Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shadowcat

Real Name Shadowcat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Occupation: Texas Net Operative
Interests: Everything Ecto
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 21, 2001, 12:57
Total Comments 1013 (Pro)
User ID 9081

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Jagged Alliance 3D Jul 26, 2006, 16:12 Shadowcat

You once again are hired by ex-ruler of a 3d world country.
While that is sort of true in context, I do think they meant to say 3rd-world (or 'third-world', as it is far more commonly written).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Q&A
4. No subject Jul 21, 2006, 04:21 Shadowcat

The game was going to be a first-person shooter
What the...?

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two, TF2 Details
47. Re: LoL! Jul 15, 2006, 23:48 Shadowcat

That shit just made me bust out laughing. TF2 & "timely fashion" in the same sentence? Muahahah!
Agreed, that was hilarious! I can't believe yours was the only comment about it.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings: The White Council Announced
13. No subject Jul 13, 2006, 17:45 Shadowcat

...will feature an original storyline derived from J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings novels under an agreement with EA
I smell doom.

News Comments > TrackMania United Unveiled
31. Simply awesome games Jul 2, 2006, 17:26 Shadowcat

Trackmania Sunrise was the best game of 2005, for my money.

And it's not only a ridiculously fun game, but the engineering is superb too -- gorgeous looks and excellent performance even on a 1GHz CPU and GF4Ti.

And the customer support from Nadeo is second to none.

StarForce arguments aside, you can't go wrong with the Trackmania series.

edit: crap. I've just been reading another thead where someone was accused of being a shill, and have come to the depressing realisation that it's difficult to genuinely gush about a game without it looking like that nowadays -- my post looks just like an advert. sigh.
This comment was edited on Jul 2, 17:29.

News Comments > Made Man in September
7. No subject Jun 23, 2006, 22:09 Shadowcat

"This is about as close to really being in the mob as a game can be. You turn your back on the wrong person, that's it, game over," continued Bill Bonnano, real life Made Man and former member of the Bonnano crime family. "I have worked with author David Fisher to make sure every level, every scene, every detail, actually represents the inner workings of organised crime. No question about it this is as real as it gets."
Sheesh. What a load of bollocks.

News Comments > NecroVisioN Unveiled
5. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2006, 03:47 Shadowcat

I guess they want to avoid disappointment at a trite plot twist by ensuring that it doesn't come as a surprise. I'm not sure how that helps their cause overall, but hey.

I'll give any game the benefit of the doubt, but that could definitely have been better-written. "Evil genius creatures", eh?

Oh, and Blue: is it actually worth mentioning that their PR Manager thinks it will be great?!

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 03:52.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. Dr Fun Jun 6, 2006, 17:58 Shadowcat

*sniffle*

Dr Fun has been on the web almost as long as I've been using it. Goodbye, you crazy dog-like thing... we'll miss you.

News Comments > The Longest Journey Patch
6. No subject May 30, 2006, 16:05 Shadowcat

I'm confused. I also have the 4CD ediition, so firstly I'm confused that a 2CD version even exists?! Did they cut the quality of the speech/videos?

I'm then confused that the new patch works on the DVD version, as that kinda implies that the DVD version is the same quality as the 2CD version, despite the fact that 4 CDs of data fits easily onto even a single-layer DVD.

Anyone know what's going on?

News Comments > Site Seeing
1. w00t! May 23, 2006, 18:58 Shadowcat

Nothing new to see here; just wanting to spread the love for Arkane and Dark Messiah...

News Comments > Sword of the Stars Delayed
16. Re: No subject May 13, 2006, 00:22 Shadowcat

People interested should really check out Darkstar One as well.
What? I could swear I heard someone mention Darkstar One in the same sentence as Wing Commander and Freespace. Is that wrong? If not, it has nothing to do with SotS which is a 4X strategy game.

News Comments > etc.
3. Also... May 9, 2006, 17:22 Shadowcat

We know episodic gaming isn't everyone's cup of tea. Like Lost fans who wait and buy the whole season on DVD, or comic book fans who only buy trade paperbacks, there are plenty of people out there who want their gaming in large doses. If you'd rather play the whole season at once, no problem. Of course, you'll have to wait until we've actually finished the whole season. And you'll have to cover your ears and run out of the room whenever your friends start talking about the great Sam & Max episode they just played.

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/faq

News Comments > etc.
2. GameTap not needed May 9, 2006, 17:20 Shadowcat

We think GameTap is a great fit for Sam & Max, but we know that not everyone will subscribe. (Plus, right now GameTap isn't available in all parts of the world.) That's why every Sam & Max episode will be available on Telltale's website, as well as on GameTap.

News Comments > Microsoft Acquires Massive Inc.
2. Dear Massive / Microsoft May 5, 2006, 00:38 Shadowcat

Please fuck off and die. Thank you.

News Comments > Reservoir Dogs Details
22. No subject May 4, 2006, 17:35 Shadowcat

one of the most original films to be released in our lifetime
Please. The film was a remake!

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Goes Episodic
16. Misleading title, Blue May 2, 2006, 17:40 Shadowcat

the news title is misleading... See to it Blue!
Seconded. With the recent usage for the term "episodic" in gaming (especially around these parts), *everyone* is going to misinterpret this title.

Although it never says it outright (no doubt because they didn't anticipate any confusion in the first place), the press release does say that each episode is about 30-40 minutes long "offering easy accessibility whether the player has hours to devote or only wants a quick TV-style fix", and when you quit the game you'll get a teaser for the next episode, which at least implies that you have all the episodes at your disposal from the beginning. Who would pay for 30-40 minutes of game, after all?

Anyone else thinking of "The Devil Inside", btw?

News Comments > War Rock Announced
17. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2006, 03:16 Shadowcat

The free game but pay for other stuff could work, but not like this…not giving distinct advantages too.
There are many examples to the contrary. People have been buying and selling game features for quite some time now. Especially in MMOs like Everquest. Some people will spend significant dollars on highly-ranked characters or equipment.

And I will also point out the masses of folks who cheat at online games (necessitating the inventions of the likes of Punkbuster). If they can get an advantage for a few bucks, they're going to go for it. I expect some of them are salivating at the idea of a game where they can be 'better' than most other players just buy spending a bit of cash.

That's not to say that there won't be gameplay areas/arenas that are restricted to certain levels of character, either. There's no reason why it would *have* to be a case of paying customers wiping the floor with non-paying customers (and for the person who said skill won't come into it, that's a silly statement. A skilled player will often run rings around the opposition, regardless of what kind of ammunition is coming their way.

And in the end, the cost of a moderately well-equiped character is likely to be a lot less than buying a regular retail game, so if you enjoy the gameplay, why the hell not pay to get more of it? The core game didn't cost you a cent, after all.

Good luck to 'em, I say.

News Comments > Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods Ships
10. Publisher logic Apr 25, 2006, 17:21 Shadowcat

This is entirely speculation...

B&W sold a lot due to impressive screens, and rave previews that were backed by (and doubtless sourced from) excessive hype from the developers. As we know, the actual game was a disappointment (great technology but poor gameplay), but vast numbers of sales had been made by then.

Now if B&W2 got the green light based entirely on sales of B&W, but a huge proportion of the people who bought the first game actually regretted it, then they really didn't have much of a market to develop for in the first place, despite their original sales figures. I pre-ordered B&W, and I didn't even give B&W2 a second glance.

If the publishers were looking only at the B&W sales (and frankly that seems quite likely), they probably thought a sequel was a no-brainer.

News Comments > Another World Remake
33. Re: Another World Remake Apr 17, 2006, 09:15 Shadowcat

The Speed Demo linked here pretty much proves that, since he does in effect cover over 90% of the game without using any hacks or exploits. €7 = 17 minutes of game = 40 cents a minute.
It's a puzzle game!!! That's like reading a walkthrough to The Secret of Monkey Island, and then complaining that you could complete the game too quickly/easily.

Your first time through Another World should take you a good few hours.

Don't watch a speed-run for this game, people. You'll just spoil it.

That depends on your definition of joy. If getting kicked in the nuts over and over and over and over while being subjected to a ridiculous plot is your definition of joy, then HoD is an absolute joy to play.

Another World is tolerable, because it's old - but let's leave HoD in the crapper where it belongs.
Oh my god. I feel deep deep pity for your inability to appreciate such a wonderful game as Heart of Darkness. That's absolutely tragic.

News Comments > Another World Remake
26. Re: Huge slowdowns? Apr 17, 2006, 04:17 Shadowcat

Have you tried running it windowed?

What kind of video hardware do you have? The game may be mis-detecting your capabilities. You could have a look through AnotherWorld.ini and try manually editing some of the settings. The items under 3dEngine may be particularly relevant if you do not have hardware-accelerated 3D in your machine.

1013 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo