Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shadowcat

Real Name Shadowcat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Occupation: Texas Net Operative
Interests: Everything Ecto
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 21, 2001, 12:57
Total Comments 1013 (Pro)
User ID 9081

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > SWAT 4 Patch
3. No subject Jun 20, 2005, 19:42 Shadowcat

* Added Massive Streaming Ad Support
Sounds ominous. Does anyone have details on this?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: How generous Jun 20, 2005, 05:18 Shadowcat

Jump kicks, however, useless. You go no farther than a normal jump.
Yes, because extending a leg whilst in mid-air should definitely make you travel further...

News Comments > etc.
10. How generous Jun 19, 2005, 07:18 Shadowcat

Pre-order F.E.A.R. now and be among the elite to play the exclusive multiplayer beta
It strikes me that publishers are already lucky enough to have sufficently large numbers of people willing to test this stuff for free, but now you have to pay them for the privilege of working for them for free?!

I also fail to understand the people who seem to treat this sort of thing as a way to play a game early, rather than a way to help the developers make the final game better.

News Comments > Game & Mod Development
5. Re: No subject Jun 16, 2005, 18:44 Shadowcat

Gather 'round children and i'll tell you a tale,
Of chipper the ripper the chipmunk from hell
is that related to the Evil Attack Squirrel of Death ( http://cuagain.manilasites.com/discuss/msgReader$287 ) ??

edit: Ack. That confused the autolinker. Don't click on that link, 'cause you need the $287 part as well. Just copy and paste the whole thing...
This comment was edited on Jun 16, 18:49.

News Comments > Hitman Movie Diesel Powered
10. Re: No subject Jun 16, 2005, 01:00 Shadowcat

How'd the pc version stack up?
Apparently better than the console version. I'll be picking it up once I have a PC that will run it The PC version had some extra features, including a unique "Developer's Commentary" that, when enabled, would periodically give you a voice-over talking about how the current part of the game was made.

News Comments > Hitman Movie Diesel Powered
9. Re: Echo? Jun 16, 2005, 00:57 Shadowcat

Echo... echo... echo... How apt

I'm with the "WTF?" crowd. I have an incredibly hard time imagining Diesel making a convincing Tobias.

News Comments > Dear Diaries
5. No subject Jun 15, 2005, 19:08 Shadowcat

I quite enjoyed it, actually. Told me next to nothing about the game (which is fine -- that's not what I want from a developer diary), and gave some not unamusing anecdotal insight into the development (complete with mock-drama

News Comments > Game Movies
3. Serious Sam 2 Jun 12, 2005, 21:14 Shadowcat

I definitely need a demo for this one. The environments look nice, but the shooting on display (which is the total focus of Serious Sam after all) looked very... nondescript. It didn't really do anything for me, unfortunately. I have some faith in the series, however, so I await a demo with interest.

News Comments > Boiling Point Euro Patch
2. No subject Jun 10, 2005, 21:38 Shadowcat

73MB? ffs.

News Comments > BF2 Demo Exclusive?
14. No subject Jun 8, 2005, 01:00 Shadowcat

Out of curiosity, what happened to the mass boycotting (by download servers) of demos that are released exclusively to a particular site? They made a big noise about it a while back, but it sounds like it's still happening.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 01:01.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
16. Lucasarts Jun 6, 2005, 21:37 Shadowcat

Right now there is no story in games
This is because people like YOU cancelled projects like "Sam & Max" (2), and stopped making adventure games in general.
we need to infuse story into those games and make them compelling
See previous comment, you %&^*%#&.

I was seriously pissed off when Sam & Max was cancelled, but this is too much... Congratulations on rubbing salt into an open wound and making us hate you even more, Mr Lucasarts.

News Comments > Massive Development Closed
10. No subject May 31, 2005, 16:54 Shadowcat

This is a shame, although I never did agree with the direction they took the Aquanox series after the original Archimedean Dynasty. I gather that Revelation swung back somewhat in the direction of AD, but the whole FPS-style control really seemed to weaken the gameplay.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Playstation 5... May 26, 2005, 17:37 Shadowcat

ps 5....give me a break, ps 3 still not materialized and now comes 5. people who starts this kind of hype should be whiped and shot at their mouth.
Actually this wasn't (originally) any kind of 'PS5 Hype'. It was just a fairly stupid off-the-cuff side-comment by someone comparing 'brain power' with 'computer power' in an article about being able to 'download' your mind into a computer in the next 50-75 years or so. The quote was (you may commence wincing now):

"The new PlayStation is one percent as powerful as the human brain," He told the Observer. "It is into supercomputer status compared to 10 years ago. PlayStation 5 will probably be as powerful as the human brain."

The people to shoot are the ones who took that original article and republished part of it in the form of the above-linked version using that incredibly stupid headline.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Gun Metal
18. No subject May 26, 2005, 17:08 Shadowcat

Play "Heavy Gear 2" again, perhaps?

News Comments > etc.
11. Astrogeddon May 25, 2005, 22:48 Shadowcat

A pretty slick game of asteroids, this. Very nice graphics, and the gameplay is smooth. Control seems better/easier with keyboard than mouse (not least because of the lack of a reverse thrust mouse button, although there's nothing to stop you using that on the keyboard while using the mouse for the rest... it just seemed more intuitive to me to use the keyboard for everything).

Worth the 10MB download, for sure.

News Comments > etc.
10. Steer Madness May 25, 2005, 21:40 Shadowcat

The new patch definitely improves things. I've only replayed a small portion of the game so far, but most of the problems I'd noted by this stage last time seem to be gone, which is great.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Laser Dolphin pun May 24, 2005, 18:22 Shadowcat

Even worse, the game's objective actually seems to be "save the kidnapped (by aliens) Prime Minister". Dingo Games must surely be an Australian outfit, so I'm left wondering: Who the hell would want the Australian Prime Minister back after aliens did you such a kind service?!?

News Comments > Driver to Return
11. Re: No subject May 17, 2005, 20:29 Shadowcat

Can I be the first to suggest "DriveL"?
Gods, please don't let there be that many of them...

News Comments > Falklands War: 1982 Demo
6. Jet Thunder May 16, 2005, 20:00 Shadowcat

The other kind of game that this piece of history cries out for is a Harrier flight-sim. Happily Thunderworks are on the case with "Jet Thunder"! It's a long way off (I'm expecting it's still a couple of years away, if not more), but they're planning a full dynamic campaign of the war with all manner of good details. Essentially it's a totally-updated "AV-8B Harrier Assault". Fingers crossed that everything works out.

Now, off to download the FW:1982 demo...

News Comments > The Mod Squads
2. Re: T2X May 16, 2005, 19:40 Shadowcat

Damn, I was kinda hoping they'd send through a press release that might make this a story in its own right, rather than merely a comment in the 'mods' section (it deserves more than that).

This expansion represents an astonishing five years of hard work! Check out the details...
Based on the critically-acclaimed Thief series, T2X is an unofficial expansion building on the technology that made Thief 2 a classic with critics and fans alike. More than 60 artists, designers, writers and programmers from the gaming community have contributed their talents to realize a fresh new Thief experience.

- Thirteen full-length missions take the action through city streets and rooftops, ancient tombs, hotels, museums, cathedrals and more in a gripping tale of vengeance and deception

- Ten new weapons and tools provide the means to evade, outwit, and out-fight your opponents, as well as bringing unprecedented levels of emergent gameplay to the Thief series

- Hundreds of new models, textures and sounds: 3000 lines of new dialogue

- Four beautifully-rendered cutscenes and twelve new briefings in the original Thief style

- A new main character with a fluid, immersive narrative that grips the player until the last scene

1013 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo