Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shadowcat

Real Name Shadowcat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Occupation: Texas Net Operative
Interests: Everything Ecto
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 21, 2001, 12:57
Total Comments 1013 (Pro)
User ID 9081

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Darwinia Patched
1. Stand-alone version Mar 9, 2006, 23:41 Shadowcat

I presume these updates will also be made available to the non-Steam version of Darwinia?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Date Narrowed
23. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2006, 07:17 Shadowcat

Yes, pre-ordering is madness in the majority of cases. And if the demo comes afterwards (as it really should do if it's a genuine demonstration) I have zero problems with waiting for it.

Actually, there was one dev company whose games I would have happily pre-ordered, but I worked near a game store at the time so I just popped in every lunch hour until the game had arrived

The only time I actually pre-ordered a game, I got burned. Set me straight in a hurry, that did.

News Comments > Evenings on a Farm near Dikanka 2
41. No subject Mar 9, 2006, 05:36 Shadowcat

You can't ask for better marketing than this.
Agreed. They'd be insane to change the name.

That said, "Evenings on a Farm near Dikanka 2: Evening on the Eve of Ivan Kupal Holiday" is one serious mouthful. Fifteen words!? I'd not be surprised if that turned out to be quite the longest game title in history

I can't wait for Evenings on a Farm near Dikanka 3: Mutant Bloodbath Apocalypse.

News Comments > Gold - Barrow Hill
1. Adventures alive and kicking, clearly Mar 8, 2006, 05:22 Shadowcat

Well so much for adventure titles being dead! It seems that I read about a new one here at least every month.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
20. Re: Not impressed Mar 7, 2006, 17:50 Shadowcat

Sin is based on a graphic novel/comic.
Um, where did you get that from?

Sin was Ritual's original story. There may have been a subsequent comic based on the game (seems likely, as there was certainly an animated film based on it), but the game definitely came first.

21. Re: Oh, Come On... Mar 7, 2006, 04:57 Shadowcat

Oh, they definitely have their work cut out for them if they want to match the excellence of the original GR, but the statements above are encouraging.

The biggest problem with most of these PC-gone-console franchises is that they are just porting the console game to the PC. If PCGRAW is indeed designed for PC from the ground up, then who knows...

Sure, the game could end up bad, BUT if the PC version is indeed an entirely different game to the console version, then at least it has a chance!! Keep an open mind, and wait for the reviews or for a demo version.

19. No subject Mar 6, 2006, 22:54 Shadowcat

Agreed. That was by far the most positive quote in the entire thing, and actually suggests that maybe they're doing this right, Kevlar you freaking moron.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Vegas
34. Why Vegas? Mar 6, 2006, 22:48 Shadowcat

Vegas? Come one! They couldn't find a better location to place the game?
I bet I know why they chose Vegas.

They wanted a location where all the over-done bloom effects they'll pack the game full of will actually make some kind of sense!

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 22:56.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. Dark Messiah Mar 3, 2006, 01:25 Shadowcat

Yep, Dark Messiah is looking and sounding super-hot.

News Comments > ÜberSoldier Demo
30. Re: Starforce Detector Mar 1, 2006, 18:31 Shadowcat

What would be another popular SF protected title? It's difficult to prove if games like Ubersoldier aren't pirated because of SF or because they suck. Right now, I'd guess it's because they suck.
Trackmania (all the TM games), and Silent Hunter 3 are examples of genuinely brilliant games that utilise Starforce.

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Prank ?!? Feb 23, 2006, 07:02 Shadowcat

Stapling your own penis to a cross and setting it alight qualifies for the descriptor "prank" HOW, exactly?

Ye gods.

News Comments > KHAN Launches
32. Re: Morons Feb 22, 2006, 17:04 Shadowcat

and now today's post. The Star Trek Wrath of Khan "joke" was funny like A YEAR ago. Now it's just lame.
Ah, I see. It was funny a year ago, 23 years after the movie came out; yet it's not funny now, 24 years after the movie came out.

You see, we didn't realise that the 4% difference in the time span utterly eradicated all of the humour. Thanks for letting us know.

News Comments > Dave Perry Leaves Shiny
64. Re: No subject Feb 19, 2006, 21:29 Shadowcat

but as far as i know sacrifice was more or less an external project for shiny, it was a more or less "bought in" than a "brought in" game
Curious. I definitely read once that Sacrifice uses the same RT-DAT tech from Messiah. If what I read was correct, then Shiny must have had at a reasonable hand in putting the game together (or at least have been there fairly early on when the game's technology was being decided upon).

News Comments > rFactor Beta Patch
5. No subject Feb 18, 2006, 19:15 Shadowcat

That's pretty much true. I love sims (although I'm not much into the driving ones), and the vocal minority of the simming community is invariably the most ungrateful bunch of people you could imagine. If it's not 'perfect' (for whatever their personal perspective of perfection is, which may or may not actually resemble reality) then they won't just ignore it, but will often vigorously denounce it as being some kind of worthless crap.

The rest of the community is generally a lovely bunch of folk, but oh boy, do the complainers ever give the rest a bad name

News Comments > Dave Perry Leaves Shiny
15. No subject Feb 18, 2006, 19:10 Shadowcat

Messiah was a great game with some significant technical problems. I think it failed (a) because of the bugs/issues (which no reviewer could really ignore), and (b) quite possibly for the reasons he stated. Sadly the general public is adverse to unusual ideas, most of the time.

I enjoyed it a lot. I had to play through one area with sound disabled due to a remaining bug (if it crashes on you repeatably at a particular spot, try configuring it to disable sound, and see if that fixes it. It doesn't take very long before you can re-enable it, and carry on).

It has a bad rap, but I'd recommend it.

MDK was pretty enjoyable. Repetitive, but heck, it's an arcade shooter. It mixed things up enough to keep it from getting stale.

Earthworm Jim is great, of course!

I generally hear very good things about Sacrifice, but I've yet to play it properly. One day.

I can't comment on anything more recent.

Dave Perry has always come across as unlikeably arrogant, but obviously he doesn't much care, and presumably his bank balance is at least seven figures, so I guess he can pretty much do whatever he wants.

News Comments > Euro Ships Ahoy - Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
3. No subject Feb 17, 2006, 19:05 Shadowcat

Good reviews?

All I've seen is this:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2006/02/17

(check the comic as well)

News Comments > OZ Down on Getting Up
5. No subject Feb 17, 2006, 05:59 Shadowcat

Personally I think the game concept sucks. Well, no actually I think the game's title sucks, and I don't know much about the concept as a result, but with a shitty title like that I'm willing to bet it sucks.
Woo hoo! It actually sucks more than I imagined!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2006/02/17

News Comments > OZ Down on Getting Up
4. No subject Feb 15, 2006, 17:47 Shadowcat

Personally I think the game concept sucks. Well, no actually I think the game's title sucks, and I don't know much about the concept as a result, but with a shitty title like that I'm willing to bet it sucks. Anyhow, I disgress...

My point was going to be that regardless of how sucky the game is, that's a moronic argument for banning a game. The message they give is that it's perfectly fine to run around beating people up, shooting them, etc, as people do in games that haven't been banned, but spray-painting! Oh no!

I should add at this point that people that spray graffiti on other people's property in real life also suck.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 1 Facts
32. No subject Feb 13, 2006, 17:02 Shadowcat

Right. It's called "Aftermath" still. I vote for no more stories that suggest otherwise, please.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2006, 04:51 Shadowcat

The worth 1000 pics weren't all that good this time around. Just throwing silly maple leafs into pretty much every object. But if thats what everybody thinks when they think of canada, then that really sucks.
Tell me about it. I saw the link and e-mailed some Canadian friends so that they could have a laugh. By the time I'd scrolled through the most painfully unoriginal set of photoshopped images imaginable (for the vast majority at least), I was embarrassed at having passed the link on.

If the only thing you (they) can associate with Canada is a Maple leaf, don't make a god-damned entry for the contest.

1013 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo