the subscriptions went to producing a sort of "development subscriber program" and was not funneled, tied to nor associated with the actual development funds of the game itself. However later on , all of the "perks" that CIG/RSI gave to the backers were limited only to the subset of paid "subscribers" and so those backers who choose not to subscribe were left out, "

"Where these practices fall into the realm of ponzi pyramid scheme is when CIG/RSI publicly stated that the funds from the sales of these concept art ships go towards enabling them to create and sell even more concept art of nonexistent or yet to exist virtual ships. Essentially CIG/RSI is selling futures and derivatives on a virtual ship that was already fully funded, in a game that was already completely paid for and using that money to perpetrate their continued never-ending scheme of selling even more new concept art ships, while never actually delivering on the game nor the actual virtual ships they had previously sold months or years ago based solely on promise of delivery"

"I believe CIG/RSI could be operating as an elaborate ponzi pyramid scheme regardless of intent and structured in such a precarious manner that if for whatever reason(s) ( url : http://is.gd/scamcitizen ) anything happened and they cannot deliver then the entire house of cards will come crumbling down in an exponential domino chain reaction style, leaving millions of victims in its wake and completely devastating the public trust in the future of crowdfunding. "

The issues with those statements are :

P1) Ships are to no longer be for sale after release. Any ship lost can be replaced via gameplay. You don't have to spend any money to replace a lost ship. Further, other than an initial purchase, you don't have to spend any money at all.

P2) Subscriber content is time locked, not subscriber locked. All content available to subscribers becomes available to everyone after a time period. Subscribers get a first look, not an only look. All subscriber content, except for the most recent, has already been made available to all.

P3) Things take time to make. This is a money first game second arrangement. Not a game first money second arrangement. It's part and parcel of 'funding to make' for money to be spent prior to the availability of an item. When you hire a contractor to build you a house, you don't complain that they took your money even though the house is not built already (They need that money to build the house, and make profit).

P4) A ponzi scheme is a scheme where by the returns of an investment are paid out by future investors (as opposed to being paid out from actual investment income). There is no investment in SC, no investors, and no investment returns. The term does not apply.

The SC arrangement is akin to contract labor, where the contract terms absolve the contractor from any loss or liability.

The complaint seems to be written by someone with no actual first hand involvement with SC.

-scheherazade

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2015, 12:07.

96. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 21:26 Scheherazade

Flatline wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 17:15:
Scheherazade wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:31:

I have mixxed feeling about it.

Sure, it would be nice if they released it.

But if they did, then people would just unlock anything they wanted - which would eliminate the MMO progression and turn things into a giant DM sandbox - which is basically what you get from a private DM server.

Keeping progression in the hands of an unavailable 3rd party ensures that things require time and effort, which leads to a sense of accomplishment, which is in turn, fun.

That said, I'm sure some groups out there would have the dignity to keep the database clean and not make edits for themselves and their friends (and not attack people they dislike).

-scheherazade

Seriously?

How does what one group of people do on a private server impact your enjoyment or sense of accomplishment in the PU one iota? If full mod tools are released and you can run a private server why shouldn't someone unlock all the ships? Or change all the ships into My Little Pony ponies that shoot rainbow dicks out of their forehead if that's what makes someone happy?

"Unauthorized fun" is one of the most bullshit arguments I've ever heard against private servers.

It doesn't affect it.

I have no problem with mods (Hell, I made mods for quake and homeworld).

I simply acknowledge that 'big accomplishment' ships won't be that exciting when you can log on to a side server and play them any time.

The last line "That said, I'm sure some groups out there would have the dignity to keep the database clean and not make edits for themselves and their friends (and not attack people they dislike)." was me thinking of how the game will be after CIG ends support, and the only PU servers are private PU servers, and the integrity of progression is in the hands of unrestricted individuals. I posted hastily and didn't post a clear thought. Sorry. (Even so, I guess it still applies with the normal PU still around, so long as you value high power in game items being behind a tall effort wall)

-scheherazade

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2015, 21:35.

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
17. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 6, 2015, 21:21 Scheherazade

wtf_man wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 20:30:
Freesync is next.

Variable refresh functionality is in the vesa spec.

AMD's trademark for their support for that functionality is called "freesync" - but it's not actually an AMD specific tech.

If nvidia wanted to fully support all the vesa options, they would have a freesync-like feature too. They simply choose to not support it, and instead make a proprietary solution.

-scheherazade

69. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 6, 2015, 17:08 Scheherazade

DangerDog wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 17:00:
Has the class action lawsuit started yet?

Nothing to sue over yet. They gotta flop first. Being late isn't enough to be a fraud.

Moot anyways, since if they flop, it will be because funds are exhausted and everyone goes home. At which point there is no money to go after. Not even worth pursuing.

Hell, the entire thing is based on 'pledges' anyways, not purchases. Kinda hard to get butthurt over money you 'gave' someone to 'try their best' with. If you can't afford to gamble, go home.

-scheherazade

67. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 16:31 Scheherazade

Flatline wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:14:
Scheherazade wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:08:
Flatline wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:01:
Slashman wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 14:37:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 13:54:
Yeah. And as we can see FPS getting added to Squadron 42 was the $29 million stretch goal, unlocked on 11/22/2013. It was added in almost a full year after the KS campaign. The original backers never pledged for this bloated shit. Quote:

Enhanced Mission Design for Squadron 42 – The team at Foundry 42 has big plans for Squadron 42, and we’re going to provide extra funding to make it a true spiritual successor to Wing Commander! Squadron 42 can go above and beyond anything you’ve seen before. From opening with an epic battle instead of a training patrol to missions that seamlessly combine boarding and space combat, we aim to put you right into the action! Additional funding will let the team realize this, with enhanced mission design and more resources and animations to enhance fidelity.

Yeah. They are totally going to pull this off without a hitch. Plus the MMO part too...no problem. Wall

Don't forget private servers too!

Private servers for the PU are a no-go. They made a statement a long while ago saying that the complexity of the back end means that the only practical private servers will be limited scope deathmatch arenas.

-scheherazade

Hah! Called it.

I wasn't able to find that via google though. But it explains why the SC Cult has let the private server thing drop.

Besides, now it locks you into that sweet, sweet revenue creating stream for the company.

I say release it even if it requires a shit-ton of cloud processing. If me and 100 people want to pitch in for AWS or Azure cloud computing sufficient enough to run the server that should be our prerogative. Just be up front about it.

But that is now one day-one carved in stone promise broken from the kickstarter.

I have mixxed feeling about it.

Sure, it would be nice if they released it.

But if they did, then people would just unlock anything they wanted - which would eliminate the MMO progression and turn things into a giant DM sandbox - which is basically what you get from a private DM server.

Keeping progression in the hands of an unavailable 3rd party ensures that things require time and effort, which leads to a sense of accomplishment, which is in turn, fun.

That said, I'm sure some groups out there would have the dignity to keep the database clean and not make edits for themselves and their friends (and not attack people they dislike).

-scheherazade

58. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 16:08 Scheherazade

Flatline wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:01:
Slashman wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 14:37:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 13:54:
Yeah. And as we can see FPS getting added to Squadron 42 was the $29 million stretch goal, unlocked on 11/22/2013. It was added in almost a full year after the KS campaign. The original backers never pledged for this bloated shit. Quote:

Enhanced Mission Design for Squadron 42 – The team at Foundry 42 has big plans for Squadron 42, and we’re going to provide extra funding to make it a true spiritual successor to Wing Commander! Squadron 42 can go above and beyond anything you’ve seen before. From opening with an epic battle instead of a training patrol to missions that seamlessly combine boarding and space combat, we aim to put you right into the action! Additional funding will let the team realize this, with enhanced mission design and more resources and animations to enhance fidelity.

Yeah. They are totally going to pull this off without a hitch. Plus the MMO part too...no problem. Wall

Don't forget private servers too!

Private servers for the PU are a no-go. They made a statement a long while ago saying that the complexity of the back end means that the only practical private servers will be limited scope deathmatch arenas.

-scheherazade

54. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 6, 2015, 15:12 Scheherazade

Tidbit :

There is a rumor that Alex Mayberry has a family health emergency, and he quit to take care of someone.

No idea if it's true. Just worth mentioning that there's word out there.

-scheherazade

News Comments > Op Ed
65. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 12:48 Scheherazade

Kajetan <<

AC as it is now is anti-advertising.

It's imba and is in disarray.

I can accept bugs in an alpha, but not having good gameplay is a really big deal for me.

If it had good gameplay, I wouldn't care about disconnects and matchmaking - because I'd be eager to reconnect and keep playing. As it stands, disconnects and matchmaking don't bother me either way because I'm not compelled to log in. How the hell am I supposed to get hype and donate more $ over a game that chases me away (with ibma mechanics) whenever I go to play it?

God damn. Sigh. AC is so close to being a great space DM sandbox. It has all the parts, and no one is sorting it out. Bugs the hell out of me. They could take 10 years to finisg the PU for all I care, if I could just go dm in AC to my heart's content. All I care about is the combat anyways. That part I could have now and be happy.

(Which, BTW, was the same feeling I had with the BCruiser games. Gameplay was not compelling.)

L'sigh. Let's just see what happens.

-scheherazade

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 10:45 Scheherazade

The way I see it, sc is developing just like any other project with 500 employees and a dozen layers of management : delays delays delays.

That in itself does not concern me. (I do dislike it tho.)

What concerns me is:

1) CIGs refusal to balance and tune what they have released so far. As it stands, AC gameplay is bad, and it only takes some XML tweaks to bring it up to snuff, and they refuse to take care of it. It's such low hanging fruit that people on the forums modded it to sort out the imba issues.

2) Too many cooks. 500 people is a lot of dough. Even if they make only 40 k per year (a pittance), that's 20M per year. Plus development is a few years in already. 85m isn't a lot of money for that size of a group. I have no doubt that they can eventually make it happen - just not with 85m going at this pace with this many people. At this pace, they need to secure more funding - which means solid and fun demos (point #1) and more milestones launched, even if not polished.

-scheherazade

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
96. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 12:03 Scheherazade

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 11:54:
Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:20:
There's nothing keeping the peons from grouping up on me.

See but not even a few posts after your first and nothing even that pointed towards you, people saying they are ok with you spending whatever you like, good luck. But that is how a forum works, there is nothing keeping people from... If you take an unpopular position, you need to be able to deal with it. It's not like no poster here hasn't been on that side, we all have, deal.

Then you have to drop "peons". See you have money and with that it has gone to your head, you start setting up class scales in your head.

To me this game right now is no more or less than even the cheapest indy game. It will have a release (well we hope in this case) and then it has the same rules as all the rest. Is it worth the time and money to buy into?

So no matter how much praise or how much bitching there is, to me there is always that moment of "Is it worth a buy?". I question this game to hell and back because it fails on a lot of warnings we've been raised around. I don't like to miss patterns and fall for "it" again. But if it is close to what they tell us, the dude is going to get some serious praise for a long time.

So I'll leave with a positive saying for the game "no guts, no glory".

He didn't drop " peons".

Post #68 did, and Sugarman was referring to it.

Julio wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:08:
Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 05:33:
Actually I'm in for over $3200...If I have it to spend/waste then what business is it of yours to say how I spend it?

It's not my business how you spend your money. Star Citizen sounds like it's the perfect thing for you. You should put more into the game.

Shooting down the peons in their starter space craft while cruising around in luxury sounds like great entertainment...

-scheherazade

95. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 11:56 Scheherazade

Julio wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:23:
Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:20:
you merely paint me as some fanatical fanboy.

Putting in $3200 alone gets you the fanboy t-shirt.

Different folks have different incomes and different expenses.

$3200 would buy me 1 set of new tires and 2 [cheap] front rotors.
(Throw in some driving events or track time and the money flies.)

Some people are fortunate enough that dropping a few k on a hobby once in a blue moon isn't that big a deal.

Plus not everyone has the same taste in hobbies.

-scheherazade

6. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 12:06 Scheherazade

I hate REC. Its a freemium treadmill. One of my most dispized gaming phenomena.

That said, I get why its there.

Arena commander is not SC. Its a minigame within SC. (That just so happens to be all we can play ATM).

They want items in SC to carry over into AC, but not from AC into SC.

SC has risk (permadeath, costs of operation).
AC is a risk free mini Sim.

No one would bother earning things in risky SC if they can do it risk free in AC.

-scheherazade

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 16:12 Scheherazade

xXBatmanXx"Feb 15, 2015, 13:17]Sad to see evolve at the top, all the videos I have watched of the game it looks very boring. Is anyone here playing it, have any input?

Played it with a coworker and his buddies. It was a good fun. Expected it to be bad from all the negativity going around, but was pleasantly surprised.

-scheherazade

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 3, 2015, 04:42 Scheherazade

Creston wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 22:44:
ldonyo wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 13:10:
According to the new definition of broadband (25/3), none of those plans is actually broadband. Certainly none of them is a good deal if you have any other option for Internet service.

Hughes Net is absolutely terrible. Completely inept installers, shoddy equipment, they cheat you on your data caps, and even their "bonus bytes" are still fucking metered. My direct neighbor had Hughes Net when I moved in here, and when he found out I was a tech guy, he asked me to look at his internet connection which hadn't worked for months. He had Hughes Net (and of course the problem was on their end, and they refused to fix it.)

It does beat dial-up, and it can provide service in areas where there's literally nothing else available, but those are the only two things it has going for it. In every other aspect it's worthless service.

The only thing I hope this may do is force AT&T and Verizon to up the caps on their LTE service to something usable. I would probably use AT&T's LTE if it came with a 200GB cap.

"does beat dial-up" - not when it comes to ping :\

-scheherazade

199 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo