Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shadowcat

Real Name Shadowcat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Occupation: Texas Net Operative
Interests: Everything Ecto
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 21, 2001, 12:57
Total Comments 1013 (Pro)
User ID 9081

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > More on the BF2142 Demo
7. No subject Oct 4, 2006, 21:06 Shadowcat

So what ever happened to all these big gaming news sites banding together to boycot news stories about exclusive downloads?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gold - Flight Simulator X
12. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2006, 03:23 Shadowcat

IMHO i'd rather have less detail but encompass the entire earth. Nothing like putting all that realism in the avionics then hitting an invisible brick wall. Part of the appeal is flying over terrain you might never get to visit otherwise.
But most of that terrain will be totally generic, which means you're not really looking at a good approximation of what you'd see if you really did visit.

Apples and oranges...

Me, I'm just glad that someone is putting out a package for my home town -- when it comes down to it, that's all I really want to have in high-res accuracy

News Comments > Gold - Flight Simulator X
5. Re: No subject Sep 18, 2006, 23:07 Shadowcat

I think Id rather see more detail in a smaller area than have to fly over google earth like texture mapping, even if it restricted where you could go, like put a cap on the area you could fly but really crank up the detail.
That was Looking Glass's (awesome) "Flight Unlimited" series.

It no longer compares graphically (at least for the most part -- it can still look stunning in the right conditions), but at the time nothing could compare for terrain detail.

MSFS has only barely caught up to some aspects of "Flight Unlimited 3", too, after all these years.

News Comments > Gold - ParaWorld
6. No subject Sep 12, 2006, 17:54 Shadowcat

No idea how it plays, but this sure is one beautiful-looking game.

News Comments > Dark Messiah Steam & LE Plans
13. No subject Aug 31, 2006, 20:36 Shadowcat

Does this mean that Dark Messiah will require you to have a Steam account if you buy the boxed version? or was that unreasonable pain just restricted to the HL2 games?

News Comments > Prey Patch Tomorrow
5. No subject Aug 29, 2006, 17:39 Shadowcat

The thing that confuses me is that "patch" in no way implies "new game play elements" unless such a thing was specifically announced. Quite why they felt the need to go out of their way to point out that their patch does not contain the unexpected is a bit of a mystery to me.

It's a little like saying "That book you ordered will be here on thursday. I'm afraid it doesn't come with a free drink bottle; it's just a book."

News Comments > Warhound Announced
18. Re: Features Aug 28, 2006, 20:36 Shadowcat

I like how the Technical Features section is twice the length of the Game Features section.
heh, excellent observation.
Not especially notable -- the technical features are fairly specific; the gameplay features are fairly broad.

News Comments > On Armed Assault's Delay
2. Re: No subject Aug 21, 2006, 23:09 Shadowcat

Heck, if they're upgrading the graphics for AA, I wonder what that says about the timeline for OFP2? I'm guessing it's years away. Oh well, all good. An unhurried game is generally a more stable/complete game.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars Early Release - Patch Plans
3. Re: Eh? Aug 17, 2006, 22:37 Shadowcat

Carch: What the hell are you on about?

News Comments > Gray Matter Revealed
6. Re: Umm Aug 16, 2006, 17:18 Shadowcat

Gray Matter (the developer) isn't around anymore
Not to mention that the term "Gray Matter" has been around forever, and will definitely not be primarily associated with a company in the minds of most people (even those of us who are aware of the game developers).

News Comments > NWN2 and Dark Messiah Limited Editions
25. Re: Dark Messiah Aug 15, 2006, 17:36 Shadowcat

What do you want, an FPS where you run around promoting pacifism, and vegan diet, and trying to help people get along?
...could you do that for me? thanks
I can do that for you in third-person.

http://www.steermadness.com/

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Aug 13, 2006, 07:14 Shadowcat

And a Billy Idol reference that would be obscure even for me
I want to protest, but considering that my copy of the song is on LP, I'm not sure that I can argue the case in this day and age.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 07:19.

News Comments > Gothic 3 Dated
17. No subject Aug 8, 2006, 18:18 Shadowcat

By releasing Gothic 3 on the 13th of October JoWooD and Deep Silver will maintain the highest possible game quality
Quick, tell all the other developers! October 13th is the magic date that eliminates all your bugs!

Also continually bewildered by people who believe the Internet is the NorthAmericanet.

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Demo Next Week
23. Re: Wow Aug 4, 2006, 09:38 Shadowcat

Well of course this has next to nothing to do with previous M&M titles. All the positive comments are simply due to Dark Messiah looking freaking awesome

I just hope this demo isn't being pushed out too early; I always think that's a dangerous move. I believe the end product will rock, but so much polish happens in the final stages of development that an early demo risks being a lot rougher than the final game.

I eagerly await the demo. Unless it requires Steam, in which case I'll probably just sigh heavily and forget all about it.

News Comments > E3 Evolves
15. Re: Meh Jul 31, 2006, 16:36 Shadowcat

You can spend a fortune advertising shit, but it still won't sell.
What planet are you from??

News Comments > E3 Evolves
14. No subject Jul 31, 2006, 16:35 Shadowcat

Must be "Evolved Electronic Entertainment Expo".

Either that, or the writer was a bit thick.

News Comments > Collapse Announced
6. No subject Jul 31, 2006, 16:29 Shadowcat

Collapse immerses the player in an alternate future.
What about an alternate past?
2096 A.D. Creatures from other dimension emerged over the old Europe, massacring and killing every life form they found on their way That was one century ago.
Well I make that ten years of inter-dimensional massacre thus far. I'm sure there are jokes to be found in there somewhere...

News Comments > Collapse Announced
5. Re: Snobby Press Release Rant Jul 31, 2006, 16:25 Shadowcat

If they released it in the native language, I severely doubt many of us would manage a better translation than we are currently given (and I can all but guarantee that I won't be bothered to try) however I thoroughly agree with item (a).

Even if you can't get a better translator, frankly all you need is a second person who is fluent in the target language to make the obvious changes to the text after the translation is done. And hell, if you're planning to release in an English-speaking country, you must surely have some native English-speaking contacts, somewhere?!?

If even the press release is translated badly, what chance does the game have?

News Comments > Site Seeing
2. Re: No subject Jul 31, 2006, 03:04 Shadowcat

Ouch, I didn't hear about Heat. Really love that film. Can well believe the game sucks. I gather that Michael Mann is helming the Miami Vice movie... bit dubious about that one, but I'll check out the reviews...

News Comments > Gold - DarkStar One
6. Re: Perfect? Jul 26, 2006, 16:15 Shadowcat

What's the deal with space games and not wanting to include any type of basic MP support?
Realistically, what's the point of including only basic MP support? Other games will do the MP better, and it just hurts the SP development.

1013 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo